Topic: Hello Everyone!!

Hello all. Short time Joe listener, but I have become a big, big fan. I've cut my guitar "teeth", so to speak, on Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, George Lynch, John Sykes and a plethora of other '80's metal players. Moved on to the likes of Zakk Wylde, and he continues to amaze me as a musician and a player (though, I admit, he has staled on me lately). But in recent years, it has been blues players. Stevie, Eric, and Gary Moore have really had a huge inpact on my life in the past few. But then, someone said to me, "have you ever heard of Joe Bonamassa?". Sure, I've heard the name, but never really heard the playing. Then, all hell broke loose.....................

Not even sure which song I heard first. But it doesn't matter. Players like Joe don't come around very often. Not even really sure what to say that hasn't already been said.

Man 'o man, what an inspiration you are Joe Bonamassa. Thank you.

2 (edited by it's_all_about_apples 2007-11-19 23:16:15)

Re: Hello Everyone!!

Hi, welcome to the forum!! Have you seen Joe recently? We've had several new Bonaconverts join up after seeing him these past weeks. smile Post often

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Have yet to see Joe live, but I can't wait for the opportunity. The live clips here on the site and the clips I've seen on YouTube make the anticipation almost to much to handle. Definately something I'm looking forward to.

Welcome Blues Alive,
Whoo-hoo another guitarist!  Be sure to check out the Theory/Techniques thread under General Topics.  It has some great information for guitarists of all levels.   Add your own stuff too.

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Hey Blues Alive,
      Hello !   Welcome to Joe's world smile  Kick off your shoes, grab a cup of joe, and stay awhile.  Joe is one amazing guitarist and vocalist.  He just happens to be a great guy, too!
                                                                      pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hello-

Whatever you have to do, get to see Joe live ASAP.  If you think he's an incredible player, wait until you see what kind of performer he is!!!  Oh, and with all that talent, he's a genuinely good person.  What an ususual combination. 

Did I mention that you've got to see Joe live??  I may be a bit overboard, but I've taken in 8 shows since June and loved every one.

Enjoy,
Rob

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

Welcome to the world of Joe!!

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Hi Blues Alive and welcome to the forum! Glad you found Joe...I know it sounds like a broken record but, you MUST get to a show! Magic happens! It doesn't hurt that this band is as nice as they are talented..Hard to find black marks..So, get every CD and DVD, watch the youtube clips and rob the piggybank to fund a trip!   Cathy

9 (edited by Rocket 2007-11-20 14:10:26)

Blues Alive wrote:

Hello all. Short time Joe listener, but I have become a big, big fan. I've cut my guitar "teeth", so to speak, on Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, George Lynch, John Sykes and a plethora of other '80's metal players. Moved on to the likes of Zakk Wylde, and he continues to amaze me as a musician and a player (though, I admit, he has staled on me lately). But in recent years, it has been blues players. Stevie, Eric, and Gary Moore have really had a huge inpact on my life in the past few. But then, someone said to me, "have you ever heard of Joe Bonamassa?". Sure, I've heard the name, but never really heard the playing. Then, all hell broke loose.....................

Not even sure which song I heard first. But it doesn't matter. Players like Joe don't come around very often. Not even really sure what to say that hasn't already been said.

Man 'o man, what an inspiration you are Joe Bonamassa. Thank you.

A nicely stated testimonial if I ever heard one! cool I think you may have the GPS coordinates way off on that broken dam, but...Welcome Blues "ALIVE", he cried!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Blues Alive,
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you've been "bitten" by the Joe bug, just like the rest of us.
And the truth shall set you free!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Well, I want to thank all for the kind messages and the welcomes. Seems to be a great forum full of great fans for a GREAT guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter. Looking forward to the ride!!

Welcome to the forum!

It's about time you found JB, he is like no other! If you haven't viewed the North Sea Jazz fest videos, take a look!

http://72.167.28.71/

Some great filming, I'm still wishing for a DVD! wink

See ya around,

-Bill

Welcome from a big Joe fan from Holland! Have a nice time on the board, like we all have.

Just see him live, you will never forget, that tone, that sound...

Andre Wittebroek.