1 (edited by Ballgame 2006-07-31 21:03:20)

Topic: Lie #1 Tab Thread

since we started on this one in the Bridge to Better Days tab thread thought we might as well start a new thread so Lie #1 doesnt get buried in that thread.

So here it is, any help?

The chorus for Lie #1 is Em, G, A, Asus

I dont know the name of this A chord
---------
---2-3--
---2-2--
---2-2--
---0-0--
--------

so its

Em   G       A  Asus
--------3-----------
--------3------2-3--
----------------2-2--
--2-----0------2-2--
--2-----2------0-0--
--0-----3---------

My all time fav JB song

Re: Lie #1 Tab Thread

Thanks...!!!!

What about the bridge part under the line "you whispered things I'd never, but the thing is baby I believed every word"? Also, what is the main riff? I think I've got it down, but I'm not sure.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

4 (edited by Ballgame 2006-07-31 13:48:06)

yeah I dont know that parts yet.  So this will have to be an on going process.
Im hoping kwsjb1238 knows some of this song help us.  Hint hint smile

5 (edited by kwsjb1238 2006-07-31 21:55:16)

alright guys (and girls), here you go:

Intro:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-0-2-5-2-5-3-2--------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------5-3-2-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------3(b)-0-------------------------------------------------

verse:
E   G   A  D (I'm pretty sure I hear the F# in there)
--------2--3-3-3-3-3------------------------------------------------------------
----p---2--2-2-2-2-2-------------------------------------------------------------
-2--0---2--4-4-4-4-4---------------------------------------------------------------
-2--2---0--------------------------------------------------------------------
-0--3------------------------------------------------------------------------

then, at 0:57 (repeat 4, with some extra open notes etc. just listen and play it with feeling- you'll get it)
------------------------------------3--3-3(p)2------------------------------------
------------------------0-2---------------------2-----------------------------
------0(h)2(p)0-------0-2-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------0-0-------0-0-0--0--------------------------------------------
-0-0-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then (1:17)
                                                                                             *go into verse
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------0--------0----------0------------3-3----3------2-2-2---------------------------
--------3--------3----------4----------2-2------2----2-2-2---------------------------
----------4--------4----------5--5/7--4-4--------4--2-2-2-----------2---------------
----------------------------------5/7------------------0-0-0--0-------2---------------
--2-2-------2---------3-3-------3/5-----------------------------3(b)-0*---------------

I'll post the solo tomorrow- just so you know, I don't really feel like looking this partial tab over right now, so some of it might be wrong, but I'll check it tomorrow and tell you any changes...

heres a little snidbit (is that how you spell it) of the solo (the fast part):
(2:19)
---------------------------------15---------15-17---------------17-20(b)------------
-----------------15-----12--15--------------------------------------------------------
--------12---------------------------14-16--------------17-19------------------------
-12-14----14-------14------------------------------19--------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's all for now... I'll post this on ultimate-guitar tomorrow, when I finish tabbing out the solo for you and the fills
Enjoy
Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

6 (edited by Ballgame 2006-07-31 22:02:29)

dude you're awesome!  Good job.  Im sure about that F# though but you're probably right
are you in a band?  Have a myspace music site?

wow million thanks !!!! big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3TTKfPzkN0  BCC - Song of yesterday live !

I just moved to Florida a couple of weeks ago from Conn.  hopefully, I'll be getting a band together soon down here... when I do, I'll tell you... I think my old band might have had a myspace, but I don't know- I heard of rumors of one, though... let me check, though...

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

kwsjb1238 wrote:

alright guys (and girls), here you go:

verse:
--------2--3-3-3-3-3------------------------------------------------------------
----p---2--2-2-2-2-2-------------------------------------------------------------
-2--0---2--4-4-4-4-4---------------------------------------------------------------

just a little change- that p in the G chord should actually be a "0"... sorry...

I just finished tabbing out the solo, I just need to finish tabbing out the fills at the end... then it'll be done...

11 (edited by kwsjb1238 2006-08-01 08:59:04)

here's the tab so far:

Intro:
-0-2-5-2-5-3-2--------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------5-3-2-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------3(b)-0-------------------------------------------------

verse:
----0---2--2-2-2-2-2-------------------------------------------------------------

then, at 0:57 (repeat 4, with some extra open notes etc. just listen and play it with feeling- you'll get it)
------------------------------------3--3-3(p)2------------------------------------
------------------------0-2---------------------2-----------------------------
------0(h)2(p)0-------0-2-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------0-0-------0-0-0--0--------------------------------------------
-0-0-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then (1:17)
                                                                                                                      *go into verse
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------0--------0----------0------------3-3----3------2-2-2---------------------------
--------3--------3----------4----------2-2------2----2-2-2---------------------------
----------4--------4----------5--5/7--4-4--------4--2-2-2-----------2---------------
----------------------------------5/7------------------0-0-0--0-------2---------------
--2-2-------2---------3-3-------3/5-----------------------------3(b)-0*---------------

Solo (1:59):
                          *w/bar
----6-7-7-7(b)-6---------------------12-------12------12----------
---7-------------7\-7(b)--------15(b)---12--15---15(b)--12-15(b)--
-/6---------------------6\*---------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

-12---15(b)-15-12-----17(b)-17(r)-15------------------------------
---12------------15\-----------------17-15-17(b)-15---------------
----------------------------------------------------16\14-12-14---
             *artificial harmonic
--------------------------------------15------15-17----------17-20(b)-
----------------------------15---12-15--------------------------------
-12--12(b)-12*--------12-----------------14-16----------17-19---------
---14-----------12-14----14---14----------------------19--------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-17--17-20--17----------------------------------12-----------------
---20-----20--17-20(b)-20-17-17-20-17\--------12--15---------------
-----------------------------------------14(b)------15\14-12-14----
---------------------------------------------------------------14--
-------------------------------------------------------------------

-15(b)-15(b)-------------------------------------------------------
----------14(r)--12-14-12------------------------------------------
---------------14--------14(p)12-----------------------------------
--------------------------------14-12------------------------------
--------------------------------------15(v)------------------------

Then, under "seems you've been hanging out..." (repeat 2x)
--------------------------2-3-3-3(p)2------------------------------
-----------------0-2------2-2-2-2----2-----------------------------
----0(h)2(p)0----0-2-0-0-0-----------------------------------------
--------------0-0--------------------------------------------------
-0-0-----------------------------------3(b)------------------------

Then:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------0--------0----------0------------3-3----3------2-2-2--------------------
--------3--------3----------4----------2-2------2----2-2-2--------------------
----------4--------4----------5--5/7--4-4--------4--2-2-2-----------2---------
----------------------------------5/7------------------0-0-0--0-------2-------
--2-2-------2---------3-3-------3/5-----------------------------3(b)-0*-------

Maybe we can ask Joe about that F#, I'm not 100% sure either, it just makes sense to me, for some crazy reason, and I keep thinking I hear it in there, but I might be wrong...

this is awesome, thanks for doing that

no problem- I'm going to finish the tab now...

Well, I listened to the fast part in the solo again, and it actually goes like this, I completely missed the open B in there the first time around:
------------------------------15--------15-17------------17-20(b)---------------
----------------15----12-15--------------------0---------------------------------
--------12-----------------------14-16----------------17-------------------------
-12-14----14-----14------------------------------19-----------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 (edited by kwsjb1238 2006-08-01 14:53:52)

Just finished Lie #1, it should be up on ultimate-guitar.com in a few days... I'll tell you when... I'll work on "you upset me baby," as per Paychekkk's request... if there are any more you want, I'll be more than happy to do them...still got three weeks left until school starts up again...

Scott

16 (edited by Ballgame 2006-08-01 15:18:43)

thats great Scott, thanks.  I sent you an email too

well, my Lie #1 tab was finally accepted... here it is: http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/joe_b … _1_tab.htm

kwsjb1238 wrote:

well, my Lie #1 tab was finally accepted... here it is: http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/joe_b … _1_tab.htm

hey man good job, thanks
Did you get that email from me?