Topic: Hello

Hi All -

I just saw Joe live on Thursday in SanFrancisco and have been listening to various CDs, now including Sloe Gin for about a year since I first heard about him.

It's always such a great feeling to discover music out there that just instantly connects and fits with what you want to hear and hope to find, but is original and brings you  sounds/styles you didn't expect at all! And the more you listen to it, the more you hear in it and the more it connects. I feel very lucky to have discovered it.

Thanks!

Re: Hello

By the way, i just decided I'm going to the modesto show on fri 9/28.  Any others from the bay area going? It would be cool to meet some forum members there.

Welcome aboard keytothehighway,
       "I got the key to the highway, billed out and bound to go.  I'm gonna leave here running,walking is most too slow............"
       You're gonna' fit right in here,  "instantly connects" "want to hear" "hope to find"
but most of all  "I feel very lucky to have discovered it."
        Have fun here and at the shows, nothing like seeing Joe LIVE......hope you get to meet up with some forum "peeps" as Shred would say..........
                                                                        smile pattyluvsjoe  smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hi Keytothehighway (great song)..You happen to be in one of the Joe epicenters!! All you need to do is look for the Joe shirts...Don't be afraid! I'm not saying they're a harmless group, but since you come in peace, you'll be welcomed! lol..Have a blast, welcome to Joe world. Keep in touch....Cathy

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

"I got the key to the highway, billed out and bound to go.  I'm gonna leave here running,walking is most too slow............"
       You're gonna' fit right in here,  "instantly connects" "want to hear" "hope to find"
        Have fun here and at the shows, nothing like seeing Joe LIVE......hope you get to meet up with some forum "peeps" as Shred would say..........

Thanks Patty! By the way, were you at the SF show? A woman with really great red hair who was clearly a bigtime fan was hanging outside talking to Bogie afterward with her husband, who had a freakin great bonamassa tattoo that was still healing and with a couple of kids -and i think were from outta town and generous with their sharpie so i could get an autgraph from Bogie. I was the one hanging out nearby till the bitter end, hoping to meet Joe. If that wasn't you, does anyone know who it was? And if it was you, glad I got to meet you, though briefly - and hope we talk again.

By the way Bogie is also a  VERY VERY VERY cool guy! Just hung out and talked for a long time though must have been tired, gave me one of his sticks without my even asking and took me back to meet Joe too, who was also gracious and funny and friendly.

Hi Cathy - I'll look for the shirts and say hi - I'm not exactly harmless or shy myself and I don't scare easy - in fact it's scary how impossible it is to scare me! But yes, I come in peace and will definitely be in touch.

6 (edited by pattyluvsjoe 2007-09-22 19:45:54)

keytothehighway wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Thanks Patty! By the way, were you at the SF show? A woman with really great red hair who was clearly a bigtime fan was hanging outside talking to Bogie afterward with her husband, who had a freakin great bonamassa tattoo that was still healing and with a couple of kids -and i think were from outta town and generous with their sharpie so i could get an autgraph from Bogie. I was the one hanging out nearby till the bitter end, hoping to meet Joe. If that wasn't you, does anyone know who it was? And if it was you, glad I got to meet you, though briefly - and hope we talk again.

By the way Bogie is also a  VERY VERY VERY cool guy! Just hung out and talked for a long time though must have been tired, gave me one of his sticks without my even asking and took me back to meet Joe too, who was also gracious and funny and friendly.

Hi Cathy - I'll look for the shirts and say hi - I'm not exactly harmless or shy myself and I don't scare easy - in fact it's scary how impossible it is to scare me! But yes, I come in peace and will definitely be in touch.

It wasn't me....I am in Iowa...although I wish I was there.....glad you had a great time....they are all simply wonderful.... Patty

P.S.  It would be so like me to hang out to the end to get to talk with Joe smile  Think the red-headed lady must have been jbfan15's  wife.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

keytothehighway wrote:

By the way, i just decided I'm going to the modesto show on fri 9/28.  Any others from the bay area going? It would be cool to meet some forum members there.

Welcome Key, sure was a great show wasnt it! I'll be in Modesto with my wife, brother, and a musician friend of my brothers. Our seats are H-14,15,16,17, drop on by and say hello!

Shred

keytothehighway wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Hello again, and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY", guess your wundering how i knew that! I was next to Joe when Bogie brought you back to have your disc signed. I was the ugly looking guy with a San Francisco hat and a white gotee, think I wished you a happy birthday too! The guy with the tatoo is "JBFAN".

Shred

Hi Shred -

So we already met sorta - how cool! And thanks for the bday wishes. Look forward to seeing you again at the Modesto show and can't wait to get to another concert - I'll definitely drop by and say hi again!