Topic: My name's Paul and I'm a Joe-aholic!!

Well, I've posted a couple of times today for the Crewe gig on last Friday, and thought I should take the time to say hi and introduce myself properly.

Last Friday was my first live Bonamassa experience, and will surely be the first of many, although judging from the amount of new members posting, I'll have a real struggle getting to the front next time.

Since I've started to learn to play the guitar only a few months ago, i've been soaking up guitar music like a sponge. I've always been a big music fan, covering all genres, but I can honestly say there are two musicians that I have recently "discovered" that have changed my musical perception in a way no other artist or genre has before. Those two are Stevie Ray Vaughan and Joe Bonamassa. Such breathtaking skill, dedication and evident passion in each and every note they play can't help but inspire the aspiring guitarist within. The other most obvious quality shared by these two legends is the fact that they are/were bloody nice people as well, so humble and modest.

So as I continue to soak up all things Bonamassa ("You & Me" and "Live at Rockaplast" are en route as we speak"), and fool around with my Les Paul copy smile I would just like to say a big hello to all the like minded individuals in here, and to thank Joe Bonamassa and the rest of the band for the best gig I've ever been too. The words "life-altering experience" come to mind.

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

Re: My name's Paul and I'm a Joe-aholic!!

Hi Paul..I've said it before..We are enablers and will feed your addiction. Luckily, good music is food for the soul! Make sure you pick yourself up from the floor and tell us about your Rockpalast experience. Remember, there is no such thing as "too loud"... Cathy

You hit it right on target........it is life altering.  I sometimes think to myself.....that is such a huge statement, considering Joe is doing what he loves and playing guitar.  But when we first saw him live, it did change us.  You just stand there and think to yourself, is this for real?  How did we not hear of him before this?
Glad you had the experience!!!  Welcome to the forum

Thanks again you guys, I really do feel all warm inside!! wink

Cannot wait for more Joe-food 2 arrive through my letter-box, and I'm sure you'll be hearing from me when it does. But, until then I have plenty to keep me busy, as well as spreading the word to those who'll listen and shouting to those that won't and have no taste!!

Long may he reign.

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

Welcome to the forum Paul.  LOVE the intro to your intro.  smile

I have felt everything you are feeling and am here to tell you that it only gets better, my friend.....it only gets better.

Enjoy your time here with us between Joe shows!

smile  Libby  smile

P. S.  I feel all warm inside too!

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Why thank you Libby. It's nice to be accepted into the club. smile

I felt I had to stand up in this big room and declare my current addictive state of Joe-ness. He's going down a storm over here as you can probably see from the other posts. All his hard work is paying off big-time, and I can't wait to see him again. Thankfully, I've got you guys to keep me informed and up to date until that fine day comes round again. smile

Ludwig Van Beethoven

PaulB74 wrote:

Thanks again you guys, I really do feel all warm inside!! wink

Cannot wait for more Joe-food 2 arrive through my letter-box, and I'm sure you'll be hearing from me when it does. But, until then I have plenty to keep me busy, as well as spreading the word to those who'll listen and shouting to those that won't and have no taste!!

Long may he reign.

quote=PaulB74]Cannot wait for more Joe-food 2 arrive through my letter-box ..............  Hey Paul , My Postman even whistles " Long Distance Blues "

Listen i've been gorging myself silly these past 3 years with Stuff coming through all the time , it must be classed as some sort of affliction , guess i got the blues

Joe's had it 25 .... BB Still got over 60 yrs and Eric been with it over 50 ...... lots of peoples got it too on this here forum

Ain't No Cure

.................. Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

cathysiler wrote:

Hi Paul..I've said it before..We are enablers and will feed your addiction. Luckily, good music is food for the soul! Make sure you pick yourself up from the floor and tell us about your Rockpalast experience. Remember, there is no such thing as "too loud"... Cathy

Oh Cathy, that's funny...to me!  I will add to my line-up BonamaSalsa, uh oh...better get permission, first.

enableon
thefunkydroflove

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum! We are so delighted to see several new UK fans and Joe's popularity increasing every year. Enjoy your time here and post away!! smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Thanks Mary, it's great to be hear. You're right, it is good to see that all the hard work Joe and the guys are putting in is paying off in increasing his popularity.

I'll bet Amazon's had a bit of extra work to do these last few weeks too....not including my half a dozen orders!!:)

Ludwig Van Beethoven