Topic: Hey!

guess u already know me for all the wrong reasons................................

anyway lets just straighten out a few things.....

1 - Im not here to have a go at anyone, i do love joes music, and in my mind he is second only to Gary Moore.

2 - not heard of the word 'Naff' shame...................................

3 - I am not claiming i have a good web site, just not singing the praises of this one.

4 - Me - im 17 from Blackburn in dull lancashire. I play guitar in a band (Amplify This!), and while i play punk music with them, my number one love is the blues! (strange i know for someone my age??)

I particularly like:

Gary Moore
Joe B (thats why im here)
Setvie Ray Vaughan
Clapton
Paul Camilleri
Muddy Waters
B.B. King
Muddy Waters

And in a more rock vein:

Status Quo
Kiss
ZZ Top
Stray Cats
Thin Lizzy

anyway hope ive not left anyoutstanding grudges??? lol
see you round
chris

Re: Hey!

Welcome to the forum chris.  You seem to have rattled a few cages with your first posts but you'll find we're a fairly forgiving bunch.  Anyways, if you love JB as much as the rest of us you're in the right place, and that's all that matters - Joe Bonamasssa the man and his music. 

Hope you can catch JB live in the next few weeks - you're in for a real treat.

Thanks Chris!

How did you get to the Blues?! When I had a look at your myspace site I wondered if you listened to all the punkrock-artists first and discovered the Blues afterwards or if it was the other way round ?

Are you going to see Joe on his UK Tour?

Eva

Welcome to the forum Chris.

However, when a Mod posts a warning it is to be heeded or you won't continue with the privilege of interacting here.

Please re-read the forum "rules" by clicking the link at the top of this page.

Thanks and enjoy!

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

eva wrote:

Thanks Chris!

How did you get to the Blues?! When I had a look at your myspace site I wondered if you listened to all the punkrock-artists first and discovered the Blues afterwards or if it was the other way round ?

Are you going to see Joe on his UK Tour?

Eva

erm yeah should be sein joe in morcambe, guess i discoveres the blues after everything else, mainly through my favourite band 'STATUS QUO'!

chris

6 (edited by gsj 2008-02-05 12:18:30)

Hi Chris, good to see you're here and interacting in a positive way. Welcome aboard....we're all pretty decent people as you'll find out and you'll probably meet one or two of us at Joe's gigs. Any gear questions you have about guitars or amps....well you'll find more information from the members here than any other site I know.

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

OK Chris,  I read it all.  Good job to "Man up" and do the right about face.  Welcome to the grown folks forum.  Give us a chance and we'll give you one. 

I'm not always one of the "pretty decent people", but I'm fair.  Peace there will be.

GoodLuck
bigjeffjones

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

8 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2008-02-05 12:50:11)

Jane H. wrote:

Hi Chris, I do hope you play by the rules and hang out because i think it will benefit both you and us.
I can't say it here but there is another word i didn't know until I was like 25 or something, my husband still gets a kick out of it when he thinks about it. anyhoo the cool thing is naff isn't caught by the naughty word filter or against the rules yet.
naff
naff
naff
naff
naff
oh yeah, I have learned alot about Gary Moore from this website, specifically the fans here. before i was a Bonamassa fan the only Gary Moore song i knew was "I'm Always Gonna Love You" because thats the only one they played on the radio.
there's a pic of Joe and Gary in the photo gallery.
http://www.jbonamassa.com/photos/albums … ayall3.jpg
also if you need help navigating the site or finding info about Joe just ask and we'll help the best we can.

Jane I think you need to add BonaNaff to the BonaGlossary!

According to Wikipedia: "Naff is British slang. It has several meanings: * Something which is seen to be particularly "cheesy" or "tacky" or in otherwise poor aesthetic"

- Chris, I never met a KISS fan I didn't like.
WELCOME, and rock on with your socks on.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hello young man...As BigJeff stated elsewhere, I am the defender of the youngins, but, lets agree to mutual respect and good manners. Then we can disagree in a civil manner. There are fans here from all genres. That's the great thing about Joe's music. I can't tell you how many other artists have benefited from the posts on this site but I will guess it's many. Post away and remember you are in "Joe's House"..take your boots off before you come in!   Granny, Cathy

10 (edited by gsj 2008-02-05 17:22:51)

Yeah Jeff, you're one of the decent ones! wink

bigjeffjones wrote:

OK Chris,  I read it all.  Good job to "Man up" and do the right about face.  Welcome to the grown folks forum.  Give us a chance and we'll give you one. 

I'm not always one of the "pretty decent people", but I'm fair.  Peace there will be.

GoodLuck
bigjeffjones

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Well, thank you.  Don't let that get around.  All the local guys think I'm a half-breed gangster.  They won't let me near any of their vapid young strumpets either.

BTW Chris, if your first love really has come to be blues, I will gladly contribute to your education.  I'll take you way back so you can listen to the stuff Joe B, & Jimmy Page, Gary Moore, Rory Gallagher, Billy Gibbons, et al listened to.  You have not even scratched the surface.  Before and during Muddy himself.  Then you'll have a style after a few thousand hours of total immersion.

If you wanna be a blues slinger play in a blues band.  I had to leave my peer group behind in younger days.

OLDSCHOOL
bigjeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Hey Chris...I missed the whirlwind, best for You & Me, so I just offer a hearty welcome!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Chris, welcome to the forum and I know you mean well.  Peace Love and Understanding that's all. smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.