Topic: HIGH WATER EVERYWHERE verse riff

e--------------------------------------------3--------------------------------------------------------------------------
b--------------------------------------------3-------------------------------------3---3--------------------------------
g----------------------------------------------------------------------------------4---3---------------------------------
d------------------5--------------------------------------------------5--------------------------------------------------
a-------7----5---------7----0h5----7-------------------7-----5----------7--------------------------------------------
e-0h3--------------------------------------------0h3--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check this tab add tell me what to change or whatever one of my first tabs not too sure about the end of the riff if anything sounds better please let me know!!! thanks

Re: HIGH WATER EVERYWHERE verse riff

you can play that whole riff in the 1st e minor pentatonic box

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Thanks its probably alot easier

Yeah when I worked it out I played it entirely in that 1st E minor pentatonic box, that way you can use the open strings! smile

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

awesome, thanks for the tab.  So whats the open e tab look like? We need more Joe tabs

When you see Joe at a show, somebody please ask him when the tab book is coming out.

I think the use of open strings is what gives the tune its real flavor and feel.  I have also fooled around with adding a glass slide for a little extra blues feel (I kind of blend the 2 guitar parts together).  High Water Everywhere is one of my favorite all time tracks from Joe!

Russ B.

8 (edited by Ballgame 2006-07-24 15:36:05)

so is this the new tab?  I don’t have a guitar with me, I just changed the tab based the 1st position

Old
e--------------------------------------------3--------------------------------------------------------------------------
b--------------------------------------------3-------------------------------------3---3--------------------------------
g----------------------------------------------------------------------------------4---3---------------------------------
d------------------5--------------------------------------------------5--------------------------------------------------
a-------7----5---------7----0h5----7-------------------7-----5----------7--------------------------------------------
e-0h3--------------------------------------------0h3--------------------------------------------------------------------

New?
e------------------------------------------------3--------------------------------------------------------------------
b------------------------------------------------3-------------------------------------3---3-------------------------
g----------------------0-----------------------------------------------------0---------4---3-------------------------
d-------2----0-----------2----------0-----2----------------2-----0-------------2-----------------------------------
a----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e-0h3-----------------------------------------------0h3-------------------------------------------------------------