Topic: Hey all!!!

My name is Jamm, I'm a guitarist/singer/songwriter for the band Lovechile in Honolulu.  Just wanted to say (cliché of course) ALOHA!! To all of ya fellow Joe fans on here smile  Several years ago Joe came down here to perform, he opened for Buddy Guy.  To this day, I'm kickin' myself, because I was living in California at the time, but my bandmates saw the show and always rave about it like it was just yesterday.  So Joe, if you're readin' this, please make Honolulu a stop on the tour!!!  We love ya down here!!  Well, talk with y'alls on the boards!  big_smile

Re: Hey all!!!

ALOHA Jamm....Keep kicking yourself..lol..I suggest you plan a trip to Ca. for a show if Hawaii doesn't get added. A little "mainland" won't hurt! Joe says he's from L.A. now. There are some BIG fans in Ca. and they're all a little crazy. That means fun! Until then, cruise around the threads here for many Joe recording links/sources.....Thanks for jumping in..Cathy

3 (edited by dragster 2007-10-29 07:38:22)

Well ALOHA from me too jamm!!! Welcome to this really col place...you'll love it! The closest I ever got to Hawaii was Samoa smile....I hope to visit your beautiful islands one day though....as soon as I get back home to Australia from the EU! smile
LONG LIVE LONGBOARD SURFING....NO WIMPY WINDSURFING FOR ME smile

Rob

Thanks, and MAHALO, both of you! big_smile

Yeah, funny, I was in SF in September, and you know, my flight back home was the morning of Joe's show at the Palace of Fine Arts in SF that day...I should DOUBLE kick my self silly for that one!!  I really really do hope to catch him soon, tho.  If anyone out there's on the rock called Honolulu, hollar at me--there's some great guitar players around here, and it'd be fun to catch a show or two here--hell maybe my band will be playing!  Look forward to the boards, ladies and gents...
big_smile:D:D

Hey jamm, welcome and you guys are really good. smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

jamm wrote:

My name is Jamm, I'm a guitarist/singer/songwriter for the band Lovechile in Honolulu.  Just wanted to say (cliché of course) ALOHA!! To all of ya fellow Joe fans on here smile  Several years ago Joe came down here to perform, he opened for Buddy Guy.  To this day, I'm kickin' myself, because I was living in California at the time, but my bandmates saw the show and always rave about it like it was just yesterday.  So Joe, if you're readin' this, please make Honolulu a stop on the tour!!!  We love ya down here!!  Well, talk with y'alls on the boards!  big_smile

Sweet what do you think of Hapa?? I love them Saw Them this year in S.F at the great American Music Hall welcome to the forum ALOHA

Peace
Bluezman

I got blisters on my bloody fingers (JL)

Hey Jamm,
Welcome to the forum. Keep your eyes on the tour schedule here and if you see anything reasonably close, buy tickets so you can stop kicking yourself. Joe is definitely the "real deal".

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome Jamm, my mother grew up on Oahu, so i know a little about your crib, even got a brother buried there! My wife wants to go back there next year, I'll have to see if your band is playing somewhere. They finally got some "L and L" restaurants over here in Sacramento, miss the Island food. Wish I could share a story about an 80 year old man who was walking on the beach, I'll make this a "you get the idea". This man had to be about 6 feet 8 inches tall, wearing a speedo, I swear the speedo was going to break, my wife pointed him out to me. Everyone was staring at this old man, Deb my wife said " I think thats his wife with him, I feel for that lady, that cant be any fun". All men were NOT created equal....lol..

Shred

jamm wrote:

Thanks, and MAHALO, both of you! big_smile

Yeah, funny, I was in SF in September, and you know, my flight back home was the morning of Joe's show at the Palace of Fine Arts in SF that day...I should DOUBLE kick my self silly for that one!!  I really really do hope to catch him soon, tho.  If anyone out there's on the rock called Honolulu, hollar at me--there's some great guitar players around here, and it'd be fun to catch a show or two here--hell maybe my band will be playing!  Look forward to the boards, ladies and gents...
big_smile:D:D

You guys are reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good! I added you right away.....no hesitation! smile

jamm wrote:

Hi Jamm,
My boyfriend and I were in Kauai back in February.  I wondered if Joe had ever played anywhere in Hawaii and now I know.  Leon Russell was playing the islands the week we were there, but we missed seeing him in Kauai by two days.  sad

Anyway, I would imagine if Joe's played there before, chances are, he'll play there again. 

Welcome to the forum and ALOHA!

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

THanks for ALL of the kind words and warm welcome, all of you!!!  Mary and Dragster, thanks for the props on my band big_smile  We're still rough around the edges, but this first year we've been together has been so fruitful--I feel very fortunate to be able to play blues/rock in a place saturated with island/reggae music. 

As Bluezman mentioned, the Hawaiian music duo Hapa is really REALLY good!  The guitarist, Barry Flanagan, is an amazing player and very melodic.  I like what they're doing to Hawaiian music.  They must have put on a great show over there, Bluezman!

Shred, LMAO!!!  That's the norm with some tourists over here!! Waikiki beach is an eyesore sometimes, pun intended. Yeah when I used to live in the Bay Area, I'd go to Sac all the time--one of my best friends lives in Elk Grove, and we'd always hit up the L&L there smile  Funny how you miss food from a place where you've been--I miss IN-n-OUT!!!!

I just got my OOP copy of Joe's "So it's like that" with his live "A New Day Yesterday" dvd and LOVVVVVVIN' IT!!!!!! 

Again thanks for all the Aloha on here!! Talk with yalls later! big_smile

Hey Jamm...welcome.  Your band sounds cool...have fun with it!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

hey jamm! great to meet you! sure wish i could get over to your neck O the woods sometime!  hope to hear some of your stuff!

vince.