Topic: Emens Auditorium 10/30/07

Got this message in an email from Ball State's Emens Auditorium today, along w/ that great photo of Joe (no shades) holding 2 guitars.  Aside from the "latest album" faux pas, I loved the tone of this ad.  (set list and review to follow in 8 days...)

Virtuoso Blues-Rock Guitarist Makes Muncie Debut!
Joe Bonamassa began his touring career at the tender age of 12 when B.B. King invited him to be his opener on the road. Since then, Joe has gone on to open for artists including George Thorogood, Peter Frampton and Robert Cray. His latest album, "You & Me," debuted at #1 on Billboard Magazine's Blues charts in 2006. Joe headlines more than 150 dates annually in the U.S. and abroad. Organically fusing rock 'n roll influences and contemporary sensibilties into his unshakable blues roots, Joe's solo music is a rich hybrid all its own. You don't have to love the blues to love Bonamassa live. He's a solid musician and a joy to experience.

Catch Joe Bonamassa at Emens Auditorium on Tuesday, October 30 at 7:30 p.m.

For more information visit Joe's webpage www.jbonamassa.com or www.myspace.com/jbonamassa.

To order tickets via Ticketmaster click here.

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...

Re: Emens Auditorium 10/30/07

Thats what I'm talkin bout Donna, thanks for the post, I have a friend who went to Ball State, think I'll e-mail her on this.

Shred

Hey Kyle....check your email.

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

Once again, Indiana gets a VERY special treat!  L.D. Miller, the 14 yr. old harmonica phenom, joined Joe and the boys for the encore tonight, on none other than "You Upset Me Baby" AND "Asking Around for You."  What a fantastic finish to a fantastic show.

Donna wrote:

Once again, Indiana gets a VERY special treat!  L.D. Miller, the 14 yr. old harmonica phenom, joined Joe and the boys for the encore tonight, on none other than "You Upset Me Baby" AND "Asking Around for You."  What a fantastic finish to a fantastic show.

Awesome Donna! I can't wait to hear more!

Donna wrote:

I'll be 100 and Joe will be 80 before I ever get lucky to be in the right place at the right time to hear you know what...............but I am happy for you Donna smile  pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Show tonite was great. I wish he would have played a few more off "Sloe Gin", especially Black Night, but he was smokin'. The first encore with L.D. was off the hook.
I got some photos that I will post later.
There was a nice crowd tonight. I was suprised to hear so many people say they had not heard of Joe before tonight, but he gained a lot more fans from what I heard after the show.
I finally got a photo of Joe and I that is actually good. Thanks Joe.

Sounds like a great show.  That is special that LD was on the encore, and did Upset... awesome...

Music is good for the Soul...

9 (edited by firin' frank 2007-10-31 07:57:46)

Once again I missed you, Donna!

WOW! AWESOME SHOW! this was my 6th time seeing Joe live and he continues to amaze me.

My wife becomes a bigger fan every time (her 4th) and my friend was blown away as well (his 2nd). This is my 6th time seeing Joe perform, I've NEVER seen any artist 6 times, and I grew up in the 70's.

He opened with "Bridge To Better Days".

in no particular order and I missed a few:
Another kind of love
If heartaches were nickles ( acoustic)
High water everywhere (acoustic)
So Many roads
Walk in my shadows
Django
Sloe Gin
Mountain time
The ZZ Top/Frampton/Zep thing
Closed with LD Miller on "Asking around for you".
Encore #1 "You Upset Me baby" with LD Miller
Encore #2 Miss you, hate you" as quite possibly the best acoustic version I've ever heard.

The sound was great.
The acoustics in Emens Auditorium were great
Joe's voice sounded great.
Joe's tone sounded awesome as usual.
The band was also in fine form.
LD Miller smoked that harp, my friend was amazed!
The parking ticket I got sucked, but that was my fault!

Thanks again for a GREAT show Joe!

And the auditorium shows are the best, even though it was General Admission. They are more intimate, the sound is always better and Joe was having a really good time. I saw lots of college students, and parents bringing their kids too.

Joe mentioned that Indiana was where his career got jump-started in the midwest. I remember the exact day hearing him on The Bob & Tom show playing live and thought, "wow, I gotta check him out.  I'll be hearing more about this guy".

After that performance Clear Channel Communications took over Q95 and stuffed a rag in Q95's throat and they never even so much as mentioned his name again with the exception of promoting RibAmerica. SCREW YOU CLEAR CHANNEL! Just continue to shove the same old crap down listener's throats- I'll stick with Joe Bonamassa.

Again, what a show. Thanks Joe! We'll be here next time, and the next, and the next.

smile

So Joe was on Bob and Tom. I was wondering if they ever heard of him. We get Bob and Tom syndicated here. Thought Joe would be a great guest for them to have.

firin' frank wrote:

Joe's voice sounded great.

Was I the only who noticed that his voice was like wayyy above usual?  Like it sounded incredible.  When I saw Joe in Dallas at the beginning of the month, his was voice was really good, but last night it was awesome.  He seemed to be always perfectly on pitch and it just sounded full and smooth.

No Ball Peen Hammer?...I sure hope he does it at the HOB in Cleveland tomorrow night!...

The Other Joe B.

Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like they're getting ready for Roy. lol. Vibrato is the quiver in his voice..nice stuff...He always seems to get a bit "fired up" for the shows out there! Glad for the new converts!   Cathy

Bizzer wrote:

No Ball Peen Hammer?...I sure hope he does it at the HOB in Cleveland tomorrow night!...

The Other Joe B.

I believe LD being there meant that them jamming on You Upset Me Baby replaced Ball Peen Hammer.  Im sure hell do it in Cleavland.

Anybody got an address for LD? I took a number of photos last evening of him with the boys and I'd like to e-mail them to him. E-mail address or website is fine. (Guess I'm lazy and don't want to hunt for it. Thanks).
The set list for the Emens show was a good mix, given the number of people who were not familiar with Joe. It gave them a chance to experience a good range of his work. Still, Ball Peen Hammer and Black Night would have been nice, but we don't pick his set list! I believe I have seen Joe 6 times and only a very few "standards" show up each time. I am always suprised and always entertained. I hate those shows where bands play their latest CD and encore the big hits. If I wanted that, I'd listen to the CD. Keep up the great work Joe.

ericpass wrote:

Anybody got an address for LD? I took a number of photos last evening of him with the boys and I'd like to e-mail them to him. E-mail address or website is fine. (Guess I'm lazy and don't want to hunt for it. Thanks).

Try this: info@claytonmillerband.com

Thanks Lee. I'll try it.

Hey you can email LD at tammymillerz@aol.com I am his mom and will make sure he gets them
Thanks we love pics!