Topic: 84 Marshall JCM800

Played through a friend's recently acquired 1984 50W JCM800 (1x12 combo with 1x12 ext cab) on Saturday, man that thing sounded great. Very punchy and full sounding, with his old mexican strat. I could have played that thing for hours! I see why Joe, no matter how many other, more expensive boutique amps rotate through his killer wall of sound, always keeps the Marshall in the lineup.

Sent me right to Ebay to check prices.....G.A.S.! You guys know the feeling.

Re: 84 Marshall JCM800

I know the feeling- I just got one of those (pretty cheap actually) it sounds amazing!  My favorite amp I've ever played through- its going to be a staple for a very long time in my rig!

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Marshall has the name too.  There are comaparsons: oh - it sounds like a Marshall. Well then why not just have one? Some of the boutique amps claim they "smoke a Marshall" - but still the Marshall is the gold standard for comparason.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

4 (edited by kwsjb1238 2007-09-25 15:58:19)

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Marshall has the name too.  There are comaparsons: oh - it sounds like a Marshall. Well then why not just have one? Some of the boutique amps claim they "smoke a Marshall" - but still the Marshall is the gold standard for comparason.

haha good point I love when I read a description of a $5,000 boutique amp and it says "amazing marshall tone!"  i just have to have a little chuckle at that... smile smile smile smile

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

5 (edited by gsj 2007-09-25 17:04:28)

I love my DSL 50 head and still use it on a regular basis. For those of you in the UK it'll be standing next to Len Tuckey's (Suzi Quatro's ex) rig on Thursday night (27th Sept)....and cranked all the way up big_smile

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young