Topic: Goin down to Mississippi!

Ok,
so last night, we went to a duwayne burnside show!
we thought that the show started at 8:00 so we went and pulled up right where the band was and we had some loud tinsley ellis music goin and they kinda looked over at us and smiled and all so we went to meet them. My dad told Duwayne that I played guitar and Duwayne asked if I had my guitar with me and I did so he asked me to play something, so I played a little bit of Stevie Ray's 'Mary Had A Little Lamb'. after I was done, He was jumpin around and goin "OHH! That..That ..she play that..she Play that Stevie Ray song, That how I play!"  and I was laughin. you couldnt really understand much that he was sayin, but he was really cool. So he was like "ok, so you wanna jam tonight? you good enough to jam with me girl" and so I told him that I would be glad to. so since we were a little bit early, we went back home and got my gear and then we went back to the club and after the 1st set, he told me to set up my stuff, so i did. and then he brought me up to play. And It was soo Awesome! I mean I was playing guitar with R.L. Burnside's son! I was so amazed I just couldnt really think. so I played on about 3 or 4 songs with them and after the show he was talkin to me and callin me his little sister and all and he was like "Your a Burnside now!!" and I just couldn't think of what to say! It was soo awesome. But after that, he asked me to come to play at his club(Burnside Blues Cafe) in Mississippi!!!!!!!  he said that there is a blues festival or somethin goin on there and he wanted me to play with his band there!! I couldnt believe it! My dad and I were freaking out! Duwayne even told me that he was gonna Hook Me up and help me to get all the way to the top!!! I am soo thankful for that. I mean he was soo nice and all. So even if we have to "hobo" to Mississippi, we will be there!
I cant wait! so if anyone is down by Mississippi, then yall should come out. Duwayne is an amazing guitar player and I think alot of other blues artists are gonna be there to, so come out and enjoy the blues!!  smile smile

Peace,
sarah

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

Re: Goin down to Mississippi!

Girl, I'm friggin speachless...that could be the coolest thing I've ever heard!

You must be amazing...get us some tunes...

don't forget about us little peeps when you hit the big time smile

haha,
well they did record the show last night and they are sending me a copy of it smile

I would never ever forget you guys.

-Jimmie Vaughan

if you can't find anywhere worthy to host it, let me know and I'll host it on my band's site...

hell for $8.95 a month you can do your own site @ yahoo.com...it's soooooooooo easy....

www.sarahcole.com ...got a ring to it, yes?

hey.
that would be great!
I don't know any of the info on it yet.
Duwayne is gonna call me and tell us all the info and all like when it is and what time.
Its gonna be soo cool! I bet that David Kimbrough Jr. is gonna be there too!! (Jr. Kimbrough's son)
haha I cant wait!

thanks!

-Jimmie Vaughan

get it videotaped gurl! 

we....want...to...see...

That's something you'll want to look back on when you're famous and asking youngins to jam with you!

Have you recorded anything yet?

You should set up a myspace page. What this world needs is some new great female guitarists. smile

-Jess

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Good luck, Sarah! I just heard Duwayne Burnside on the Beale Street Caravan show on the Blues station tonight. He had that Hendrix thing going. I liked it. I sent the Caravan an e-mail before asking them to feature Joe on the show. They have over 2 million listeners a week. They told me they would look into it. I still haven't heard him on there so I sent another e-mail.

Hey yall,
Yes I have some things recorded. But they are both recorded live. One is me with a local band called Tommy Thunderfoot and the accelerators but that one isnt out yet. and the other one was from last night, they recorded the show and im on it and the guy is gonna send me a copy so It will be posted some where. I have a regualr my space page right now. But im gonna set up a musician one once I get a hold of the cds that im on! We dont have a video camera at the moment. My sister took it with her when she moved to California. We took alot of pictures from the Duwayne Burnside show, I'll post them later. And we also found that magazine that im in! It was at the door at the club last night! we got like 5.

peace,
sarah

-Jimmie Vaughan

oh here is my regular myspace page-
http://www.myspace.com/who_is_sarahc

-Jimmie Vaughan

Holy crap, Sarah!  Unfortunately, I can't be there to take pictures/videos but I sure hope someone will!  I can't wait to see & hear about what happens.

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

I wish you could be there Melissa!
At least I'll get to see ya in Ohio in just like 19 days!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!
But yeah we are gonna take alot of pictures and try to get someone to record it. smile

-Jimmie Vaughan

I got to see Burnside in Mississippi on my road trip last year.  He really can play.  I miss Mississippi a lot...I need to get back there.

Nothin But Love,
Chris

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

haha. yall are great!
you crack me up Jane!

-Jimmie Vaughan

Very cool and impressive.... way to go girl..... tear um' up!

GW

***   "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..."   ***             Ozzy Osbourne

Awsome Sarah! Good Luck...but it sounds like you don't need it.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Thanks Glen and you too Bill!
I used to dream of these things that are happening!
Im having soo much fun playing my guitar and I get money for it too!

peace,
sarah

-Jimmie Vaughan

Sarah C. wrote:

Thanks Glen and you too Bill!
I used to dream of these things that are happening!
Im having soo much fun playing my guitar and I get money for it too!

peace,
sarah

You're getting paid?! And you haven't even had a job yet!