Topic: Joe on Walter Trout album

Just heard the tune that Joe plays on from the new Walter Trout album.  DAMN!! Joe sounds better taking a solo on that recording than he does on most of his own.  I was quite impressed.  Everybody should check it out.  Joe B rocks!

Re: Joe on Walter Trout album

I'm a huge Walter Trout fan and Joe, it's a great track on a very awesome album. "Clouds On The Horizon" is 7 1/2 minutes of two of the greatest guitar player's around getting down.

My son makes me skip almost every other song on the CD to get to Joe and Walter tearin' it up.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

that song ROCKS!!!
I love it. It has become my favorite song as of now. smile
I listen to that Cd all the time. I can't take it out of the cd player! the whole cd is great!

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

I got mine at Barns and Nobels. I don't know if yall have one there or not. But it was only like 13 dollars there.

peace,
sarah

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

Jane H. wrote:

anyone know the cheapest reputible place to get this?
thanks
Jane

http://cgi.ebay.com/Walter-Trout-Full-C … dZViewItem

$0.99

Jane,
Request the song with Joe on WCCC.com on Sunday eve. I'm sure he'll play it. I'll request it too. Requests can be e-mailed.

Jane,

You might try Amazon on the web. They are generally pretty cheap on new CDs and if you were to order another CD or something else you wanted that puts the total over $25 shipping is often free on their "super saver" option.

I bought You and Me from Amazon as an import over a month prior to release in the states and the price was very good for an import. I am hoping to have Joe autograph it for me when he is here is Vegas next week.

Tower Records used to have good pricing, but that has changed recently and I have found Amazon to be the best deal most of the time.

Nothin' but the Blues

Jane H. wrote:

I can't bid against that guy!!!!
now if it were mid_west_bluesman or whatever his name is I wouldn't hold back smile
thanks anyway, I'll get this disc soon, can't belive I have waited this long to check it out

awwwwwwwww...there were no bids when I posted it...."someone" got there first..hehehehehe....

Jane, please feel free to bid away. I can swing buying a copy through amazon or cd universe, no big deal. Thanks for the thought though...

12 bucks - barnes and nobel

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/ … K=11176052

I may just go buy one in person, Walter is playing Jazzbones in Tacoma this weekend. If I'm not mistaken, Coco Montoya is playing Jazzbones pretty soon too. I better make reservations!

It's a really strong guitar album, so much talent on one CD.  Full Circle has gotten some good reviews in the guitar mags and it also has been posted on Clapton's site by the webmaster.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

I don't think it's any coincidence that Clouds on the horizon is the best track on the disc. It's awesome listening to Joe trade licks with Walter. 2 to 3 minutes of serious blues licks back and forth.  I think it's the first lead from Joe that sounds alot like High water everywhere.   Just a great tune.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Picked up Full Circle @ Walter's show last night. Was cool to read in the liner notes, "We wrote 'Clouds on the Horizon' in the studio and played it one time - no rehearsal! This is what you hear on the CD."

16 (edited by David 2006-08-06 17:50:25)

I requested it on WCCC and they're playing it right now! What a smokin song! Not only licks by Joe but vocals too!

I really dig the opening track "She takes more then she gives" it's my favorite on the album.