Topic: Better late than Never...

Hi all out there in Bonamassa Country (A mighty fine place to be) as usual I’ve gone and done this the wrong way round, but what the hell…Here’s me – UK born and bred 40 something (just) own hair, own house, own mind (mostly) … a shed load of CD’s – most of which are staying put on the shelf at the moment, as I continually and obsessively rotate The Bonamassa Opus… 

As a confirmed blues/rock fan I would just like to say there is currently NO BETTER place to slake ones thirst than with a healthy slug of JB…As my other love is for Steely Dan I would like to put in request to Joe to try hi hand at some of that … Reelin in the Years JB styleee would rock like a mountain

Channelling roots Brit blues from Free to LZ and adding his own je ne sais quoi is what Joe appears to be all about, and LONG may he prosper

AND what’s more … his fans appear to be Real Nice People too ???

I Decline to Walk The Line...

Re: Better late than Never...

Welcome.. Nub. smile where ya been tongue

Welcome to the forum........you will love it here!  Just a ton of really great people on board.  Thanks for joining in on the fun.
ss

Hey Steelydad,

Glad you checked in here so that I could welcome you officially!  Happy you're here with us.

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

5 (edited by Tfor1 2008-02-27 04:26:55)

Hello
I`m Tony, from the Uk.
I recently went to Notttingham Rock city, to see Joe for the first time, I  had been impressed with Sloe Gin, on first hearing, this infusion of rock riffs.and structured blues, is hardly a new genre, But, finding That music that when heard, makes you FEEL rather than Nod in appreciation is rare... well, to me.
I was  totally taken by Joe and his outstanding talent, I play blues guitar a litle myself, and have listened to many; the key to being average is practice, practice, the key to mastery is  Feel, not only with the instrument, but you as a working musician,or in projecting your ability to an audience of one or many.
Joe has this wonderful, sense of  feel, and outstanding touch,, for blues based music, ok rock riffing is fine for cranking in those `sweeteners`, but it`s that last weepimg single note,struck well, that  flutters the nape of the neck, or resounds in the  heart, not in the ears, Joe to me has that effect.
There is little of it about currently in the Uk( where Joe is now considered `POP` music having chart success...........)LAMO.
I wanted to express this, because when your`re good, people should say so loudly,
Thanks for entertaining me(if you catch this)

Hi Tony (Tfor1),

Welcome to the forum!  If you check in on an Intro page more forum members will see that you have arrived and you will be flooded with welcomes!!

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.