Topic: I havent been on the board in awhile.

Hey Everybody,
        I registered a second name so I can use any computer to post.  I just wanted to thank you all for making the first half of the summer tour alot of fun.  I have been sick for most of it.. Mostly lingering effects of a bad virus I had earlier this summer.  Nothing serious but most of you probably have had it once or twice.  The other thing I wanted to address was Kristines claim that I sat in my bus for hours in Appleton and somebody from KC  who thinks im a " not so freindly fellow"  Anyway I should first say that after each show I go out to the bus and change and do vocal warm down exercises.  That takes around 15 mins.. I do those to ensure I dont wake up the next morning and cant talk let alone sing.  In Appleton I am sorry I missed you Kristine but I did come out and sign and take pictures as I do everynight.. It was hot inside so I decided to hang out by the bus.. Its no big deal you probably left before I came out.  But I didnt sit inside for hours.. more like 25 mins..    I love playing KC and hope to come back many times.  What has gotten me in trouble in the past and most likely in the future is my insistence for having a good production..( ie: stage, PA , lights ect).  The only reason I do is so the fans can have the best show.  I know alot of you travel great distances and spend lots of money to come see the shows, so putting on the best sounding and looking show is the least I can do.  I think the guy from the KC Blues society would agree.  I did get upset at him at the end when he rushed on the stage drunk and proceed to slober on my microphone making anouncements. Even after he was told to please use another microphone.  I use that mic everyday and not to sound like a hypocondriac I really should be the only one using it.  I found that a little unprofessional.  But it is what it is..  Stan Koron was a dear friend of mine and I know alot of people from the KC blues society.  I find them wonderful people extemely committed to the blues and educcation, and they dont need to apologize at all.  I just want all to know that I appreciate everything that has come to me.  This has gone way beyond what I thought it would  7 years ago..  There are so many more deserving players out there I just feel very lucky..
thanks again..
Joe Bonamassa

2 (edited by Deezer 2006-07-31 20:22:00)

Re: I havent been on the board in awhile.

Thanks Joe. The way you get sick, nobody should be on your mic. Thanks for clearing things up. It's why we dig ya. No use in crying over cut strings! lol STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

3 (edited by Redhouse 2006-07-31 20:23:27)

Joe, your awesome!

Thank you for how much you care about the show you put on and taking the time to meet us fans and everything you do for the Blues. I had an awesome time at the Guitar Workshop in Chicago and the CD release party/show in Grand Rapids was one of the greatest guitar experiences of my life!

Redhouse

Joe,

You deserve the recognition that you have received. You work very hard and your fans seem to be very important to you. A great number of artists are in it for the money first and do not care about the fans. Those artists seem to be driven by the big record companies. I think one of the many things that your fans appreciate and respect about you as an artist is that you do what you do with your music because you are passionate about it and are not willing to give in to the demands of the record companies and their "commercial" sound. Please always remember that your fans love you for this and will continue to support you, through sickness and health! (This is getting deep). Take care of yourself, make sure to take time to enjoy life along the way! Your true fans know you give 150% and for those that don't, well lets just say that we will make sure they know.

Take care and enjoy some time at home,

Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Thanks for all you do for us fans, Joe.  I'd love to see you back here at the Surf and I can't wait to hear Just Got Paid live having heard some snippets on Youtube.  Take care and feel better soon!

More proof why Joe is the man.  I'm anxiously awaiting Kristine's reply and thoughts on Joe's direction.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

7 (edited by Ballgame 2006-07-31 21:01:11)

awesome post Joe.  You'll have fan no matter what because you are good at what you do.  People can see through bull$hit.  So just do what you do and everything will fall into place.  I meet you in Philly and you were great to everyone

PS any help with these tabs we're working on? smile

High Water
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=557

Lie #1
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=572

BTBDs
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=532

Palm Trees, Helicopters, and Gasoline

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=563

8 (edited by Curtis 2006-07-31 21:32:47)

Joe,
It was really nice meeting you in Santa Fe...
Take good care of my baby.
let me know how it worked out for you when you really had a chance to lean into it.

curtis novak

And that's what I adore about you.  I am a new fan, but already caught up in all the magic you create in your music.....please come to Iowa again....that little bit of time at The Surf was not nearly enough...Iowa LOVES YOU!  Thanks for being so wonderful and kind to everyone. smile:):)

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Put 11's on it and raised the action...( just personal taste).. great guitar dude.. thanks for letting it go.  I give it a good home.. Keep up the great work..
Joe Bonamassa

11 (edited by Shady12 2006-07-31 23:32:14)

Joe you need to get down to San Angelo, TX(home of Los Lonely Boys) next time you make it down this way!  Bout the same size as Wichita Falls so it could work!

12 (edited by Curtis 2006-07-31 23:58:47)

Joe wrote:

Put 11's on it and raised the action...( just personal taste).. great guitar dude.. thanks for letting it go.  I give it a good home.. Keep up the great work..
Joe Bonamassa

Yeah I try to set them up pretty stock, just to play it some say action is too high or too low or they dont like the strings...
That one was hard to let go, I have others that I have not become attached to if you need any others.
Those pickups are bad **** uh?

Here is one of my latest it will have a Bigsby http://www.curtisnovak.com/guitars/repl … a-25-1.jpg
should be lighter that the strat.

thanks again,
curtis novak

Hi Joe, glad to hear that the first leg of the summer tour has been going well, with the exception of your health.  Doesn't look like much of break for you this summer to get some rest, but we hope that you shake that bug soon.  Always nice to see you post on the board. 
Take care,
David  and Lys

Music is good for the Soul...

Amarillo loved ya!
(I was down front by my self & stole every lick I could..LOL)

GREAT GUITAR TONE - very nice =   I love the Les Paul’s (I play a 96 C.P+++ with MII B)

Thanks for being humble

Come back soon & best of wishes for a HOT second 1/2 of the tour

ps..I heard so many different great players in you = I honestly believe Danny would be very proud of you

It's good to hear that you're managing to enjoy the summer tour despite the lingering effects of that virus.  We certainly have enjoyed it, too!  Your primo shows, personal/professional demeanor, and the generosity of spirit you show to the fans (including the 32 lb. ones that insist on being held for a picture by & with you only:-) all tell your story pretty accurately, and while it is nice of you to clear up misunderstandings I'm sure there are more than anyone can imagine in your line of work and probably always will be.  Meantime, thanks for the great music & great times.  See you at the very remote location of the Mohican Blues Fest, at which I'll be glad to come bearing dinner!

PS  So someone slobbered all over your microphone??  That is so vile!

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Thanks for the response Joe and do whatever you can to stay healthy out there on the road.  No stranger slober on your mic is a good start!

17 (edited by Barbara 2006-08-01 08:29:45)

Hey Joe, great to hear from you and know that in spite of not feeling well and extremely hot weather you have enjoyed the first half of your summer tour.  You always give 200% at every show.  We all as your fans appreciate your dedication, hard work and awesome music!  Hope that you are feeling much better now.  Try and get a little rest over the next couple of weeks because you need to be in primo condition for the Mohican Blues Fest.  Can't wait to see you, Bogie and Mark again.  Little more than two weeks away.  Yeah!!  Love you guys in Pittsburgh, Barbara

Hey Joe, Great to hear from you- stay healthy on the road- it seems to be getting tougher and tougher to do so, though... you're awesome...

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128