Re: Joe, Rick, Bogie, Carmine and LD Miller Rock The HOB's Chicago!!!

joebeacon wrote:

hob , chicago , nov 1, 2007 is up on dime if anyone wants to down load it ..........joe

Thank you, thank you, thank you, joe. I'm so glad this got recorded. I just wish there was video to go with it.

If you download no other show, download this one. It was one for the ages. smile

I'm just saying.

It appears that the show on Dime (so far) is the HOB in Cleveland show from Thursday night, not Chicago's on Friday.  I HOPE someone recorded it as I'd love to hear You Upset Me with LD.  Thanks for the great reviews...

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

CarljMD wrote:

It appears that the show on Dime (so far) is the HOB in Cleveland show from Thursday night, not Chicago's on Friday.  I HOPE someone recorded it as I'd love to hear You Upset Me with LD.  Thanks for the great reviews...

CarljMD

There's been so much talk about a new live cd that would be selections from various shows on this tour, I gotta believe that a few of the songs from this show would be included, special consideration to those with LD.
I'm a wishin' and a hopin'.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

greetings from olathe KS!  i saw the house of blues show. i was there with my great friend MISTER LEE! that was a FANTASTIC SHOW! i only hope to hear a recording of it some day! that miller kid is  AMAZING! i got a kick out of seeing joe giggling in amazment in the background when L.D.  was taking a solo!

anyway, maby mister lee and i will see some of you at the K.C. show this friday!!!

First of all, I won't dispute what others have said as to how great this show was. It was a great show for sure, but due to circumstances we encountered that day - needing to leave home a couple hours later than hoped for; having to stop to check a potentially serious car problem; running into ridiculous traffic on the outskirts of Chicago; losing a contact lens when we finally made it to the HOB - we ended up in a location that didn't have the optimum sound or view. But it was interesting seeing the show from the balcony level where you could see more of what goes on "behind the scene" so to speak, and also check out the crowd reactions. L.D was great and it was very gracious of Joe to allow him to share the spotlight for a while, but frequently the guest performer will get the biggest crowd reaction and it seemed like that was the case this night. I don't think it bothered Joe - I'm sure when he was L.D.'s age or younger he "stole the show" his share of times. It was some serious fun watching Joe and L.D. doing a little playful instrumental "dueling"!
Like Nancy said, the intro to "Django" is so amazing (Jeff Beck would be impressed), perhaps equaling in my mind the intro to "Mountain Time", which is always a highlight. I also love the "violin effect" part added to the "Just Got Paid" solo. The little snippet of The Beatles "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" during "If Heartaches Were Nickels" was pretty clever as well.
It was nice meeting a few new forum members - Jon (cool shirt!), misterlee and his friend Vince, and last, but certainly not least, Steve.

Lee,

I don't think the crowd reaction was just because LD was a guest. The kid is JUST THAT GOOD. There's something about the way he plays that just gets a body fired up!

We talked to LD a bit after the show. He claims he never practices, that it just comes naturally, but I suspect that because he plays so much with his family's band he doesn't have to practice. He also mentioned something about "working on a record" with Joe. I don't know what that means but I sincerely hope this will be next act that Joe signs to his record label. Did you know LD sings as well? He's quite good and will get better as his voice matures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmSZVe62A2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dSL_xEadIE

I too like the little touch of Sergeant Pepper Joe's throwing into the mix on Heartaches. It's those "throwaway" snippets of songs you know (and may have to search your memory banks to recall) that make each show such a treat.

I'm just saying.

I think everyone here wrote it out really well, so all I wanted to say was that I was at the show, too, and it was by far the best show of Joe's I have ever (personally) seen-

INCREDIBLE-

I took my BF to see him that night, and he was completely blown away.... and can you believe it? 32 years old and it was his first concert ever?! And what a first show to see! I told him it was all downhill from here, I almost apologized- LOL- I mean how can anything else compare to what Joe layed down last Friday?

It's days later, and we're STILL talking about it.. Joe was absolutely amazing to watch- every time I see him, I'm STILL blown away-

Sorry I missed seeing everyone, I got in close to show time, and left right after because of a train to catch....

A.J. wrote:

I think everyone here wrote it out really well, so all I wanted to say was that I was at the show, too, and it was by far the best show of Joe's I have ever (personally) seen-

INCREDIBLE-

I took my BF to see him that night, and he was completely blown away.... and can you believe it? 32 years old and it was his first concert ever?! And what a first show to see! I told him it was all downhill from here, I almost apologized- LOL- I mean how can anything else compare to what Joe layed down last Friday?

It's days later, and we're STILL talking about it.. Joe was absolutely amazing to watch- every time I see him, I'm STILL blown away-

Sorry I missed seeing everyone, I got in close to show time, and left right after because of a train to catch....

AJ,
Sorry we missed you. We had room in our car and could have offered you and the BF a ride to Cary. We wound up having a nightcap in the restaurant before heading home (my wife was designated driver).
Haven't seen you here for a bit. Glad you got to see the show...I agree that it was great, definitely in the top 3 Joe shows for me (I think Saturday was either 20 or 21).

Hey Bill-

Yeah, I know I've been away for a while, it's been a crazy year or so... going through the divorce, going to school, starting work again, taking  care of 3 kids solo, and tackling all the other day to day things that seem to get piled up over time kind of kept me from being active on the message board - but no worries, all is well and things are getting much better again smile

I still can't believe how great Friday night's show was... it's been I think a year and a half since I've seen Joe- WAY TOO LONG!! My last show was the Raue Theater here in Crystal Lake when Mark was still playing with him (May of '06??) I know you were there-

It's amazing to me how great his new lineup is- and I've been waiting for him to include a keyboard player for like 3 years, so I was really happy to see that. And L.D. was fantastic! Funny, before the show I was talking to the BF and a couple who were sitting with us about L.D., tellig them how much Joe loves him and how he included him on his album, etc... how this kid could give John Popper a run for his money, blah blah blah and I had NO idea he was actually THERE! So it was a great surprise.

I was sitting at a table with ALL Bonavirgins, so it was really fun to see the jaws drop over and over again, I remember telling them that if they liked what they saw so far, then Joe would KILL them with his acoustic playing... then he brought out the Acoustic and when he did Woke Up Dreaming I don't think they even blinked! They just kept looking over at me, while I mouthed the words, "I KNOW, I KNOW!!!"

It was awesome....

I really missed seeing all of you guys, I knew you were all there and wish I could have stayed longer- next time, I promise!!

Yes, and I promise to pop up on the board from now on wink........

AJ,
Glad things are calming down for you. It sounds like a rough stretch you were in.
It's great to see you back here. I actually had a similar experience at HOB's. I got there early (because I work downtown) and had a burger at the bar. I started talking with a guy sitting next to me. He was visiting from Cincinnati and just stopped over with the hope of hearing some music instead of watching TV in his hotel room. As we talked about music, I found out he was a harmonica player. So I'm telling him about LD and he seemed very interested. Anyway, I had an extra ticket so I asked him if he wanted to see the show (it was sold out). He jumped at the chance and then LD shows up. It was awesome. Talking to this fellow after the show, he made the same comparison to John Popper even down to saying LD played the same harmonica (?).

The last Raue show was indeed May 2006 (my singing debut, lol). I'm not sure if Joe has outgrown Raue Center, but the theaters are definitely getting larger.

Welcome back,
Bill

That sounds like an incredible show.  I would love to see L.D. Miller play with Joe.  One of these days  I'm going to have to make that happen. 

Meanwhile, I only have 3.5 weeks before it's my turn to see Joe and the band in Tampa and then Orlando.  Reading these reviews is really getting me excited.

Counting the days,

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"