Topic: carl martin setting

hi everybody,
i was just wondering if any of you got an idea of a setting for a carl martin hot drive&boost
to get a nice"crunch" tone because all the settings i've tried sounded too "powerfull" or not enough to me.. so if you guys can  help me ???
thanks

Re: carl martin setting

Al wrote:

hi everybody,
i was just wondering if any of you got an idea of a setting for a carl martin hot drive&boost
to get a nice"crunch" tone because all the settings i've tried sounded too "powerfull" or not enough to me.. so if you guys can  help me ???
thanks

When Joe used the Carl Martin (he doesn't currently) he only used the boost side of the pedal- I don't think he ever turned the drive side on- all the drive is coming straight from the amps.

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

hey scott, i think i have to manage with another pedal cause i can't play that loud to  let the amp do the job!! thanks for your reply anyway.

Carl Martin HD&boost setting..  Boost  at barely 9 oclock...  Rest set it at noon..
Joe Bonamassa

thank you so very much for your quick answer joe,i 'm gonna try this right away!!! i also try to add a compressor who make the sound a bit more" powerfull" but sometimes you heard more the pick on the strings than the note but i think i won't need this compressor anymore with your trick. thanks a lot joe...... you rock!!!!
can't wait to see ya in paris...... 
take care
AL