Re: Los Lonely Boys New Album

Not to brown-nose, but Deezer you're one of the best contributors on the forum.  You seem to have wisdom beyond your years (not to mention excellent taste in music).

38 (edited by Shady12 2006-07-26 09:24:12)

Jojo's Fiancee/wife, whatever, her dad supposedly posted on the band's website that it was blown out of proportion and he trusts him with his daughter.  For whatever that's worth.  The incident on sexual assault previously, I don't remember the details(I live in San Angelo and Ringo lives a couple houses from my aunt) but sounded like some girls who wanted to start trouble or get publicity or something.  Supposedly by the time something supposedly happened Ringo was in bed asleep. 

As far as their music goes, I wouldn't consider them really poppy.  Their pop hit Heaven was written when they were teens in the 90's after their grandma died I believe.  Obviously not written with the goal of being a hit and when the CD came out it wasn't even being considered for a single.  The hit status of it just happened on it's own.

I really like My Way, Oye Mamacita, and My Loneliness off the new album.  Good stuff.

39 (edited by Deezer 2006-07-26 09:41:33)

Heaven was written in the late 90s when Henry Garza's first son died of sudden infant death syndrome. The story goes that he was praying and something told him to write the prayer down. And that prayer became Heaven.

Oh, and dude, thank you much. With a name like yours, I must abide.=D

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:

All is good.

Back on topic, I really am enjoying Oye Mamacita and Roses off their new cd. I think that they both play on the band's strengths.

I agree Deezer.  I can't wait to see them play Roses live.  I think that a lot of the new album will translate to their live show very well. That always excites me.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

I hope you guys post as much about Joe on the LLB board -sheez!

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

There was a good-sized thread (about five or six pages) on Joe. So yeah, he gets a lot of play over there as well. Happy?

There was a Joe thread over on the LLB forum that was huge, a lot of Joe fans over there after I started talking about Joe. A lot of Guitar and Music forums discuss Joe.

I just got banned off the LLB forum yesterday after being on there since it started, for taking part in a thread about the Jojo subject, I guess that's what I get for sticking up for the Austin PD.

Deezer wrote:

There was a good-sized thread (about five or six pages) on Joe. So yeah, he gets a lot of play over there as well. Happy?

Yeah, pal. Joe needs publicity. LLB needs it like a hole in the head.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

Redhouse wrote:

I just got banned off the LLB forum yesterday after being on there since it started, for taking part in a thread about the Jojo subject, I guess that's what I get for sticking up for the Austin PD.

Our gain, their loss.  Too bad for them!

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

Thank you! smile

Doh..figured Deezer would correct me.  I remember why I got it wrong..Grandma I think had died not long before the Blue Cat Blues cd performance and they mentioned it before playing I think? 

Anyway, I do wish more people knew about Joe.  I know NO ONE, not a single human, other than online, that has ever heard of him.

Yep. That's correct.

And for the record, I promote good music, whether it needs it or not.

Shady12 wrote:

Anyway, I do wish more people knew about Joe.  I know NO ONE, not a single human, other than online, that has ever heard of him.

I agree... every time people ask me who my favorite band/ artist is and I tell them Joe- I haven't met a single person yet who didn't know about Joe before I introduced them to him- and after that, they love him too... come to think of it, I've never met a single person who doesn't like Joe after hearing him- just shows you how good he is and how he appeals to a very broad audience.

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

With how awesome Joe is, the word is and will get out there. He's in the Guitar Mag's and a lot of the Music and Guitar forums are talking about him. The Blues and Rock gods are talking about him, Joe's will be a household name one day watch.

Redhouse wrote:

There was a Joe thread over on the LLB forum that was huge, a lot of Joe fans over there after I started talking about Joe. A lot of Guitar and Music forums discuss Joe.

Umm now come on Redhouse be truthful on the banning.  Don't you think it had a tiny bit to do with you and Sunshine (Carolyn) airing your "laundry" in the forum and taking the focus away from the music yet AGAIN?!

And that you had anything to do with people converting to JB is just not the case for me.  You joined the LLB board in June of this year ... hardly been on there since it began unless you had yet ANOTHER alias!  I came to know about Joe thru some trades and got one of his live boots.  That was all there was to it just had to hear him to know his gifts.  Your ego must be huge to think that you brought so many to him!

STOP!!!!

This is a musicians message board, not a place to air personal problems with other posters.

For everyone that doesn't continue with this line of dialogue...I will give you 167,398 thousand dollars....i swear.*

I was listening to the album again yesterday...their harmonies are really excellent on this album.

*Dramatization...I may not pay money...but I'll be happy.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Keep the personal crap and attacks off of the board. Do not bring the drama from the LLB forum over here. Do you see me airing my personal bad experiences (both mine and others fault) from over there? No, you don't.

And Chris, you're right. Did you know that it just debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200? And #1 on the rock charts? How cool is that?

54 (edited by Redhouse 2006-07-28 10:57:24)

liza wrote:
Redhouse wrote:

Umm now come on Redhouse be truthful on the banning.  Don't you think it had a tiny bit to do with you and Sunshine (Carolyn) airing your "laundry" in the forum and taking the focus away from the music yet AGAIN?!

And that you had anything to do with people converting to JB is just not the case for me.  You joined the LLB board in June of this year ... hardly been on there since it began unless you had yet ANOTHER alias!  I came to know about Joe thru some trades and got one of his live boots.  That was all there was to it just had to hear him to know his gifts.  Your ego must be huge to think that you brought so many to him!

Maybe you should get your facts straight, I joined the LLB forum the day it started I was number 50 on the list. In June something happened to my account, I was unable to log in for a week and they couldn't fix it so I had to re-join. Search the name Redhouse you'll find posts going back from day one on that forum. I think Deezer can tell you when that forum started, him and I had many great SRV disscussions on that forum.

Second, this is the Joe Bonamassa forum and I don't think it's right or that anyone should really care what happened over there. I was just banned over what I said about the new album and Jojo. I'm also sorry that some troll had to bring this here. 

Third, if you read the Joe Bonamassa thread over there you would have read me pushing Joe big time and I was the first person to do so! Unlike many of the people over there, I have been a Joe fan for a while.