1 (edited by Wiebe 2007-10-11 19:07:34)

Topic: Die Kantine Köln / Cologne great show !

Just came home from Die Kantine in Köln/Cologne, Germany.
Joe & band played extremely well ! They enjoyed themselves a lot.
Great singing too!! Joe's voice is getting better every year.
Nice setlist (Bridge to better days --------> Miss you, hate you) with a good mix of electric and acoustic.
I'll hope for all the fans going to Paradiso this evening they will perform as good as last night!!

Support act Scott McKeon (only 4 songs) also very good.

Wiebe den Boer

PS  I just walked in the living room and found a bottle of Sloe Gin !
      Nice present from my wife Karin ( a pity she couldn't come with me/us this evening)
      Cheers!!

Re: Die Kantine Köln / Cologne great show !

Thanks Wiebe!

Thanks for sharing and your wife is sweet!  Cathy

Wiebe bedankt,

We will inform you about tonight in Paradiso! Now first to work till 12.30 and than....

Andre Wittebroek.

Wiebe, Cheers indeed! Thanks for showing the excitement!  I see your wife was not thinking "Miss you, Hate You" about you being gone there without her by having a little Sloe Gin of her own waiting for you at home.
I pity your wife too, but I'm sure you made her feel better.

Rock On Keep the Faith,
Rocket

andre wittebroek wrote:

Wiebe bedankt,

We will inform you about tonight in Paradiso! Now first to work till 12.30 and than....

Andre Wittebroek.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Wiebe wrote:

Just came home from Die Kantine in Köln/Cologne, Germany.
Joe & band played extremely well ! They enjoyed themselves a lot.
Great singing too!! Joe's voice is getting better every year.
Nice setlist (Bridge to better days --------> Miss you, hate you) with a good mix of electric and acoustic.
I'll hope for all the fans going to Paradiso this evening they will perform as good as last night!!

Wiebe den Boer

Have to agree with you Wiebe that Joe's voice is getting better every year.  Like fine wine, age does it justice!

Music is good for the Soul...

Was there too last night and it was simply... great!!!

We were realley enjoying the band and their music! It seemd the were in a good mood and having fun while playing and performing...

For me this evening was very special because, to me joe is pretty much one of the last great guitar heroes. And seeing him in a rather personal atmosphere like it was last night in the "kantine" makes this experience even more intense to me.

Towards the end of the concert i was wondering about what was the best of their music. After short thinking i came to the conclusion that its realley got to be the diversity and mixture! From some hard, rocky parts over the bluesy ones to the very impulsive acoustic tunes and also the sensible acoustics, and not to forget the songs he played with his strattyp guitar in some kind of indian scale!

After the gig i wanted to tell joe all this but when i met him and he signed my sg, ... you know... the words just didn't come out. he was realley nice, polite and relaxed, but more than something like "thank you it was great." "thank you for comin" didn't get out of it.

Who knows, perhaps joe reads this. so, joe: seeing your show last night just made me get home and plug my guitar into the amp and practise practise practise! your realley my guitar hereo!

Yours, Christian

barfrau wrote:

Was there too last night and it was simply... great!!!

We were realley enjoying the band and their music! It seemd the were in a good mood and having fun while playing and performing...

For me this evening was very special because, to me joe is pretty much one of the last great guitar heroes. And seeing him in a rather personal atmosphere like it was last night in the "kantine" makes this experience even more intense to me.

Towards the end of the concert i was wondering about what was the best of their music. After short thinking i came to the conclusion that its realley got to be the diversity and mixture! From some hard, rocky parts over the bluesy ones to the very impulsive acoustic tunes and also the sensible acoustics, and not to forget the songs he played with his strattyp guitar in some kind of indian scale!

After the gig i wanted to tell joe all this but when i met him and he signed my sg, ... you know... the words just didn't come out. he was realley nice, polite and relaxed, but more than something like "thank you it was great." "thank you for comin" didn't get out of it.

Who knows, perhaps joe reads this. so, joe: seeing your show last night just made me get home and plug my guitar into the amp and practise practise practise! your realley my guitar hereo!

Yours, Christian

Christian,
      Your review ROCKS!   It is so easy to be at a loss of words when Joe is standing right there.....Guitar Hero.....oh yeah !!!     smile

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

It's wonderful that you were so inspired Barfrau..I hope you will relax in the future. It's a fact..Joe is kind and, I hate to always be saying this,  just a regular guy with enormous talents. Next time, take a big breath and say what you feel! My first face to face was unplanned..I turned around and there he was..Because I'm so maternal I pinched his cheek and said "You're such a good boy"..He didn't hold that against me!! Thanks heaven!l  lol....Cathy

10 (edited by karahig 2007-10-12 13:15:14)

I heard from my friend earlier today who also was at the show in Cologne last night. He was really impressed by the band and said if the Berlin wall had not already fallen it would have last night from the sounds coming from the Kantine.

As always you guys are unbeatable and hope the European fans are enjoying you as much as your U.S fans.

See you next week in the U.S

Karen.

Hey I was there too
It was a great concert I stood in front of my hero...an at sloe gin I nearly cried becoause joe sang it so emotionately.....
simply great