Re: Joe's a real a-----e

I was at the KC concert, & yes it was H-O-T....!!!

I admit that Joe was a little ill tempered at the end of the show, but who would'nt be.  It was a scorcher that day... a "Bonamascorcher", somebody said.  I think all could have been better if the stage had been placed under one of the two roofed areas at the Market.  That kind of heat can warp the **## out of a fretboard.

But...  Joe did'nt hesitate to get his picture taken with me at the beggining of the day. And he did put on one HELLUVA show despite the heat!  A freak'in amazing show!

Joe did a great job, & you did a great job bringing him to KC for the fans to see for free.  I really enjoyed the concert, as did my wife.  I'd say live & learn for next time... (if there is a next time).

Boda

Ditto......

Music is good for the Soul...

Photogal, you can write for me anytime, and I do it for a living, or at least did for 30 years in the Navy haha.  Fantastic gal!!

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

Bravo Photogal (and everyone else that posted)!! Couldn't have said it better myself...

Dear Tornado Blues,

You have been b**** slapped. Now go and try to actually do your job.

How's everyone else doin?  Speaking of heat...101 degrees in DC tomorrow.  Woooooo.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

tornadoblues, to me it sounds like its your job to do all that.  So why would he thank you?  You were doing this for your own benefit, so don’t give us the free BS. 
Thanks for bring Joe to your area, but its your job to make this stuff happen.

This guy didn't even have the guts to leave his e-mail..

From a promoters prospective...
1. follow the rider.
2. follow the rider.
3. follow the rider.
then..
make sure you completely advance the show w/ the tour mgr.
then
remember that the artist is an "artist"..and he needs the tools
to make the show the best it can possibly be.
Some bands won't even come off the bus if the minimum requirements
are not met..
NO ROOF on the stage???
100 plus weather... WOW!!
I'd be upset too!
You should have hired a local no name band!

I think it's funny that this guy is bitching about spending all this time promoting a show, which is his JOB, then when he doesn't have the foresight to provide a covered stage in the middle of summer, and an artist calls him on it he calls said artist an ****. That's only common sense and courtesy if it's an OUTDOOR show.Even if it's not specified in the rider, that's once again just common sense. I'd be pissed too if I were Joe. As for his assertion that Joe will lose many fans in the KC area, I doubt that will happen. Unless they listen to someone flapping their gums all over about what a jerk this person was. If that's your MO, and apparently it is, that's pretty pathetic. There's going to be a time soon, mark my words, where Mr. Bonamassa will be selling out the largest indoor venues in that area, and you'll be left out in the cold. You're making it sound like you're the only promoter in the KC area. If that's true then that's a pretty sad state of affairs. But, I highly doubt that. It just sounds like you were either (a) way over your head (b) too cheap to fork out any money or (c) both. You make it sound like you went out of your way to make sure that Joe got played on the radio etc. when it was to YOUR benefit to make sure that people show up to the show. THAT'S what a promoter does, PROMOTE. Any artist would be upset over playing in those conditions, some might refuse to play at all. I may be going WAY out on a limb here, but I'd wager that not only did Joe NOT lose fans because of his performance, but definitely GAINED a lot. wink

Nightwatcher's House Of Rock
http://nightwatchershouseofrock.blogspot.com/
Now featured on Planet Rock, The Chicago Sun Times and The Mog Music Network
Also featured on antiMUSIC's RockNewsinfo at http://www.antimusic.com/rocknews/

hey Tornadoblues...blow yourself back to the N'Sync fan forum....PWN3D!

blow-tornado...get it...hehehehe...I so funny....

alabamakid wrote:

hey Tornadoblues...blow yourself back to the N'Sync fan forum....PWN3D!

blow-tornado...get it...hehehehe...I so funny....

Yeah, we got that but what is PWN3D?

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

It's internet speak for "owned."

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:

yeah...I got it from some "hip" kids on another...not so nice...forum I frequent...

alabamakid wrote:
Deezer wrote:

yeah...I got it from some "hip" kids on another...not so nice...forum I frequent...

wait.... isn't that the same length as "owned"... what?   that makes absolutely no sense- thought the whole point of internet slang was to shorten something, not to make another word that's the same length- weird...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

well as it turns out this dude was being a drunk a$$.  Then has the nerve to come here and complain about being treated poorly

please explain!!!

Ballgame wrote:

well as it turns out this dude was being a drunk a$$.  Then has the nerve to come here and complain about being treated poorly

34 (edited by alabamakid 2006-07-31 22:43:43)

kwsjb1238 wrote:

wait.... isn't that the same length as "owned"... what?   that makes absolutely no sense- thought the whole point of internet slang was to shorten something, not to make another word that's the same length- weird...

...not much on most internet forums make sense, imho, lol, blahblahblah, hehehehe... smile

2frogs wrote:

please explain!!!

Ballgame wrote:

look at joe's new post...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Hmmm...
wow..
I hope the blues society looks at his post!
He may be 86' from the group..

kwsjb1238 wrote:
2frogs wrote:

please explain!!!

Ballgame wrote:

look at joe's new post...