Topic: HOB Cleveland

Hey Mellissa and Dean,

Will you be at the HOB Thursday night?...Are we sold out?...

The Othe Joe B.

2 (edited by Dean 2007-11-01 15:11:29)

Re: HOB Cleveland

Bizzer wrote:

Hey Mellissa and Dean,

Will you be at the HOB Thursday night?...Are we sold out?...

The Othe Joe B.

We will be at the show with Nico, but I don't know at this time that the show is sold out.  I only know that there are only GA tickets left for the show.

Dean

I'll be 4th row center with a Street Team T.  See Y'all there!

Craig's Guitar Tech Resource - free information online.
Guitar Repair and Customization in Northeast Ohio since 1979.

http://www.guitartechcraig.com

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!  Especially tonight, have fun Ya'll

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Joe and the band were great as usual last night. If you weren't there, you missed a great show. There was something new after the show, you needed to have a "After Show" sticker in able to be allowed to stay around and wait for Joe to come out and say hello and sign autographs. I don't know where these stickers come from. I asked a security guard, he told me "they come from the band". There were a number of people without stickers that stayed after the show and  before Joe ever came out, the security people told us that if you did not have a sticker, you had to leave. I never got an answer as to where you get a sticker. Nor was it ever mentioned that you would need one before the show. As a Street Team member, I thought one of the things we get to do is hang around and get a chance to say hello to Joe after the show. I don't know where this sticker thing comes from, but I doubt it is from the band. I plan to call the HOB today and see what I can find out. Being a street team member and working hard to spread the word about how great Joe Bonamassa is, and being a huge fan should get you some value in getting to met the band and say how much you enjoyed the show. I hope someone can post up as to how you get these stickers for future shows.

I just got off the phone with the HOB in Cleveland. I was told that the "After Show" stickers DO get "awarded" by the band. The band members provide a guest list to the HOB and that is how it all happens. The question I have now is how do you get on the list? How is the band going to know who is coming to the event?  I know I do not have any contact method to Joe before a show, I 'd love to send him an email and say " hey Joe, I'll be at the show, sure would like to see you after the show and say hello" but I have no way to do that.

Hi, ohiorick.  I have responded to your post by email.  Thanks!

Melissa

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Melissa wrote:

Hi, ohiorick.  I have responded to your post by email.  Thanks!

Melissa

Thanks Melissa.

To clarify, the after-show stickers were HOB-generated & implemented; HOB gave them to those who were on the guest lists--band/crew's list, as well as local radio's list.  Those who were given one at the will-call window before the show as they checked in were permitted to remain near the stage after the show, as security cleared the general crowd out.

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Is this going to be the policy in Chicago and if so how can Street Team members get one?

I've been worried that Joe will stop coming out to meet fans after shows. As the venues get bigger I can see security becoming a problem. After the incident with the fan grabbing Joe a few weeks ago is this "feature" of a Joe show going away? I hope not but I fear it's inevitable.

I'm just saying.

I hung around after, met Joe and didn't have/need a sticker.

Vette335 wrote:

I hung around after, met Joe and didn't have/need a sticker.

What show? Was it at the HOB?

I was at the HOB in cleveland, and did not have a sticker or pass, and they let me and my daughter both stay.  We got to say hi to Joe and the band.
That's a shame that you couldn't stay.  I have been to a couple concerts where they are trying to clear everyone out, I just smile say ok, look like I'm leaving then circle back around!  I think they just want to get to cleaning. 
Good luck to you next time!