Topic: Hi! I'm Lenny...

Hi!

My name is Lenny, 21 yrs old and I'm from Holland. I'm a big fan of Joe, so I just had to register here.
I also play guitar, for about 10 yrs now. Mostly blues/rock and rock.

I work as a soundengineer and assistent-engineer at a venue in Utrecht, called Tivoli. Joe is going to play at our venue, march 11th. Can't wait to see and work with him. I'm excited!

Have a nice day!
Lenny

Re: Hi! I'm Lenny...

lennygitarist wrote:

Hi!

My name is Lenny, 21 yrs old and I'm from Holland. I'm a big fan of Joe, so I just had to register here.
I also play guitar, for about 10 yrs now. Mostly blues/rock and rock.

I work as a soundengineer and assistent-engineer at a venue in Utrecht, called Tivoli. Joe is going to play at our venue, march 11th. Can't wait to see and work with him. I'm excited!

Have a nice day!
Lenny

Howdy Lenny, welcome to the forums.

I, like yourself, am a sound engineer, a guitar player, and 21 years old.

And, I am truly jealous you get to work with Joe.

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red

Hi Lenny and thanks for joining in!! We're always happy to see young folks here. You've been playing a long time already..stick with it! Can't wait to hear about your Joe show!  Cathy

21?  21?  Welcome any way.  Cathy you're loving this aren't you?

soami
bigjeffjones

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Hallo Lenny,

Welkom op deze site en dit forum. Zit hier zelf al 3 jaar op en heb Joe zien groeien van onbekend naar steeds bekender en dat gaat zeker zo door!
Ik ga naar Den Haag en Hardenberg, wilde ook naar Tivoli maar kan niet met werk.
Veel plezier met Joe, ik heb hem meerdere malen ontmoet en het is een ontzettend aardige man! Doe hem de groeten van mij. Spreek hem zelf in Hardenberg.
O ja, hij is de beste gitarist van dit moment. Luister eens naar zijn geluid, klankkleur UNIEK!

laat ons even horen hoe het was en wat je van hem vond als persoon!

Groeten Andre Wittebroek Winterswijk

Hallo Lenny,

Welcome to the forum!  We're glad you're here!

I'm so happy that you LOVE the blues, and that you will be able to work with Joe soon!

Have fun here (and THERE too!)

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Welcome Lenny

Nice to have another guitarist aboard. Have a shmoke an a pancake on me.

Peace and Jam

millhouse:):):):):):):):):):)

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Welcome to yet another guitar slinger!

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Welcome Lenny to one of the best forums this side of the Internet. You get to work with Joe??? I'm so jealous. smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Wow, what a warm welcome! smile

Yeah, i'm really excited to meet him, he seems like a really nice guy. And, off course... an awesome guitarplayer.
Unfortunately i'm not doing sound for him (although I think he's bringing his own engineers), i'm gonna work as a sort of Stagehand that day. So i have a great view on his gear big_smile

Last week we had a great Dutch bluesguitarist playing, named Julian Sass. Huge sound, 2 JCM900 with 1960TV cabs. Glad to have my earplugs in my pocket smile I heard Joe plays VERY loud also...

For the soundengineers; do you guys have to work with dB-limits? We have to, very strict... 105 dB..

@ Andre: Wat leuk om een NL'er tegen te komen hier. Winterswijk? haha... als je een blues/rock-fanaat bent moet je de Big Bam Boom Band wel kennen denk ik.. ;-)

Have a nice day, Y'all!
Lenny

Welcome Lenny,
          I'm jealous you get to be a stagehand that day.  BUT I am so happy for you, too!  Jump up on the big comfy couch with us here, kick your shoes off, fix a batch of popcorn and settle back and watch some JB-TV with us.  It'll be March 11th before you know it.   Have fun! smile

pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  Hold on to your socks that day, because I bet Mr. Joe cool Bonamassa will blow them off

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

12 (edited by MontiusWinston 2008-02-19 02:26:44)

lennygitarist wrote:

For the soundengineers; do you guys have to work with dB-limits? We have to, very strict... 105 dB..

Yeah, sometimes.  I think it tends to depend on the venue (or local ordinance) more than anything.

The last few shows I worked were outdoors, so we actually didn't have to worry too much about that (though we did have a limit after certain hours).  Let me tell ya, 15 JBL VerTecs a side throws the sound quite a ways.....

PS:  I was looking at the website of a music and camping festival I worked this last summer and I found a blurry picture of my pale wirey self.  The only reason I can tell it is me is because 1) I remember what I was wearing and 2) I was in monitor world.

Hey, it's the only picture that I know that exists with with John Butler Trio and myself....

If you are interested in some of the pictures from that cool gig:

http://www.wakarusa.com/2008/photo_gallery.asp

Go to 2007.  I'm in the Artists section on slide 88.  Blurry, but it's me.

I might have to go again this year, Back Door Slam is playing...

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red