Topic: MY FIRST POST...

Hello everyone!  I'm a relatively new JB fan... a friend of mine just turned me onto him this past spring/summer.  The Whitaker Center in Harrisburg PA is only 15 minutes from me, so when I noticed him on their schedule in August, I of course went to check him out for myself, and I was totally blown away!  Afterwards I was mad at myself for not taking my 17-year old son along (especially since he plays guitar), and I couldn't wait for Joe to come back to this area again, so a couple weeks ago I drove my son 2 hours northeast to see him at one of my favorite venues, Penn's Peak.  I have a young friend who lives right near there and I talked her into going too.  They were both SOOO glad they went... Joe definitely has 2 new fans there!

After that Penn's Peak show, I came home and registered on this forum, but I got to reading a bunch of threads and ended up falling asleep before I ever got to posting, and I'm just now getting back to it.  (I fall asleep in front of my computer all the time when I'm in my "comfy position", lol.)  I hesitate getting involved in another forum, especially one with so much activity to keep up with... but I feel it's kinda my duty as a fan, and everyone here seems so nice, and I already came across 2 people I know from elsewhere, so... here I am!

One thing I'm definitely going to do is join the Street Team... I mean I'm already telling everyone about Joe and sending them links to YouTube vids and stuff... I might as well go all the way with it!  When Joe played the Whitaker Center, he said it was the first time he'd played Harrisburg in 17 years... so I'd say this area could probably use some Bonamassafication!

I already do some Street Team work (mainly consisting of flyering for shows) for one of my favorite bands, the Pink Floyd tribute The Machine.  I'm generally not a huge fan of tribute bands, but these guys are awesome... incredible musicianship... best Floyd tribute anywhere.  My motto: "No Pink Floyd fan should ever miss a chance to see The Machine!"  (And now I'm starting to add: "And if you like blues, definitely go see Joe Bonamassa!")  I'm lucky to live in an area where, with a little driving, I'm able to average a Machine show about once a month... in fact, at Thanksgiving I saw them 3 times in 4 days, and I'm looking forward to spending New Years Eve with them at Penn's Peak too.  Any other Machine fans here?

--Vik

Re: MY FIRST POST...

Hi Vikki...I was at the Harrisburg show, sorry we didn't meet. You don't sound "new" at all but rather like you've been here for a while. Keep checking in and thanks for joining the Bonamaniacs!                                                   Cathy

TieDyeVikki wrote:

Hello everyone!  I'm a relatively new JB fan... a friend of mine just turned me onto him this past spring/summer.  The Whitaker Center in Harrisburg PA is only 15 minutes from me, so when I noticed him on their schedule in August, I of course went to check him out for myself, and I was totally blown away!  Afterwards I was mad at myself for not taking my 17-year old son along (especially since he plays guitar), and I couldn't wait for Joe to come back to this area again, so a couple weeks ago I drove my son 2 hours northeast to see him at one of my favorite venues, Penn's Peak.  I have a young friend who lives right near there and I talked her into going too.  They were both SOOO glad they went... Joe definitely has 2 new fans there!

After that Penn's Peak show, I came home and registered on this forum, but I got to reading a bunch of threads and ended up falling asleep before I ever got to posting, and I'm just now getting back to it.  (I fall asleep in front of my computer all the time when I'm in my "comfy position", lol.)  I hesitate getting involved in another forum, especially one with so much activity to keep up with... but I feel it's kinda my duty as a fan, and everyone here seems so nice, and I already came across 2 people I know from elsewhere, so... here I am!

One thing I'm definitely going to do is join the Street Team... I mean I'm already telling everyone about Joe and sending them links to YouTube vids and stuff... I might as well go all the way with it!  When Joe played the Whitaker Center, he said it was the first time he'd played Harrisburg in 17 years... so I'd say this area could probably use some Bonamassafication!

I already do some Street Team work (mainly consisting of flyering for shows) for one of my favorite bands, the Pink Floyd tribute The Machine.  I'm generally not a huge fan of tribute bands, but these guys are awesome... incredible musicianship... best Floyd tribute anywhere.  My motto: "No Pink Floyd fan should ever miss a chance to see The Machine!"  (And now I'm starting to add: "And if you like blues, definitely go see Joe Bonamassa!")  I'm lucky to live in an area where, with a little driving, I'm able to average a Machine show about once a month... in fact, at Thanksgiving I saw them 3 times in 4 days, and I'm looking forward to spending New Years Eve with them at Penn's Peak too.  Any other Machine fans here?

--Vik

Welcome To Bonamassa Land another new friend has arrived

Peace
Bluezman

I got blisters on my bloody fingers (JL)

Hey Vikki,
Welcome to the forum! Glad you've been bitten by the "Joe" bug. It is without a doubt the best kind of flu to catch...you'll never want to get well.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome Vicki to the forum and glad you joined the Street Team.  That is one of the best ways to spread the word about Joe to others!  Seeing Joe live is a treat indeed and that is great you got to see him twice in your area.  Driving a couple of hours is certainly worth it...

Music is good for the Soul...

Hi Vikki,
Welcome to the world of Joe Bonamassa music. My entire family are Pink Floyd fans and we LOVE The Machine!!! This past Thansgiving Firdiay is the first show I've missed in 3 years, I'm assuming you were at the Keswick.  Did you buy the DVD they made last year there?  If so, how is it?  If you head back to the Keswick in May for The Machine, let me know!

Make sure you read this post...the fan mentioned is probably you! smile
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4119

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Angela wrote:

Hi Vikki,
Welcome to the world of Joe Bonamassa music. My entire family are Pink Floyd fans and we LOVE The Machine!!! This past Thansgiving Firdiay is the first show I've missed in 3 years, I'm assuming you were at the Keswick.  Did you buy the DVD they made last year there?  If so, how is it?  If you head back to the Keswick in May for The Machine, let me know!

Make sure you read this post...the fan mentioned is probably you! smile
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4119

Yup, that was me!  I'll be posting in that thread then...

And thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!

--Vik

Hi from across the pond....and welcome.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Hi Vicki, welcome
You gave me an idea I'd like to see...a Joe Bonamassa Tie Dye T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

Hi Vicki, welcome
You gave me an idea I'd like to see...a Joe Bonamassa Tie Dye T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big_smile YES!!  That's part of the reason I didn't buy a JB t-shirt... I know I'd rarely wear it because it's not tie-dye.  I have the same problem with The Machine... as much as I love them and want to advertise for them, I really don't end up wearing my t-shirt unless I'm flyering.  I don't know why, but just I love tie-dye, and that's basically all I wear... I own 2 dresser drawers full of them, all colors and styles... I'd love to add a JB (and a Machine) tie-dye to my collection!

--Vik cool

Hi Vicki! Welcome in. I'm new to the forum myself, and already I'm getting lots of warm greetings. It's pretty cool. Glad to see you "found" Joe. I joined the street team as well and it's great! I've gotten video clips emailed to me and it's always fun to see them in your mail. Welcome aboard!!     Dave

Travellin' South, ...............On my way back home!