Topic: Tulsa Show

Wow, I just got back to Atlanta from the Tulsa show at the Venue last night. That place rocks. The sound was perfect and the band kicked lots of ****. Joes vocals and playing were from another planet. He was on top of his game as always. Thanks must go out to The Blues Society Of Tulsa for the great job they did. If it was'nt sold out it was real close. Thanks to all. Now I must get Joe to play a little closer to my home here in Atlanta.

Long live the King!!

2 (edited by jim m 2006-07-27 20:00:57)

Re: Tulsa Show

A lot has changed since I last saw Joe in Tulsa in 2002. I had first seen him at the Oklahoma Blues Fest early in May. I had become a regular here after that bonabaptism. Signed up for the Street Team e-mail alerts and was one of the people wondering why has this guy been a kept a secret. Later that year in July he was booked at a small theatre on a Wednesday night back in Tulsa. I piled the Suburban with as many people as I could drag along telling them man just wait till you see this.

Well a generous estimate would have been 35 in attendance out of which 20 were there to see the local kid opening.. A few of them left before Joe took the stage. Well Joe proceeded to blow the roof off the place he didn’t care if there was 15 or 1,500 he played like there was no tomorrow making me realize even more that I was witnessing a special moment, that he truly was the real deal.

I’m not going to go into detail what transpired in the last four years but I will tell you this
last night also a Wednesday if those same 35 showed up late that came to the 2002 show I don’t think they would of fit in the place. The Joe Bonamassa I first saw was a monster on guitar with a big Strat sound that I had never heard anything like before. Oh yes you could hear some influences from guitar legends but played like only Joe can. Precise emotional playing from an intense performer.

Last night you got that same player with a more Gibson flavor with the stage presence to captivate and draw a crowd even deeper in to the show. He had them in his hands from the first rift to the last. Last night I saw why this elevator he is riding isn’t going to stop till the top. The guy can sing like nobody else. He will be who all others are compared to someday. I am just glad to be along for the ride.

I would also like to thank the Blues Society of Tulsa, KMOD and John Wooley at the Tulsa world that helped this show such a succes.

^^What he said.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

jim m wrote:

A lot has changed since I last saw Joe in Tulsa in 2002. I had first seen him at the Oklahoma Blues Fest early in May. I had become a regular here after that bonabaptism. Signed up for the Street Team e-mail alerts and was one of the people wondering why has this guy been a kept a secret. Later that year in July he was booked at a small theatre on a Wednesday night back in Tulsa. I piled the Suburban with as many people as I could drag along telling them man just wait till you see this.

Well a generous estimate would have been 35 in attendance out of which 20 were there to see the local kid opening.. A few of them left before Joe took the stage. Well Joe proceeded to blow the roof off the place he didn’t care if there was 15 or 1,500 he played like there was no tomorrow making me realize even more that I was witnessing a special moment, that he truly was the real deal.

I’m not going to go into detail what transpired in the last four years but I will tell you this
last night also a Wednesday if those same 35 showed up late that came to the 2002 show I don’t think they would of fit in the place. The Joe Bonamassa I first saw was a monster on guitar with a big Strat sound that I had never heard anything like before. Oh yes you could hear some influences from guitar legends but played like only Joe can. Precise emotional playing from an intense performer.

Last night you got that same player with a more Gibson flavor with the stage presence to captivate and draw a crowd even deeper in to the show. He had them in his hands from the first rift to the last. Last night I saw why this elevator he is riding isn’t going to stop till the top. The guy can sing like nobody else. He will be who all others are compared to someday. I am just glad to be along for the ride.

I would also like to thank the Blues Society of Tulsa, KMOD and John Wooley at the Tulsa world that helped this show such a succes.

What do you think the chances are of getting Joe to play the Tulsa Blues Fest?

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Workin on it. You really know how to rain on a mans parade PC.

Oh so envious... sounds like another great show and venue.  Have heard nothing but great things about the venue.  We have been on the ride since seeing Joe play a private party in the middle of a mall in Greenville, SC back in 2002.  His level of playing and singing keeps going up the scale.  Who knows where it is going to stop!

Music is good for the Soul...

jim m wrote:

Workin on it. You really know how to rain on a mans parade PC.

Just my attempt at an inside joke.........great job in Tulsa, jim m

I'm sure others that wouldn't have been privy to our conversation in Reno don't get the joke, so I probably shouldn't have posted it.

Looks like sun over that parade to me. cool

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Karco,

Were you sitting up in the rafters at a table?  I was standing by the staircase for the entire show, and I remember overhearing somebody say they were from Atlanta up there. 

This was my first time to see Joe live and I was blown away.  I brought along 5 friends and they all **## their pants after he played blues deluxe. 

Jim,

If I can help you at all with trying to get Joe back here for the Blues fest, let me know.  I've got some slight connections with the owners at the Cain's ballroom.

Joe

“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
-Jimmy Page

Yup, that was me at the top of the stairs. Trying to plan my next Joe show. May have to wait to see him in Las Vegas but have my promote Joe cards in work and still working on a T-Shirt to match.

Long Live The King!!