Re: You just might be a "Joe-addict"......

Michael wrote:

Definitely Addicted to Slow Train, Loving all the train stuff goin' on, it's my new SMR

My fave JB Song for sometime

like to see the opening rather than speeded up, slowing down to like a 3 chord chug with one bright light on stage as if a "Slow Train" was pulling into the station/stage,
But's they probs already doing that   cool

great taster of what new album might be like even more heavier

Whoo Whoo !

........................... Michael

It's 3 lights on trains, our country at least; one big in middle, two lesser asides, the two side lights flashing alternatively.  Looks like one light at a distance.

I thought the chug should be a little slower too.   

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hi.  My name is Chris, and I'm an addict.  I thought I was alone in my Joe addiction, but I see I'm not!  I've been worried because...

... I have two pictures of my kids in my office -- and three of Joe!  (I put the others away because I was worried my coworkers would think I'm a freak!)

...I wear headphones at work and sometimes get caught dancing, or tapping my fingers or my foot at my desk.  My coworkers don't even ask who's playing anymore.  They just point and say "Joe!" -- and lately they just point and play air guitar!

So really... am I OK?  Or are we all just hopelessly doomed???    big_smile

You bring your guitar and I'll bring the wine.  - Little Feat

ChrisM wrote:

Hi.  My name is Chris, and I'm an addict.  I thought I was alone in my Joe addiction, but I see I'm not!  I've been worried because...

... I have two pictures of my kids in my office -- and three of Joe!  (I put the others away because I was worried my coworkers would think I'm a freak!)

...I wear headphones at work and sometimes get caught dancing, or tapping my fingers or my foot at my desk.  My coworkers don't even ask who's playing anymore.  They just point and say "Joe!" -- and lately they just point and play air guitar!

So really... am I OK?  Or are we all just hopelessly doomed???    big_smile

Call me the devil's advocate or satan hisself, but perhaps there is such agood thing as hopelessy doomed...I call us all OK in my little blue book...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Yes, I have become an addict.  It started out so innocently...having never heard Joe before, once I was exposed to the music I couldn't seem to get enough.
I went out to get Black Rock and the RAH DVD. I listened and watched and still needed more.  I got John Henry...what a great CD that is.  But I needed to hear more.  Got LFNIP.  I seem to be working my way backwards in his catalog of music.
Now I have tickets to see the man live....and I can't wait for that day to get here. 
When I listen, some songs just bring an emotional response to me not necessarily because of the subject of the song but because of the way Joe pours his soul into the delivery of the song. 
Yes, the addiction has been embedded into my being...and I like it...alot.

millhouse wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

............if your family calls you up and asks you how Joe is doing first.......

..........if your family sends you a birthday check and the "memo" corner says,
                                                            "Use for something Joe...."

.........if your kids friends ask who Joe is and they say, "He's family..."

........if you spend half or more of your day on Joe's forum.........

.....if you have a portable "Joe-shrine" you can take with you wherever you go.......

.......if the only music you play is Joe.............

...........if you   ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?

(please add your quips.....  smile  )

The only wan ah can think of is

when your wife names Joe on the divorce papers as the other person!

millhouse sad

Millhouse & Patty:

These quips are even more funny in the Year 2010!  I missed this thread back in 2007 but was just reading the entries and this one made me RFLMAO!  I read it to Lil' Eddie and he cracked up too.

I'm so glad I'm a Bonabuddy / Bonamaniac!  I feel at home here!   tongue

Bad Kitty cool

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

You just might be a "Joe-addict" when you go to an Eagles concert in your Joe Bonamassa Rugby shirt and talk about Joe Bonamassa non-stop to those standing ahead & behind you in line (I can't believe I use to be shy  roll  ) and then continue the conversation inside with those lucky people sitting next to me   wink   Never miss an opportunity to talk Joe, cuz' pattyluvsjoe !

pattyluvs  cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

97 (edited by Jen_By_The_Sea 2010-10-25 13:16:06)

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

You just might be a "Joe-addict" when you go to an Eagles concert in your Joe Bonamassa Rugby shirt and talk about Joe Bonamassa non-stop to those standing ahead & behind you in line (I can't believe I use to be shy  roll  ) and then continue the conversation inside with those lucky people sitting next to me   wink   Never miss an opportunity to talk Joe, cuz' pattyluvsjoe !

pattyluvs  cool

Can I get an Amen! on this?

We need a "thumbs Up" button or something in this forum.  (:

You might be a Joe Addict if you log in to the forums here at at a decent time for any time zone, and only see two or three screen named logged in.  You sit and think to yourself..."This CAN'T be right...i KNOW there are MILLIONS of us!!!!.  Where is everyone????????!" Must....seee...more...screen names....". 

Lol.  Kinda obsessive, eh?

"...Through fires, revolutions, dust storms and conclusions...."

GET "Driving Towards Daylight" HERE : http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1529
Got JBXP? Sign up, Get a free compilation CD, and say Hi... :  http://jbxp.net/signup?ref=46

Rocket wrote:

Call me the devil's advocate or satan hisself

Hmmmm... I'll have to noodle on that one.  Satan hisself?????

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

pattyluvs  cool

Patty,

It's so easy to tell everyone about Joe because we believe in him, his music, just who he is!  I hope he doesn't change that wonderful person that he is:  humble, gracious, talented, smart, add your adjective here!  I could go on and on...but then you already know how easy that is to do when talking about Joe!

Bad Kitty

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

You just might be a "Joe-addict" if.....

You can't get enough of this song! cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YemxMvCGFb8

I'll add that if you hear this song live and it doesn't emit some sort of emotion in you, then you are definitely not a "Joe-addict", you're simply dead. wink

Roy

Joe is the Best!

This is such a great topic!!! So Many Roads!!!! ooooopps i mean possibilties.....lets see.....i may be a Joe addict because........4 shows in 4 states in 10 days last year??   or traveling 150 miles each way to Pennsylvania next week???.....or flying from Philadelphia to Las Vegas....then driving to San Diego to see Joe on Friday.....then driving back to Vegas on Saturday to see him again???.......or this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVC7SuDDR3E
i use as my ringtone that I captured in Delaware that still gives me goosebumps being so close i coulda grabbed his tapping foot!!!!  He's so great....and ya know what???? I am glad he is not played on the radio here in the USA.....better tickets for us Bona-fanatics!!!

If you plan your vacations around Joe's tour schedule...

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

If you plan transatlantic trips around the tour schedule.....  big_smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

wait....transcontinental trips don't count???? big_smile

Amsterhammer wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

rudy67 wrote:

Amsterhammer wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Done that, too.  And probably will again.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

106 (edited by Rocket 2010-11-10 17:29:09)

samjp4 wrote:
rudy67 wrote:

Amsterhammer wrote:

Done that, too.  And probably will again.

Sandy

Right now stick the needle, I mean map, pin close to home and to a report requested by myself of the Springfield edition of Joe Bonamassa's triumphant return to the big country Sandy!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

rudy67 wrote:

Amsterhammer wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Look at what Rocket and I did. Transcontinental/Transatlantic. big_smile You on the East coast have a big jump on us.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

...if you are reading this topic on Joe's forum while watching Joe at RAH on Youtube, talking about him on FB, and looking at a picture of him on your desk.   yikes Oh, whoops... that's me!