Topic: Hi from clarkey

Hi all. Iam clarkey from good ol' blighty (England)
I came across Joe when searching i-tunes. Boy is he good.. I have purchased 2 of his albums Sloe Gin and So It's Like That. Having limited funding what do you all recommend I should splash out on next.

I have tickets to see Joe when he is in England next year (Cardiff and Frome).

Re: Hi from clarkey

clarkey wrote:

Hi all. Iam clarkey from good ol' blighty (England)
I came across Joe when searching i-tunes. Boy is he good.. I have purchased 2 of his albums Sloe Gin and So It's Like That. Having limited funding what do you all recommend I should splash out on next.

I have tickets to see Joe when he is in England next year (Cardiff and Frome).

thats a tough one I would say Blues Deluxe or you and me or new day live those are my top 3 favorites but there all good welcome to Bonamassa country enjoy the forum!!:)

I got blisters on my bloody fingers (JL)

Hey clarkey,
    Always great to hear from new Joe fans.  Any Joe does the trick....Blues Deluxe is a winner...have fun discovering the world of Joe and I am excited for you on your upcoming show!!       pattyluvsjoe smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Greetings from across the pond, Clarkey..I would suggest you consider getting either of the 2 dvd's that Joe has made..You've GOT to see him!!..You will be amongst some big Joe fans at the show. Hope you meet some forum friends there..Welcome to Joe World!    Cathy

Clarkey,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Joe. There's nobody on Planet Earth that compares.
As far as what to buy next, some of it depends on your listening/viewing habits. I love both DVD's and would heartily recommend those. I spend a good deal of time in my car though. As good as the DVD's are, my cd's get way more use than the DVD's.
That doesn't mean the dvd's don't get a lot of use. I have watched the DVD's a LOT!

I don't think you can go wrong, they are all good and you might get 7 different suggestions if you asked 7 different Joe fans.
I'll agree with Roy on the CD's:
A New Day Yesterday
Blues Deluxe
You & Me

I listed them alphabetically, you won't be disappointed any one of them.

Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

6 (edited by Rocket 2007-10-27 00:17:22)

HI Clarkey.  My advice is to visit http://bonamassalive.com/    And/or Beg  and pander unapologetically for a freebie "bootleg" (Joe Bonamassa taping policy approved and not for sale of any sort) from someone here on the forum... All I gotta do is I wave my hand, fist pump into the air, flash the peace sign,  and voila!!! " _______" says "I'll will send Clarkey a copy of something"!  Who will? I am on the road and cannot make any at this moment, but if no one "offers up", Email your address>...I owe my last score to an English bloke me self! wink  Or, if you wish to purchase, you could always go for the first release, A New Day Yesterday (Studio, and Live, and a DVD-killer DVD; or Rockpalast Live DVD...You cannot lose and need not spend a fortune, lots of us here love to spread the Thanksgiving Table of Joe Bonamassa Contents for our new guest arrivals!!!

Rock On & Keep the Faith, and enjoy the concert performance immensely (Magic 8 Ball says "It is likely"),
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hi Clarkey!!! smile Hope you enjoy it here........I know EYE do!!!!

Rob

Hey Clarkey.  WELCOME to all things Joe and his incredible rockin' blues music.  Joe and the boys will blow your mind when you see them live so be prepared for two highly charged memorable nights of blistering blues.  We are a fun and very friendly bunch here so post away!

.....Barbara

Rocket wrote:

HI Clarkey.  My advice is to visit http://bonamassalive.com/    And/or Beg  and pander unapologetically for a freebie "bootleg" (Joe Bonamassa taping policy approved and not for sale of any sort) from someone here on the forum... All I gotta do is I wave my hand, fist pump into the air, flash the peace sign,  and voila!!! " _______" says "I'll will send Clarkey a copy of something"!  Who will? I am on the road and cannot make any at this moment, but if no one "offers up", Email your address>...I owe my last score to an English bloke me self! wink  Or, if you wish to purchase, you could always go for the first release, A New Day Yesterday (Studio, and Live, and a DVD-killer DVD; or Rockpalast Live DVD...You cannot lose and need not spend a fortune, lots of us here love to spread the Thanksgiving Table of Joe Bonamassa Contents for our new guest arrivals!!!

Rock On & Keep the Faith, and enjoy the concert performance immensely (Magic 8 Ball says "It is likely"),
Rocket

Rocket,
Great idea...why didn't I think of that.
Clarkey, if you'd like to e-mail me your address, I'll send a few live shows your way.
I'd still recommend collecting Joe's cd's, but the live shows will give you something to listen to in the meantime.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hey, welcome to the forum Clarkey! We will take care of you over at http://bonamassalive.com. I'm sure you will be able to find a few shows. You can always search youtube for some videos. wink

-Bill

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your messages, making me feel welcome and all your kind offers , I will be taking them up.

It looks like I might opt for Blues Deluxe as my next purchase. I look forward to reading all your experiences and news and hopefully meet a few of you when Joe gets this side of the Pond.

Clarkey