Topic: Hi from Wooders, the latest recruit.

Hi everyone,

Having only “discovered” Joe around a year ago I am now addicted and listen to his music every day. I have all his albums (except New Day Yesterday, Live), the Rockpalast DVD and also the 12/21/01 DVD (with So, It’s Like That) which is not available in the UK. I’ll probably buy New Day Yesterday, Live at some stage, but for now the DVD of the concert will do.

I’ve been doing my best to spread the word and have turned a few people onto Joe on totally non-music related fora and also at work. I’ll be taking a couple of colleagues to see Joe at the Shepherds Bush Empire on Friday this week. Can’t wait as it’s the first time I’ll have seen Joe. I’ll be down at the front.

Does Joe usually have a stall at his gigs selling T-shirts etc?

Oh, a little about me to close. I’m a young 53 who started going to gigs at around the age of 14. I’ve seen most of the big (and lots of smaller) British bands, but my favourite all time US band is The Allman Brothers, who I saw in ’74. There’s a lot of Dickie and Duane in Joe’s playing. I also love Walter T, who I've seen several times.

It looks like Joe has a great community on this forum and I look forward to joining in from time to time.

Regards
Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Re: Hi from Wooders, the latest recruit.

Hi Phil and thanks for joining. Please come back and tell us about the show. Look for Joe shirts and say Hi. I don't know about sales in Europe. They do sell things at shows here. Have fun and get ANDY Live!  Cathy

Hallo Phil,

Welcome to this wonderful forum, it's the best there is.
The first time I saw Joe live was in November 2004 and he blew the audience away. me too!!

When Joe just finished the show a man ran up the stage. shouted in the microphone: People this is a historic evening, you just saw the best guitarplayer of the world!!!!! He will be very famous in the future, he was right!!

After the show Joe came to the stall and talked with the fans. I bought the - had to cry today- CD  which he signed for me. I bought the -Always on the road- T shirt as well. After that I've seen him 11 times live and there was always a stall.
So buy if you can, you won't regret. That AOTR T-shirt is not available anymore so I'm glad I bought when I could, It's going to be a collectors item. Last October in Paradiso Amsterdam they would give me 100 Euro's for it. No way!!!

Again a very warm welcome!

Andre Wittebroek, 54 years old!

Hi Phil

Welcome aboard. Get there early at Shepherds Bush to grab a spot at the front. I'm missing that one this time around and going to Cambridge instead. You're gonna be blown away by Joe.....enjoy!!!!

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Thanks for the warm welcome. It’s certainly been an eventful couple of days, what with the BBC session and the Popa Chubby debacle. I had wondered whether it was a comment like the one made by Jimmy Thackery about Jonny Lang which went along the lines of “He plays so good, I want to break his fingers”. Jonny’s record label used this comment to publicise Jonny’s album “Lie to Me” but I can’t see Joe’s label putting a sticker on his next album proclaiming “Popa Chubby wants to p***s on Joe’s grave” – lol. I must say I didn’t think Popa Chubby would need to resort to making snide comments about Joe as his playing is pretty hot too. His contribution to the Jimi Hendrix Festival Concert CD is excellent. If you haven’t got this CD, I can thoroughly recommend it.

Cathy, I’ve seen a couple of references to “ANDY” on the forums. Please excuse my ignorance, but who or what is ANDY?

Geoff, thanks for the tip. I fully intended to leave the office on time (for a change) and head to Shepherds Bush to be near the front. I doubt I’ll be first in the queue, though.

Andre, you Dutch really appreciate the blues. How many times have you seen Joe? I have an affinity as I (unfortunately) work for that Dutch bank that’s just become part of the British empire – you’ll know who I mean. Until very recently I listened to Arrow on AM, the signal was quite strong in the south of England where I live, but now they’ve turned off the AM transmitter and are on FM only, I can’t receive it. Never mind, now I have a DAB radio I can listen to Planet Rock. That is until they are closed down – see separate thread on general forum.

I’m really looking forward to being completely Bonamassacred on Friday! big_smile

Regards
Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

Wooders wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome. It’s certainly been an eventful couple of days, what with the BBC session and the Popa Chubby debacle. I had wondered whether it was a comment like the one made by Jimmy Thackery about Jonny Lang which went along the lines of “He plays so good, I want to break his fingers”. Jonny’s record label used this comment to publicise Jonny’s album “Lie to Me” but I can’t see Joe’s label putting a sticker on his next album proclaiming “Popa Chubby wants to p***s on Joe’s grave” – lol. I must say I didn’t think Popa Chubby would need to resort to making snide comments about Joe as his playing is pretty hot too. His contribution to the Jimi Hendrix Festival Concert CD is excellent. If you haven’t got this CD, I can thoroughly recommend it.

Cathy, I’ve seen a couple of references to “ANDY” on the forums. Please excuse my ignorance, but who or what is ANDY?

Geoff, thanks for the tip. I fully intended to leave the office on time (for a change) and head to Shepherds Bush to be near the front. I doubt I’ll be first in the queue, though.

Andre, you Dutch really appreciate the blues. How many times have you seen Joe? I have an affinity as I (unfortunately) work for that Dutch bank that’s just become part of the British empire – you’ll know who I mean. Until very recently I listened to Arrow on AM, the signal was quite strong in the south of England where I live, but now they’ve turned off the AM transmitter and are on FM only, I can’t receive it. Never mind, now I have a DAB radio I can listen to Planet Rock. That is until they are closed down – see separate thread on general forum.

I’m really looking forward to being completely Bonamassacred on Friday! big_smile

Regards
Phil

Hey Phil welcome to the forums.

ANDY refers to Joe's album/song "A New Day Yesterday,"  which was originally done by those great chaps in Jethro Tull.

Good to have you aboard.

Reverend Monty

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red

Doh roll of course.

Thanks, Monty.

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

Hallo Phil

I saw Joe 12 times live so far and the highlight was that  I was, with my bonafriend Rudi, at the Rockpalast show!
I read on german TV that Joe was doing the Rockpalast TV show and that they recorded it for TV. I ordered tickets straight away and we drove to Germany , had a wonderful night, slept in the car and drove back the next day. Old hippies again!!
They broadcasted it in August and I recorded the show plus interviews, together with the other band that played that night in Satzvey; jesus Volt a bluesgroup from France.

About six months later he DVD came out, nobody knew that would happen. I asked the stagedirector from WDR if there would be a DVD but she just smiled and said she didn't know.....

Next month I see Joe in Hardenberg and the Hague and in March in Bochum Germany mkes 15 times.

Phil Maybe we can change: can you copy  the BBc 2 show on a DVD  for me so I can put it on CD with my CDrecorder , send it to me then I'll send you the original Rockpalast TV show and some more Joe DVD's.

Phil I warn you: after Friday you're live will change!! Enjoy!

Andre Wittebroek.

Wooders wrote:

Doh roll of course.

Thanks, Monty.

No problem buddy.

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red

Welcome Wooders to this wonderful forum.  Now that you've "discovered" Joe I hope you stick around and join in the fun.  Have a great time at Shepherds Bush - I was there last year (at the front, where else) but can't make it this time (sob, sob).  Be prepared to be amazed.

Welcome Wooders

You will be amazed when you hear this young man sing and play the blues. I certainly was and I look forward to my next dose of bonamedicine in Glasgow on the 28th.

Peace and Jam

millhouse:):):):):):):):):)

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Welcome Wooders. We're pretty close in age (I'm 51) and, until I saw Joe, the Allman Bros were my favorite band. I saw them 5 or 6 times, including the 1974 tour you referred to.
Glad you found Joe and the forum.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

13 (edited by Rocket 2008-02-15 20:00:51)

Hi Wooders, have a grand time and report back PLEASE!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”