Re: Los Lonely Boys New Album

Los Lonely Boys are now #1 on the Rock Chart...give them a chance and go get the CD...most every track is great and I can listen to it over and over again.

My favorite songs off the SACRED Cd are Living My Life, Roses, ...guess I shouldn't have started this list because there are too many to list.....To appreciate LLB, you must see them live and then and only then will you fall hard.

And also am coming to the defense of REDHOUSE...what he says is absolutely positively the truth about the date he joined and the fact that he turned on many LLB fans to Joe.  He just got banned from the LLB forum because of his participation in the JOJO discussions.  All the other stuff was passe' already

Please get your hands on the Sacred CD and the Self Titled cd...I don't like much music but can say truthfully that LLB and Joe  is the best out there.   Love both LIVE..front and center!!

Sunshine

".....cuz you're here, now my heart's UNBROKEN."

Deezer wrote:

And Chris, you're right. Did you know that it just debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200? And #1 on the rock charts? How cool is that?

Thats amazing! I was hoping they could make the top 10.  If i remeber correctly it took like 20 weeks before they broke into the top 20 on their last album, so this is great news.

In a way, I consider this the number 1 album. NOW always charts #1 and its just compilations...not fair!

It's incredible to me that I just saw LLB play a tiny venue with John Eddie (who is awesome) about 3 years ago!

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

I am also a member of the LLB forum, and it was Deezer who turned me onto Joe. He talked about it last year, and I went out and bought Had To Cry Today without ever hearing any tracks, and I can tell you, as Deezer did, I was not disappointed. Now I have all of the CD's & one DVD of Joes. he's amazing! We have seen him twice now, once in Atlanta and last Thursday in Dallas. I can't wait to see him again. Gonna try to get up to Blues Alley for 1-2 shows in DC. Have to see how that works out.

Anyway - Thanks from me, to Deezer, for promoting Joe, and making a fan out of me. That is the true spirit of a street team.

As for the other stuff, there has been some negativity over there due to recent events and please, lets just leave it over there. But you have to remember that there are folks from both forums on here, and what you say may be challenged. Redhouse, you brought it up here. Not sure why you would do that, but the best result is just to move on and not bring it up again.

The Sacred CD is great! Buy it and you will see. I do miss the Onda type songs, but there's a flavor for everybody on the new CD. I didn't like Outlaws as it was a bit too country for me, but after seeing the first live performance of it at Stubb's, I'm now cranking it up! LLB rocked the house with that one. My Way is my favorite. I hope the band follows their own words and doesn't let Sony tell them what to do.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

Joe Rocks!!!!!

Roadking

You're welcome Roadking. Great music makes the friggin' world go 'round!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Roadking wrote:

I am also a member of the LLB forum, and it was Deezer who turned me onto Joe. He talked about it last year, and I went out and bought Had To Cry Today without ever hearing any tracks, and I can tell you, as Deezer did, I was not disappointed. Now I have all of the CD's & one DVD of Joes. he's amazing! We have seen him twice now, once in Atlanta and last Thursday in Dallas. I can't wait to see him again. Gonna try to get up to Blues Alley for 1-2 shows in DC. Have to see how that works out.

Anyway - Thanks from me, to Deezer, for promoting Joe, and making a fan out of me. That is the true spirit of a street team.

As for the other stuff, there has been some negativity over there due to recent events and please, lets just leave it over there. But you have to remember that there are folks from both forums on here, and what you say may be challenged. Redhouse, you brought it up here. Not sure why you would do that, but the best result is just to move on and not bring it up again.

The Sacred CD is great! Buy it and you will see. I do miss the Onda type songs, but there's a flavor for everybody on the new CD. I didn't like Outlaws as it was a bit too country for me, but after seeing the first live performance of it at Stubb's, I'm now cranking it up! LLB rocked the house with that one. My Way is my favorite. I hope the band follows their own words and doesn't let Sony tell them what to do.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

Joe Rocks!!!!!

Roadking

I did bring up that I was banned for the Jojo discussion, which was being discussed in this thread not me being banned, but Jojo, in context it was to show how serious they take the Jojo thing over there. I did not bring any of the rest of what is going on over there and I wouldn't. This Liza had to troll around and bring it up here. I'm so done with all that, I wish people would leave it alone and move on. It's bad enough that if any of my freinds from over there speak up, they will get banned and the forum over there will be closed down.

Jane H. wrote:
liza wrote:
Redhouse wrote:

There was a Joe thread over on the LLB forum that was huge, a lot of Joe fans over there after I started talking about Joe. A lot of Guitar and Music forums discuss Joe.

I just got banned off the LLB forum yesterday after being on there since it started, for taking part in a thread about the Jojo subject, I guess that's what I get for sticking up for the Austin PD.

Umm now come on Redhouse be truthful on the banning.  Don't you think it had a tiny bit to do with you and Sunshine (Carolyn) airing your "laundry" in the forum and taking the focus away from the music yet AGAIN?!

And that you had anything to do with people converting to JB is just not the case for me.  You joined the LLB board in June of this year ... hardly been on there since it began unless you had yet ANOTHER alias!  I came to know about Joe thru some trades and got one of his live boots.  That was all there was to it just had to hear him to know his gifts.  Your ego must be huge to think that you brought so many to him!

maybe Redhouse meant that after Joe's name was mentioned, that many fans started talking about him, not neccesarily that they turned so many onto Joe.

Chris, I hear that if you were the one who started a thread and you edit/delete it the whole thread goes away...

This is what I meant, we started discussing Joe and we turned on a few like Carloyn and few others went out and got the CD and there was already a lot of Joe fans like myself, Roadking and a few more people.

John M wrote:
Ballgame wrote:

I love Dane Cook!

smile

Okay, I'll bite. What does Dane Cook have to do with the Homely Boys?

On Chris myspace site he says he hates Dane Cook.  I have no idea who Dane is but wanted to be a smarta$$ so I said that.   But Chris didnt pick up on it smile

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Dane Cook, one of my favorite comedians (sorry Chris). If you like the cleaner variety, don't click:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym_fo_6L … ane%20Cook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN5fSkcV … ane%20Cook

63 (edited by Redhouse 2006-07-31 17:45:56)

That was funny stuff!

Back on subject, LLB is not doing to bad on the charts, Sacred is no.2 on the rock charts. If anybody wants to play some of the new songs, search the LLB forum I tabbed out, Diamonds, Never Met A Woman and Orale.

I'll forgive you Deezer I will admit, that while I don't like Dane Cook, I think one of the reasons he gets me so angry is all the attention he gets when there are so many great comedians besides him.  (Bob Kelly is one funny man who joined him on Tourgasm). 

I wish we had an Off-Topic forum on this site.  I feel bad even talking about this.

Oh yeah...the super finger is lame.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

65 (edited by Redhouse 2006-08-08 10:34:08)

Since I can't post on the LLB forum anymore, I thought some of you who still do would like to post. Guitar Edge Mag, the September/October 06' issue, has a small pic of Henry on the cover with all of Diamonds tabbed out on pages 63-69.

i went out at bought the new LLB cd this weekend and i gotta say, it'll sit in my cd case and gather dust like the last one and the live at the fillmore cd which is the cd that made me really not respect them anymore, but my estimations i should send LLB a bill for $60 because i also got suckered into buying both versions of the first album

i simply cannot stand the poppy polished schlocky love songs these guys write or have written for them, how many times can you hear the same drivel, "girl you look so fine, gotta make you mine" blah blah blah Bullsh*t, all these hacks do is record filler music that is easy to comprehend for the sheep that are the typical american music buyers, i can't wait to see them on the disney channel like i did johnny lang about 10 years ago or so

the day we never hear anything more from these morons can't come soon enough, or since they idolize ritchie valens so much maybe they can go away that way

j_bilicki wrote:

i also got suckered into buying both versions of the first album

Thats dumb...

what's dumb? i bought the original version, then later i bought the version with the extra tracks on it (walk the line, etc.)

yes it is dumb to keep screwing your fanbase by releasing new versions of the same album

They didn't make you buy it. You could've bought I Walk The Line off Sony's website or off iTunes for less than a dollar. That's your fault for not investigating further.

j_bilicki wrote:

the day we never hear anything more from these morons can't come soon enough, or since they idolize ritchie valens so much maybe they can go away that way

Wow, you don't like someone's music so much that you'd wish they'd die. Yeah, you're cool.

Well, I suppose that my point is this.  If you "cannot stand the poppy polished schlocky love song....", then why would you buy the album once, then buy it again, then buy the DVD, and then buy the new CD if you hate these guys so much?

I hate Dave Matthews and when his stuff comes out, no matter if my friends recommend him, I DO NOT buy the album, because I know I don't like him.

So why do you continue to buy the stuff then, sir? I am calling Bravo Sierra on you.

i didn't think the first album was too bad , so i bought the ones with the extra tracks, then they came out with a live album i said "cool, i bet the live stuff smokes" man was i wrong, that acapela thing on live at the fillmore was SO lame, i bought the new album because the post on this board said how good it was, i personally thought it sucked

i went to the LLB forum at lunch today to confirm what i thought, it's a bunch of irritating teenage girls getting all wet posting pictures of jojo saying OMG!OMG! he's soooooooooo cute,heeeeheeeeheeeee giggle giggle, and henry's hair is soooooooooooooo totally awesome OMG!

LLB is nothing more than another pissant boy band, this time they play their own instruments, not very good, but at least they play their own instruments, but wait, so did hanson....

and yes i wish death upon those i can't stand, nothing slow and full of suffering, nice and quick like getting hit by train or something, there's too many people in this world anyway, we wouldn't miss 3 less