Topic: intro to shaggy

hello iam new to the joe bonamassa scene and feel guilty about it. I listen to alot of blues and seen most people i want to see like buddy guy,bb king, ronie earl, coco montoya, luther johnson,kws,johnny lang.eric sardinas,johnny winter, walter trout,jerry portnoy.but never heard of joe this is why i feel guilty the man plays with so much feeling and heart. and is the best gutarist i ve ever scene.he is now my #1 player and cant wait to see again and again .

Re: intro to shaggy

Wow, that is an impressive list of musicians!  I have to agree with your ranking of Joe, he is the best in my book too.
So how did you finally hear about him?  I love to read about how an individual was introduced to Joe.  Where are you located?  USA or abroad?
Sounds like Joe is taking Europe by storm, he mentioned Wednesday that his tour for 2008 over there is pretty much sold out!  said there were a few tickets in a couple venues still available.   But what a testoment to his talent!

Shaggy..That list proves you have good taste. Don't worry. We all have said we thought we knew what was out there..then comes Joe and you wonder how in the h*ll you hadn't heard of him earlier. All that matters now is that you found your way here.....All Bonamaniacs!!! Cathy         Stark..Europe has been ahead of us in their appreciation for Joe for a long time...In turn, he appreciates them!! Well, no need to try to go there if they're already sold out. I'll have to wait for my next US turn..DANG!!!                 Cathy

shaggy wrote:

hello iam new to the joe bonamassa scene and feel guilty about it. I listen to alot of blues and seen most people i want to see like buddy guy,bb king, ronie earl, coco montoya, luther johnson,kws,johnny lang.eric sardinas,johnny winter, walter trout,jerry portnoy.but never heard of joe this is why i feel guilty the man plays with so much feeling and heart. and is the best gutarist i ve ever scene.he is now my #1 player and cant wait to see again and again .

Shaggy,
Welcome to the forum, home to the greatest guitar slinger on the planet. I am almost speechless at your post, because you have said it all!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

5 (edited by starks5867 2007-11-23 20:16:41)

cathysiler wrote:

Stark..Europe has been ahead of us in their appreciation for Joe for a long time...In turn, he appreciates them!! Well, no need to try to go there if they're already sold out. I'll have to wait for my next US turn..DANG!!!                 Cathy

Cathy,
I think he mentioned a few tickets left at Shepards Bush in London...........now that would be a cool trip!!  London and Joe..................
Susan

Hallo Cathy,

Joe mentioned that his European tour 2008 is nearly sold out. What I think is strange;  the Tourdates on this site only go till March the first, it is actualiized( good word) today. Did Joe mean only the Britisg shows?
In march there are 5 shows in Holland and what about the rest of Europe?
I have my tickets already in the house.

I think there ars still tickets for some shows in Holland, so Cathy what are you waiting for???? It will be sold out in a few weeks like all Joe shows the last years.
He's getting bigger everyday in Europe, and it is true; we were the first in general who recognised Joe incredable talent, like we did with Frank Zappa, Little Feat, U2, the Eagles, David Bowie etc .
Most music that comes from overseas is Rap-crap. You have topmusic in the USA but it's not on the radio normally, but we have very good music programs who play that kind of music Rockpalast is an example.
Just recorded the Johnny Winter show from 1982 on DVD. They showed it again a few weeks ago. Anyone interested? It's not for sale as far as I know.

Cathy you're welcome overhere!!

And Shaggy welcome to the world and music and fans of Joe and the better music. Have a nice time on the board!

Andre Wittebroek.