Topic: Ram's Head Live 11/14

Another STELLAR show. Crosby Loggins was fun. He had an electric fiddle player that also sang. He's funny too..said he was the son of David Crosby and Melissa Ethridge. Then Joe and the boys took the stage. They're so tight now, and seemed to have a good time. The songs that were not in the set list tonight were...If Heartaches Were Nickels, Ball Peen Hammer, Los Endos and Miss You Hate You, due to 3 acts..Then Sam Bush. He was great but I think he should have been on before Joe. The place thinned out ALOT after Joe's set. But he did get people up and dancing....Thank you Joe for everything, and especially for your kindness to my nephew...hope you like the book..it's the very 1st copy. Thanks to all the band. I know we're a bunch of dorks, but you guys always take time to speak to us and I can't tell you how much that means!!!! Now, post the next US tour dates so I can start planning!!                              Cathy

Re: Ram's Head Live 11/14

As always, a "leave it all on the field" performance by Joe, Carmine, Rick and Bogie.  It was shorter than usual because of 3 acts, but it was intense.  There were way too many people talking, but what can you do?  Joe played his normal "shushing" game with the crowd.

After having endured a family tragedy nearly 2 weeks ago, this was my first night out and I can't think of anywhere better to have spent it.  I want to thank Cathy so very much for seeing to it that we had great seats waiting and for being supportive of my mother and me. 

I also want to thank Joe, Carmine and Rick who all had nice words to say.  I owe Joe an apology.  He was trying to hide near the backstage entrance to listen to Sam Bush.  I saw him, went over, and Joe was instantly mobbed by the adoring masses.   

Speaking of Sam Bush, I must admit I never thought I'd hear Jammin'/Master Blaster from a Bluegrass musician.  What I heard was outstanding.  I had to leave early as it was a work night, but I am looking forward to seeing the whole show on Saturday @ Penn's Peak.

Cathy--thanks a million.
Joe--sorry I spotted you; I hope you got a chance to catch some of Sam's performance.

B-More Bonamaniac

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

Hey Rob..Glad your Mom and you got to have some Joe therapy...Your brother passed way too young. Let your Mom know the Bonamaniacs feel her pain (and sorrow). Keep finding those happy moments and we'll have another Joe experience as soon as possible. Cathy

I keep forgetting to thank Jane...She had a turquoise and silver braclet made for me that spells out Bonametal...Thanks so much Jane, the original Bonametal...it was very thoughtful.....Cathy

Sounds like a good lineup with Crosby, Sam and Joe.  Interesting reading everybodies reviews, glad you had a great time, wished we could have been there with Cathy and Jane and others...

Music is good for the Soul...

The show was amazing.  I was sitting second row just left of his mic stand...his main solo area. It was great. I was pleasantly surprised to see he was playing before Sam Bush.  Nothing against Sam he is amazing but I came to see Joe and had a LONG drive home.

If you havent seen Joe and you are reading thru these there is nothing anyone can say to give his shows any justice. GO SEE HIM.  Its that simple. Its worth what ever the cost. Go see him. 

On a side note... Joe if you are done with your Van Weelden as I saw it wasnt in the mix I'd love to give it some use.

-Jeremy Galvan

speaking of Bonabaptisms - I took my son for his first exposure.  He was , no surprize, blown away.   We too had a long drive home, and an early day thursday, so for that reason I  was glad (and surprized) that Joe went first.  I was a bit disappointed by the need to shorten the set list.  IF he had gone second, he may have been able to play on a bit.  Still, every tune was awesome. 

I must say that I thought that the acoustics were mediocre.  I was sitting right infornt of the mixing board, so it wasn't just where I was.  I was looking forward to a venue with more ambiance than Ramshead on stage, or the performing arts center in rockville, but am not sure now.  The sound was inferior to those venues, and the crowd much ruder.  But, I wouldn't have missed it.  Hope you can come back to the area soon Joe!

Dave

"The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began."

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, but I've visited before.

I came to the Rams Head show, and I was disappointed that Joe's set was cut short.  I was really looking forward to Bogie's solo and Bell Peen Hammer.  This is my fifth Joe show, third with the new band.  I also was lucky enough to see Joe at Montgomery College a month ago where he had a full set, and then some.

I thought the acoustics at Rams Head were really good.  I've seen four shows there over the last three months, and all have sounded exceptional, from very different locations.  For this show I was second row, roughly four seats from the center.  I was very pleased with the acoustics from there.  I believe Rams Head sounds much better than the 9:30 club and Sonar (for you DC folks).

Anyways, here's the set list I was able to remember:
Bridge to Better Days
Walk in my Shadows
So Many Roads
Mountain Time
Another Kind of Love
Sloe Gin
High water everywhere
Woke Up Dreaming
Just Got Paid
Led Zep songs
Asking Around

Joe put on a good show for sure, and the band seems to be progressing nicely.  I just wish they didn't cut out Bogie's solo.  I'm no drum player, but his solos are so intense and precise.  Granted, they are similar from show to show, but they are one of my favorite parts of the shows, and I was looking forward to being so close to the stage and his solo.

Welcome to blue heron and 95maxrider..thanks for posting. I was front row L and thought the sound was great..Had family and friends front R who had the same experience. I only noticed ALL the chatter in the back during the quiet parts! But I saw Zappa does Zappa center balconey and that was wonderful. I got to look down over the sound boards..it was wild...wish I could have seen the mixing board during this show!...Cathy

This was my FIRST Bonamassa show.  I WAS BLOWN AWAY.  I have been a fan for some time now and to hear it live is like nothing else.  Aural bliss!  When he came out with Bridge to Better Days...I was in heaven.  I play guitar and I felt like going home and selling my gear...lol.  Actually I was inspired to learn more, play more, listen more.  I will see Joe anytime he's within my range. 

Joe...I need some advice with my marshall dsl 100 and nobody will help haha!!!

anyway, great show JB...Baltimore loves ya!

That is some classic shssing Jane.