Topic: G'day from OZ

Hi, Robert here from the land Down Under to get to know Joe B better. I've always got my proverbial antennas out for the new good vibes out there an this time they captured Joe's music. Glad to be here.

Rob

Re: G'day from OZ

Hi Rob, We have another from your part of the world, Jess. Thanks for coming in and you're going to have a great time...Welcome..Cathy

Thanx Cathy for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'm gonna like ìt here. Where are you from?

I'm in the U.S. in Maryland...entering cold weather as you begin to warm......

Hi Rob, or maybe I should say G'day!
Welcome aboard. It would be interesting to know how you discovered Joe. Joe is (unfortunately) not a household name even here in the States - although his popularity is ever increasing - so I wonder how someone from Down Under learns of Joe. BTW, your fellow countryman Rick Melick is doing a bang-up job playing keyboards for Joe these days.

6 (edited by dragster 2007-10-20 04:55:22)

Lee wrote:

Hi Rob, or maybe I should say G'day!
Welcome aboard. It would be interesting to know how you discovered Joe. Joe is (unfortunately) not a household name even here in the States - although his popularity is ever increasing - so I wonder how someone from Down Under learns of Joe. BTW, your fellow countryman Rick Melick is doing a bang-up job playing keyboards for Joe these days.

Hi Lee, nice to meet you. Joe's rather new to me, but I'm NOT new to the good vibes having listened to music for many moons now.....from Little Richard (his piano playing hooked me up to rock!) to Jimi Hendrix and Frank Marino to.......well, Joe Bonamassa!! smile. Speaking about Frank Marino, I found out about Joe and his music thru Frank's official site message board. There was a guy there getting high over Joe's axe-work smile and since I've always got my antennas out for good, new music, I hooked up to Joe right away, checked out his Myspace page and his site and here I am. How's that for precison work man!! smile
I'm glad Rick is doing a good job!

Rob

cathysiler wrote:

I'm in the U.S. in Maryland...entering cold weather as you begin to warm......

I'm sure winter's setting in there...........and where I am too!! sad. You see, I'm currently working overseas for Sydney Uni and in Europe it's getting damn cold these days, so there ya go!!....bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Rob

I guess it helps if I read Introductions from time to time, Robert.  Again, welcome.  Glad you are here also!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Thanx man!! smile Dig your Huxley sig!

Welcome aboard Rob! Glad you're here and gave a history of how you found Joe. It's always interesting to me how people learned about Joe.
Hope you get a chance to see a live show sometime soon. The cd's and dvd's are great, but nothing can prepare you for a live show.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:

Welcome aboard Rob! Glad you're here and gave a history of how you found Joe. It's always interesting to me how people learned about Joe.
Hope you get a chance to see a live show sometime soon. The cd's and dvd's are great, but nothing can prepare you for a live show.
Bill S

Thanx Bill. I'm a huge fan of Frank Marino's....been listening to him for eons! I have to thank the forumers on his website if I got to know such a kick **** axeman like Joe.

Rob

Hi Rob and welcome,
I read some of your posts...you're all over the place...I must of missed the thread where you said how you discovered Joe...where was that?  Did I read you are in Italy right now!  I'm jealous, where are you?  Are you into drag racing?  Where's your favorite place that you travel to for your job?

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

13 (edited by dragster 2007-10-25 20:15:03)

Angela wrote:

Hi Rob and welcome,
I read some of your posts...you're all over the place...I must of missed the thread where you said how you discovered Joe...where was that?  Did I read you are in Italy right now!  I'm jealous, where are you?  Are you into drag racing?  Where's your favorite place that you travel to for your job?

Hi Angela! Thanx! Yeah, I guess I like all types of "traveling"...and that means all over the Net and forums as well. I don''t remember the thread either right noe smile. Yes, in Rome for work. Oh yeah, all motor sports are IN with me esp F1 racing, NASCAR and drag racing!! smile. My fave place for work? In Europe it's the UK of course, but I dig sunny Italy too (my parents were Italian.......my nephews and niece and I are the only trueblue aussies!!
Soon.

Rob

BluesMan wrote:

Hi Rob,

And a belated welcome to Joe's Forum if I haven't welcomed you already! A Fabulous Musician/Singer being followed by some of the Greatest People on the Planet. Not a bad place to hang your hat!!

One more question that I've always heard, but still have a hard time understanding. When you flush a toilet in Australia does it really swirl from right to left? In the northern hemisphere it swirls from left to right. (Right now, half of Forum is runing to their toilets to flush them to make sure what I said was correct and the other half never really thought about it. Now you know why I'm on this Forum. To explore the mysteries of life! big_smile)

Anyway, I just wanted to say again, WELCOME!

Roy

Hi there and thanx! All true man!! smile

Just a myth...Cyclonic low pressure phenomena do however, have differing directions in differing hemisheres CW Southern, CCW Northern.

dragster wrote:
BluesMan wrote:

Hi Rob,

And a belated welcome to Joe's Forum if I haven't welcomed you already! A Fabulous Musician/Singer being followed by some of the Greatest People on the Planet. Not a bad place to hang your hat!!

One more question that I've always heard, but still have a hard time understanding. When you flush a toilet in Australia does it really swirl from right to left? In the northern hemisphere it swirls from left to right. (Right now, half of Forum is runing to their toilets to flush them to make sure what I said was correct and the other half never really thought about it. Now you know why I'm on this Forum. To explore the mysteries of life! big_smile)

Roy

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hi Rob,
About 10 years ago Aussie/Italian relatives tracked us down and actually came and stayed with us during part of their visit to the states.  Up until that point, I hadn't realized family members separated when they left Italy and some went to Australia and some came to the US via Ellis Island in New York.

So, maybe we're related!!! lol lol lol

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Rocket wrote:

Just a myth...Cyclonic low pressure phenomena do however, have differing directions in differing hemisheres CW Southern, CCW Northern.

dragster wrote:
BluesMan wrote:

Hi Rob,

Roy

Yeah, toilet swirl has nothing to do with the hemisphere you're in and everything to do with the design of the toilet. I'm sure they could make them swirl in whatever direction they wanted to.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Oops, perhaps I didn't clarify that.....it's got nothing to do with the hemispheres!! smile