Topic: Joe, Rick, Bogie, Carmine and LD Miller Rock The HOB's Chicago!!!

This outstanding group of musicians continues to outdo themselves every time I see them. Tonight was no exception. In fact, there was a point this evening where I actually thought "this is my highlight of the year for 2007".
The House of Blues Chicago is a beautiful venue with ornate balconies that ring in close proximity to the stage. There is not a bad seat in the house. Although the main floor is typically without seats, tonight's performance had rows of folding chairs set up from front to back. There were no fans standing at the stage. As I understand, this is very unusual and was done at Joe's request. I have no idea how many people HOB's holds, but the venue was sold out.
This place seemed to be made for Joe. Acoustics were great and there was a very intimate feel to the place. Joe's playing was superb and his vocals were clear and powerful. Rick, Carmine and Bogie were a treat to watch and listen to.
The crowd was treated to a wonderful surprise when LD Miller came out towards the end and accompanied Joe on You Upset Me and Asking Around for You. What a talent and only 14 years old! That boy has a bright future ahead of him.
Here's the setlist, as far as I can recall:
Bridge to Better Days
Walk in My Shadow
So Many Roads
Mountain Time
Another Kind of Love
Sloe Gin
High Water Everywhere
If Heartaches were Nickels
Woke Up Dreaming
Django
Just Got Paid
You Upset Me (w/LD Miller)
Asking Around for You (w/LD Miller)
Miss You, Hate You

HOB's booted us out within ten minutes of the show ending. I wanted to hang around to soak it in a bit more. I would have loved to let Joe and the guys know how good they were tonight. Joe, if you read this, thanks for a great show!!
Nice to finally meet Roy, Dawn, Steve, misterlee, Jon & Penny. Great to see Nancy and Lee again. I'm, probably leaving someone out, but it is after3 AM...maybe I can proof this after some sleep.
Goodnight all!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: Joe, Rick, Bogie, Carmine and LD Miller Rock The HOB's Chicago!!!

It's now 4:15 am and I see I missed it again.....major pouting here in Iowa  sad sad sad

P.S.  Thanks for the great review Bill. Wish I could have been there with you guys!

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Holy mother of god, that was the best show I've ever seen.

I'm just saying.

4 (edited by misterlee 2007-11-03 07:50:15)

Perhaps one of the best shows I have ever been too, I was totally knocked out by LD! The enjoyment on Joe's face was really something special you could see he was enjoying it immensely (maybe more than the crowd). So nice to meet BluesMan and The one who must be obeyed :-), Bill S, #1JBFan, and Lee (I apologize if I missed anyone, you all were such great people!)

Joe spoke about how he had played downstairs many many many times and that it was a dream come true to play the music hall. He said they were referring to the day as a "manifest destiny" day.

The thing I am amazed by is after all the shows Joe, Band and crew have played this year they all seemed to  still be enjoying themselves, you can just tell by looking at their facial expressions. You really feel like you are involved in something special every time you go to a Joe show.

Patty, Photgal, Shred and Mrs. Shred I wish you could have been there, Photogal I will see you next week in St. Louis...

Michael and I just spoke to Roy. Can you spell FIRED UP?! I'm so glad you all got together and that the show was everyone's (including the band) dream come true. The fun's not over yet! Thanks to all for the reports.    Cathy

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

It's now 4:15 am and I see I missed it again.....major pouting here in Iowa  sad sad sad

P.S.  Thanks for the great review Bill. Wish I could have been there with you guys!

Patty,
I thought of you as soon as that song broke out. Wishing you coulda been there.

And i thought the Elgin IL show 5-5 2007 was the best. OH MY GOD THIS WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!
This was the SHOW OF ALL SHOWS. WWWWWOOOOWWWWW!!! 

Its hard for me to say but i just can't beleive that  Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick can get any better than tonight. It was not just the future BONAMANIACS with there mouths down to there knees.  I looked over at the BluesMan and Nancy and they too "Had the look" smile   

I am so thankful that in August of 2006 my girls gave me the ticket to B B King show at the Fraze in Ohio and that Joe Bonamassa was the opening act.  I was amazed then and AWESTRUCK NOW. This band ROCKS!!!

Carmine and Rick You guys make it happen.  Bogie  I have seen some GREAT DRUMMERS in my 49 years but, you my man our BLOWING PEOPLE AWAY!!!!  And Joe to have you playing 6 feet away is a dream come true.  Man you kick A..   Nancy, BluesMan how good were those seats?  L D Miller you have one he.. of a future ahead of you my man. I have to tell you that MR Joe Bonamassa had his mouth down to his knee look smile  And we did to. 

Crosby Loggins  you are one heck of a guy. Man you are so friendly and really down to earth.  I enjoyed the song MARCH ON AMERICA and will listen to your CD sometime this weekend.  Also thanks for signing it and i am sorry for shaking your hand so many times but i get caught up in the moment.  Also, want to say thanks to the bands crew for an outstanding job and the hours you guys put in, a SUPER JOB AND WELL DONE to all of you.  Finally it was with great pleasure to meet Capt. Roy, Dawn, Bill S., Misterlee, Nancy and husband and lee, and i am sorry if i am leaving  some one out. Thank you all!  Jon & Penny

Dawn (The One Who Must Be Obeyed):  It was great meeting you, I enjoyed our conversations, you really know whats up and we are on the same page!!!  Hope we get to see each other again sometime!!  Penny

Hmmm, just wundering, anyone see pros filming the show from different angles, you know the rumours of this have been around for sometime.

Shred

No filming was happening. Anyone see a mobile truck for audio?

misterlee wrote:

Thanks my brother, oh I forgot to mention it was cool to meet your cousins, please tell them, I said hello!

Shred

misterlee wrote:

My wife and a few friends were in the first balcony. My daughter and I and two other friends were on the main floor. According to my wife, the screens they have in the HOB's were showing the live video of the show...she mentioned it because at certain camera angles, she kept seeing me and my daughter on screen.
I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to actually record that footage if desired.

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

dont be sad.  although this was a great show i have to say the redstone room show was simply lights out amazing so if i had a gun to my head to say which was better id say redstone.  this one was fun as hell though.  got to see you upset me baby.  awesome!  ld miller.  holy !@#$!!!!  that kid is a madman on the harmonica, the best i have ever heard wow he just wailed.  what a well deserved he got.  sorry i didnt get to meet anyone, but i got there after the opener had started and they wouldnt let you into the seated area without proper ticket.  i love mountain time it is so different every time i see it.  so amazing.glad to see miss you hate you again too.  and joe using the f-word!  man i was shocked i was laughin.  he seemed to be really enjoying himself at this show.  woke up dreaming i must say to me is the highlight of his live set.  it is probably the most impressive thing i haave ever seen one single man do on a stage in my entire life.  great show

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

I had "the look", no doubt. Joy, amazement, bliss. I found myself laughing at several points just from the elation of being, literally, 3 feet away from Joe while he was doing the most mind-blowing solos I've ever heard him do and getting to watch them as if he was playing just for me. As Lee mentioned, this HOB show was very special to Joe and you could tell he was pulling out all the stops.

High points....the opening to Mountain Time (the raga sound is coming along nicely, Joe), the opening to Django that was so incredibly beautiful and of course You Upset Me Baby and Asking Around with LD *absolutely unbelievable* Miller. I hope to god Joe tours with him at some point. He just brought down the house. The hubby and I ran into LD at the valet stand after the show and talked a bit. What a sweet kid. Absolutely adorable.

It was great seeing everyone, especially Roy, Dawn and Bill. I'm looking forward to tonight.

I'm just saying.

Fan-tastic reviews everyone! Excitement which transfered to written words, and is still probably insufficient to the actual experience if you were there, but is embraced warmly by poor pouting Patty & those of us not there...
Obviously one which went down very well on all fronts.

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

hob , chicago , nov 1, 2007 is up on dime if anyone wants to down load it ..........joe

Make sure you check out the Emens Auditorium post by Donna as LD's Mom just posted there with some information.  How cool is that?    cool

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Thanks for the post Roy and love the picture of you & Ben with Joe.  Joe, love the stocking hat!  At least with the time change Roy, you'll get an extra hour of shut-eye. Night-night, don't let the bedbugs bite........sssshhh.....Roy is sleeping  wink         p.l.j.

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Sounds like an awesome show.  Great setlist of course.  Roy, glad you guys got to meet Joe...

Music is good for the Soul...