Topic: Blues Fan in California

Hi! just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rod from Bakersfield, California. I recently attended Joe's show at B.B. Kings in New York. I saw that some of his videos had been posted on YouTube and I emailed Michael Lynch to see if he had the complete show. He suggested I post on Joe's forum and say hi.

I discovered Joe by accident. A coworker had asked me to rip some CD's to mp3's to play at work a couple of years ago and i typically save all cd's i rip on my computer as well. I was wanting to listen to something different about 8 months ago so I was browsing my music directory and noticed Joe's Cd " had to cry today". Well i listened to the title track and thought it was worth putting it on my playlist. I was amazed that I hadn't heard of Joe before and was blown away by his talent. 

Long story short - I have purchased all of his Cd's and his two DVD's and have gotten a couple of people at work, by best friend and my youngest son (21) hooked as well. I was in Orlando for a coference in October and had planed a side trip to New Your while my wife and I were on the east coast. I checked Joe's tour schedule and was elated to find he would be there the same time as we were. Needless to say, I purchased the tickets that same night.

Thanks for reading!

Re: Blues Fan in California

Welcome!  Enjoy!  Your life will never be the same.

BJJ

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Wuts up Cali.... givin you a shout out here from Sacramento....you are going to see both shows at the end of the month??.....come on... you can hang with us forum members...got at least 6 going....I'll be the ugliest of the bunch

Dave

Hey Rod, glad to see more and more new fans every day. You came all the way to New York for your Bonabaptism...awesome!! Keep posting...:)

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Hi There Buddy , Glad you made it , See what i told ya ........ You're Already invited by Those Nutters Shred JDawg Roy & Jaci to Party at a Joe Show
Do it Rod , Take Their Offer and Travel to Show on Jan 31st & Feb 1st ...... Done a Google Map Search , That's just a 1hr 45 min Drive From Bakersfield to Venues , you'll have the craziest fun night i swear

Rod Book Them Tickets   wink

............................... Michael

Sent Package Today

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Hey, thanks for the warm reception!!  I don't know if I will be able to make Joe's shows in LA. I'm working on Thrusday and Friday and my wife is working on Saturday so it makes it a little difficult to do. I am calling my son in Pasadena to see if he will go with me to the one in Santa Ana, which is about 2 1/2 hours one way from me. Had it been on the north side of LA (San franando, Pasadena, Westwood) it's about 1 1/2 drive. Having to go through LA to the other side is always a gamble as far as time is concerned.

If my son will go, I'm gonna try to get my buddy to come also, so we'll see. Hope there are still tickets available when I try.

NOW, if I had someone put the fix in for me to get to meet Joe, I might just come by myself if I can't get the others to come.  Just Hoping!!

Thanks again. If i don't get to go I'll be watching the forums for the reviews!

You don't usually need a fix from an insider to meet Joe.  He is the most gracious musician I have ever seen.  He almost always comes out to meet the fans about 30 minutes after his show ends.  I hope you get to come see the show, with your son, with your buddy or by yourself!
Welcome to the forum.
Susan