Re: Los Lonely Boys New Album

Deezer wrote:

I've seen the reports. On the pot thing, okay, what great musician hasn't done drugs. SRV, Clapton, ect. Doesn't make it wrong, but I'm not going to nail them to the cross for marijuana.

Secondly, on the harassment charge, I've heard that it was just an argument where they got too loud and the cops were called. If that's the case, fine. Who here who is married has not gotten into a argument with your spouse. If he did assault her, I hope they nail his manhood to a wooden board. But I'm not going to judge the case yet.

Google it.......I found several similiar reports on the web. Some from their hometown. Stories about holding underage girls without their consent, drugs, and domestic violence. From what small amount of fame these guys have had, they seem to make the police blotter a lot. Although I don't judge people either, that does keep me from being too enthusiastic about them or their music.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

I love Dane Cook!

smile

Ballgame wrote:

I love Dane Cook!

smile

Okay, I'll bite. What does Dane Cook have to do with the Homely Boys?

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

pcornell wrote:
Deezer wrote:

I've seen the reports. On the pot thing, okay, what great musician hasn't done drugs. SRV, Clapton, ect. Doesn't make it wrong, but I'm not going to nail them to the cross for marijuana.

Secondly, on the harassment charge, I've heard that it was just an argument where they got too loud and the cops were called. If that's the case, fine. Who here who is married has not gotten into a argument with your spouse. If he did assault her, I hope they nail his manhood to a wooden board. But I'm not going to judge the case yet.

Google it.......I found several similiar reports on the web. Some from their hometown. Stories about holding underage girls without their consent, drugs, and domestic violence. From what small amount of fame these guys have had, they seem to make the police blotter a lot. Although I don't judge people either, that does keep me from being too enthusiastic about them or their music.

PC

Didn't need to "google it." Those charges were dropped. In the previous charge involving the drummer, Ringo's wife took the rap for the pot, and there was no proof of sexual harassment. You finding people guilty when they've been declared innocent?

All they're guilty of so far is smoking some reefer. In the big scheme of things, that's extremely small.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:
pcornell wrote:
Deezer wrote:

PC

Didn't need to "google it." Those charges were dropped. In the previous charge involving the drummer, Ringo's wife took the rap for the pot, and there was no proof of sexual harassment. You finding people guilty when they've been declared innocent?

All they're guilty of so far is smoking some reefer. In the big scheme of things, that's extremely small.

OK, I'm not sure they are really "guilty" of that either. In the legal sense. It seems as though you're OK with having them be guilty of that and not the other allegations.  But, there are more reports than the two you've quoted - and charges/civil actions still pending. But that wasn't my point.

All I'm saying is that if the cops repeatedly have to respond to the same location, with the same allegations, and the same people involved, there might be more to it than a misunderstanding. Nobody is perfect, but those things do affect my opinion of them.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Yes, if it's pot, I don't like it, but in the grand scheme of things, there is worse, like sexual harassment, assault, ect. And if they have done sexual harassment, assault, they they should pay big time for it. Pot, not a big deal, hitting a woman, a very big deal. Got it?

Deezer wrote:

Those charges were dropped. ....You finding people guilty when they've been declared innocent?

We all know how the legal system works.  Having charges dropped in no way means the person cited was innocent.  Same w/ finding someone "not guilty."  That, too, does NOT mean they're innocent.

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...

But the point is, if they're found innocent they're found innocent. Can't go back on it. Do I think OJ murdered his wife? Yes. But he was found innocent, so there's really nothing that can be done about it. Do I think Michael Jackson molested those kids? Yes. But he was found innocent. Again, nothing can be done about that.

Couple that with the fact that LLB is the best band outside of Joe at being fan-friendly and are supposedly very family-oriented, and it just doesn't fit.

Deezer wrote:

But the point is, if they're found innocent they're found innocent. Can't go back on it. Do I think OJ murdered his wife? Yes. But he was found innocent, so there's really nothing that can be done about it. Do I think Michael Jackson molested those kids? Yes. But he was found innocent. Again, nothing can be done about that.

Couple that with the fact that LLB is the best band outside of Joe at being fan-friendly and are supposedly very family-oriented, and it just doesn't fit.

I see what you're saying, Deez, but you're wrong about the legalities.  No one is ever found "innocent," they are found "not guilty," which in my estimation is NOT the same,  especially based on the coupla cases you mentioned!  And you know how some of those "not guilty" verdicts are reached, and it has nothing at all to do with being "innocent!"

As far as I'm concerned, the jury's still out on the Garzas.   Will this stop people from buying their music?  Who knows?  Some marketing technique that JoJo's got, huh?

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

Who the heck cares about their personal life? Brujeria are a bunch of criminals but I still love their music.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

Donna wrote:
Deezer wrote:

I see what you're saying, Deez, but you're wrong about the legalities.  No one is ever found "innocent," they are found "not guilty," which in my estimation is NOT the same,  especially based on the coupla cases you mentioned!  And you know how some of those "not guilty" verdicts are reached, and it has nothing at all to do with being "innocent!"

As far as I'm concerned, the jury's still out on the Garzas.   Will this stop people from buying their music?  Who knows?  Some marketing technique that JoJo's got, huh?

Innocent, not guilty, point is that they weren't found guilty. That's all I'm saying. You know what they say, "All news is good news." Some people have made a killing off of scandals. R Kelly, Eminem, The White Stripes, even Zeppelin have benefitted hugely from "bad press." So who knows, might be a good one. (if I was speaking to you face-to-face, you would've noticed that last line would've had a huge amount of sarcasm in it) lol

Guys, this is getting a bit out of hand.  I don't mind posting stuff about other blues/rock artists, as long as it focuses on the music.  This has become a conversation about semantics at this point.  There is a good argument to be made for either side here, but I think we should try and get back to the music aspect of this post.

The reason I like this board over all others is that it usually is about music.  I know Deezer from other boards, and he's good people as are everyone else on this thread.  Let's just let things be.

It's about the music, man. big_smile

Nothin But Love,
Chris

P.S. Dane Cook is overrated. For proof, watch his HBO show.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Chris, I get the distinct impression you're callin me out! : )  Hey, I know the young Mr. Deezer also, and I like to give him a hard time (especially over semantics) because he thinks he knows so much.  So what if HE'S usually RIGHT?!   And the reason I chimed in here was because pcornell mentioned that "nobody is perfect, but those things do affect my opinion of them." 

It is about the music...LLB is celebrating their newest release.  Was this the greatest time to put yourself in a questionable position, legally?  Or maybe like Deez said in a totally sarcastic way...any news is good news when it comes to marketing.

And here I go into the mess.

Donna, I'm not calling anybody out.  I just want this to stop.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Ok, so the Walmart version of "Sacred" has a bonus track of JoJo's tune written for his daughter.

The "Sacred" CD exclusive to Target has 2 live bonus tracks..."Man to Beat," and "Oye Mamacita," to the tune of $14.98.

(Are we back on track now?) : )

Donna wrote:

Chris, I get the distinct impression you're callin me out! : )  Hey, I know the young Mr. Deezer also, and I like to give him a hard time (especially over semantics) because he thinks he knows so much.  So what if HE'S usually RIGHT?!   And the reason I chimed in here was because pcornell mentioned that "nobody is perfect, but those things do affect my opinion of them." 

It is about the music...LLB is celebrating their newest release.  Was this the greatest time to put yourself in a questionable position, legally?  Or maybe like Deez said in a totally sarcastic way...any news is good news when it comes to marketing.

I don't think I know a lot, but I do have opinions. Oh well...

Donna wrote:

Hey, I know the young Mr. Deezer also, and I like to give him a hard time (especially over semantics) because he thinks he knows so much.  So what if HE'S usually RIGHT?!

Deez, knock it off!  You know I love ya!  I should have said, "because I think he knows so much!"  Better?

Hi Jane...guess what?  I agree w/ you!  : )

All is good.

Back on topic, I really am enjoying Oye Mamacita and Roses off their new cd. I think that they both play on the band's strengths.