Topic: Yet another newbie - hi guys

Never heard of Joe until mate mentioned him the week before Xmas 07.

Very rare for me to receive intros to artists, normally me doing this for others.

Great website and video streaming made me go wow! A couple of albums later (You & Me & Sloe Gin), no time to get others at this time, but a great insight & introduction I think before the gig in Frome on Saturday night!!!

Cannot wait - the man is a genius, I'm expecting to get blown away!!

Best wishes to everyone else going to Frome and the other gigs.

kpr

Re: Yet another newbie - hi guys

Blown away you shall be!

really!
bigjeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

kpr wrote:

Never heard of Joe until mate mentioned him the week before Xmas 07.

Very rare for me to receive intros to artists, normally me doing this for others.

Great website and video streaming made me go wow! A couple of albums later (You & Me & Sloe Gin), no time to get others at this time, but a great insight & introduction I think before the gig in Frome on Saturday night!!!

Cannot wait - the man is a genius, I'm expecting to get blown away!!

Best wishes to everyone else going to Frome and the other gigs.

kpr

Hi kpr

Welcome to the family and take some heavy boots to make sure you stay in the venue. It will be awesome!

millhouse:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Welcome to JoeWorld kpr..Strap yourself in because you're in for a wild ride.! It is imperative that you come back and tell us about your Bonabaptism! With shows selling out all over Europe, you will be among great fans...Best to you, Cathy

Welcome kpr and I'm sure after the show your musiclife will change into Bonalife! Please let us know how it was!

Thanks for coming to this wonderful forum!!

Andre Wittebroek.

Welcome aboard kpr. I expect a full report on the experience. I love hearing baptismal stories.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

7 (edited by Wooders 2008-02-15 06:24:56)

Hi kpr,

As one relative newby to another, welcome. This is a really great forum with a wonderful community spirit. What makes it even more personal is Joe's occasional appearances on the forum. It's nice to know he's watching us. smile

I'm off to see Joe in London tonight, so if I have a moment tomorrow I'll try to post a short review - after I've returned to earth! It's my first time too, so I'm really excited at the prospect of seeing Joe and being "blown away". big_smile

Have a great time tomorrow.

Regards
Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Welcome kpr!  Just like everyone says, you will be blown away on Saturday night.  Make sure you have someone on hand to catch your jaw when it drops.  Have a great time - we will see you there!

Yes, a very warm welcome to the forum! 
You are about to see an incredible artist that will change the way you look at guitarist forever.  You just know you are witnessing something very rare in a musician.
Have fun!!

I like your style kpr- " I'm EXPECTING to get blown away"  Yes indeed!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hey guys, what friendly folks, many thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm typing this, listening to guess who on Planet Rock - they do so love Sloe Gin (as I guess we all do!!!).

Looking forwards to your review Wooders of last night at Shepherds Bush - lovely venue, and I'll return the favour for all you guys tomorrow after tonight's gig in Frome.

Best wishes to you all

kpr

"Watch his hands" someone said

....just don't get fixated like I did. It's the way his plectrum keeps appearing, tucked away in his palm, whilst he's plucking! I'm hoping tonight that I'll actually work out how it goes from his fingers , to palm and then his mouth! I only need to see it once, then I'll get back to watching the strings and the volume swell!

As I'm in the intro section, I best say HI. I'm Paul from Andover, Hampshire, 51.... been listening to Joe now for about 3 years. Saw him last August at Mr Kyps, still have my jaw on the floor!

Maybe I'll tell you about Frome when I get back!

Paul