1 (edited by Sue 2008-03-05 16:44:25)

Topic: Joe Newbie

Hi I am Sue, partner of Geoff who has mentioned me in his postings recently.

I must admit that the first Joe gig I attended I was not sure whether I liked his style or not.  I am now converted........................I would not stand for an hour in the rain for anyone until now.  Newcastle was not kind to those of us who were queuing for an hour to get to the front when the doors opened.  It was cold, wet and windy but it did not matter, we stood and laughed, chatted and discovered new friends while we waited.

I have been to six of Joe's gigs now and they just get better and better.  Crewe was amazing considering he was not 100% fit but Newcastle just blew us away.  I was standing between Michael and Geoff this time and it was just the best I have ever seen Joe.  I am sure that he could do at least two nights at the RAH.  Just one question Joe - After you got this news from the U.K. what did you think when you next looked in the mirror on the tour bus bet this was a BIG step up from being a 'pop star'!!!!

You so deserve this accolade for the pleasure you give to your fans and I am looking forward to seeing you, Carmine, Rick and Bogie in Liverpool in July.

Michael, it was such a pleasure meeting up with you and having you stay with us, you are welcome anytime - See you July.

Rock on and keep the faith!!

Re: Joe Newbie

WELCOME!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Hi Geoff's Sue..We've heard about you and have seen your pixs..Now we get to meet you. Hi Sue, I'm Cathy and I'm a Joeaholic! That's our greeting..And, no arguments, you were between 2 fine men. Get to know us 'cause we're coming to visit:)    Cathy

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys.  I am not really new to the site as I have been logging in on Geoffs to read all the postings, just thought it was time I put my views across  now I am a Joeaholic too.  London is going to be some get together of the Joe Clan.

Well, welcome anyway Sue.

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Welcome Sue to this wonderful forum!! Glad you got a taste of Joe and got to meet our friend Michael. Post often. smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Welcome to the group "officially" Sue. Even though you've been in here a lot longer than I have... smile

I was at the Crewe show. Were you front and centre wearing Sloe Gin T-shirts, cuz if so, I was about 3 feet to the right of you??

It's exciting in here at the moment, there's a huge buzz going on and it's great to be a part of it isn't it! smile

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

A VERY warm welcome to you Sue!!!  You're going to have a great time here with us!  Glad you're participating and not just peeking in!!

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Howdy.

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red

Hi Sue smile

I had my Bonabaptism at Crewe but didn't join the forum until the following day.... but now I'm on the Joe rollercoaster I never wanna get off! And what a ride!!!!!

Scream if you wanna go faster! big_smile

Cheshire_Lass/Libby

Cheshire_Lass/Libby smile  (Bonabaptised: 22 Feb '08)

If I'm alive when I'm 99 I'm still gonna be saying, "Remember 4th May 2009 when we saw Joe at the RAH... what a night that was!"

welcome sue., and hi to your partner geof, im the guy with the funny accent you let take a pic of the set list at crewe...thanks, hi to you too paul b, we didnt meet at crewe but yyou were real close ,i was right behind geof +sue, you too lass/libby, i too am totaly hooked on joe now, and im so excited for the rah gig, i hope i can get a ticket for this gig it will be fantastic, im hoping joe plays cornbury fest in july but artists not revealed till 14th march and nowt on tour dates so im crossing fings,if not its up to liverpool. cheers   steve.

who draws the crowd n plays so loud    jb he,s the guitar man.

Hello Sue, It's really nice to hear from you. See you at Liverpool - got my tickets today. I seem to spend my life looking forward to the next Jb gig and re-living the last one. London '09 is going to be amazingly, briilliantly exciting

Tripsy

13 (edited by Ges 2008-03-08 03:22:18)

Hi Sue

Welcome officially. We met at one of the recent gigs - Manchester I think.
Hope we meet again.

Best wishes.

Met the lady in the picture above this post and her partner at Morecambe as well. Small world this cyberspace !! Hi guys.

Yes PaulB that was us front and centre is just where we like to be...........never thought I would queue for over an hour in all elements at my age to see a concert but Joe and the Boys are so worth it.  Make yourself known next time - will you be in Liverpool?

Sue wrote:

Yes PaulB that was us front and centre is just where we like to be...........never thought I would queue for over an hour in all elements at my age to see a concert but Joe and the Boys are so worth it.  Make yourself known next time - will you be in Liverpool?

Couldn't agree with you more. Haven't been able to listen to any other music since that night. Just keep rotating my "Joe-llection"....there's another one for the Bonaglossary! smile

I don't think I'll be at the Liverpool gig, hoping to be somewhere sunny by then. Hopefully I'll catch him later in the year though, am sure he won't just do the Truro gig, and leave it at that...??

Will say hi next time......

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

Welcome Sue

The more the merrier! I haven't spoken to one person who came away from a Joe gig dissapointed. Maybe see you in Liverpool if I can get time off work!

Peace and Jam

millhouse big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Paul - Shame you may miss the Liverpool gig, we have our tickets already and really looking forward to it. RAH is going to be some venue for Joe and the Boys and so well deserved but selfishly I am sorry that he has got so popular as the gigs will lose their intimacy.  It is the fact that at the smaller venues you can 'get up close and personal' with the guys that will be missed and the odd wink or smile when they see a face they recognise

Millhouse - make yourself known if you are there. Hopefully Geoff and I will be front and centre as usual.

Sue wrote:

Paul - Shame you may miss the Liverpool gig, we have our tickets already and really looking forward to it. RAH is going to be some venue for Joe and the Boys and so well deserved but selfishly I am sorry that he has got so popular as the gigs will lose their intimacy.  It is the fact that at the smaller venues you can 'get up close and personal' with the guys that will be missed and the odd wink or smile when they see a face they recognise

Millhouse - make yourself known if you are there. Hopefully Geoff and I will be front and centre as usual.

After my "humping" post it won't be hard to miss me. I'll be the guy under the pile of English rugby fans. Still smiling! I will pull out all the stops to be there as I love Liverpool.

millhouse big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"