Re: You just might be a "Joe-addict"......

gary wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

............if your family calls you up and asks you how Joe is doing first.......

..........if your family sends you a birthday check and the "memo" corner says,
                                                            "Use for something Joe...."

.........if your kids friends ask who Joe is and they say, "He's family..."

........if you spend half or more of your day on Joe's forum.........

.....if you have a portable "Joe-shrine" you can take with you wherever you go.......

.......if the only music you play is Joe.............

...........if you   ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?

(please add your quips.....  smile  )

patty are all these true for you?

Gary,

Of course those are all true of Patty! lol
I think Patty has more pictures of Joe than Joe's mom has of Joe! Every time I photograph a show I get an email from Patty with a request for 20 or so photos. At first I was uploading them to a location near her and paying for them......but damn.....photos for Patty or food for my kids.......! lol smile smile (Patty - ya know I am kidding!)

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

20 (edited by photogal 2007-09-22 23:07:51)

You know your addicted when you come back from a show, load the photos on to your laptop in the hotel room and then, with your bestest bonabuddy, watch the slide show to the preprogrammed slideshow music of "We wish you a Merry Christmas" because that is the only music on the laptop! over and over and over...... reliving the show.

Run Patty run.............! lol smile

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Bill S wrote:

I thought I was addicted, but I was looking through some past posts and I found someone who went a step beyond.
You just might be a Joe addict if you have a large tattoo of Joe anywhere on your body!
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3016

You gotta love Jbfan15, 9/20 he and his wife and kids were the only fans to make an almost impromptu CD signing at FYE in Daly City the day of the SF Palace show. Well OK, I almost forgot I was the other guy. Thought we needed some Street Teamin' w/ posters for that nights show. The tatt is way cool in person as is the owner. Jbfan and family thanks for the effort.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery, but who wants to recover from Bonamania?  I am a Joe-addict, and I'm fine with that. 

I'm working Thursday 10/18 in Baltimore, MD until 5pm, driving to see Joe at 8pm in Richmond, VA, getting home at about 3am and working on Friday 10/10 from 9am until 5pm, and then driving to see Joe in Rockville, MD that night.  Next morning, I'm driving to see Joe in Staten Island. NY on the 20th, and following Joe and the boys to NJ for Sunday night's show.  Oh, then I'm working again Monday at 9am. 

4 shows, 4 days, 4 states.

November, there's a show in Baltimore, whew!!  I'm also going to see Joe at Penn's Peak the weekend after the Baltimore show.

When you throw in the Birchmere and Harrisburg shows, it amounts to 8 shows in 5 states in 6 months.  I've got a bad case of Bonamania, and I'm fine with that.

-Rob

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Dear Millhouse,

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

I think you should win an award for that statement!!!!

pattyluvsjoe

Thanks patty

It's nice to make people smile.

millhouse smile

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Jane H. wrote:

when you have the deer acclimated to high volume levels of Bonamassa, they don't even flinch
the cat sleeps right next to the speaker

you can't think of much else so you use Joe as examples for the kid's homework
Joe's Gigliotti is beautiful. whats the adjective
Joe sings beautifully. whats the adverb
i don't know what a preposition is so i need to go to chat and ask Melissa and Rhonda what one is - be right back....

Hi Jane

Lovin the Fly By Night cover.

millhouse wink

BluesMan wrote:

Here's one I forgot to include on my list on the 1st page:

On your work PC all of your passwords for different applications are a varation of Joe's name and/or the year he was born. Examples: BONA77, BONAMASSA1, JOEB77, JOEBON53 (the year I was born), JOMASSA77 and one of my favorites JOEMAMA77.

Roy

This is either a case of "great minds think alike" or "birds of a feather flock together" or we are just plain crazy!!!     
                                         pattyluvsjoe  wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

When the best birthday present you've got in a long time is a Joe B shot glass.
When you have a "I love Joe" charm on your bracelet instead of "I love Ken" -
(husband)  opps.  LOL.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger

I came close...couldn't afford it, but...
http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236 … thatis.jpg

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Had a close-encounter with the guitarist Josh Rand from SlipKnot & Stone Sour here in Indianola yesterday....my son has Stone Sour CD's and wanted Josh to autograph.....his sharpie wasn't working, so I pulled my lucky silver sharpie out of my purse and said, "Well, this is usually saved for Joe Bonamassa signings..."    Am I bad??????   pattyluvsjoe smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I think all the fans that posted here have serious issues...beyond a doctor or a nurse or a straight jacket....of course, 99.9% of you have it way worse than me.

BUT...don't be surprised if my husband makes a post on here in the near future reaching out for a support group...S.A.J.O. Spouses Against Joe Obsession.  I think he feels responsible, since he turned me on to Joe in the first place. Under pressure, I confessed to backing the car out of the garage (to get a satellite signal) and cleaning the interior while I got a 15 minute "Cup of Joe" fix!!  Can't listen today...sirius withdrawl...:lol:

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

To Obsess is excess, moderation is the key.  The issue is: who decides what is TOO MUCH?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

To Obsess is excess, moderation is the key.  The issue is: who decides what is TOO MUCH?

The government!  yikes....

Music is good for the Soul...

HI-larious Angela! Tha bum hubby won't get no support here, he will be shouted down by I.S.S.U.E.S (Into-Joe Spouses Seeking Universal Enlistment of Sideliners)

Angela wrote:

I think all the fans that posted here have serious issues...beyond a doctor or a nurse or a straight jacket....of course, 99.9% of you have it way worse than me.

BUT...don't be surprised if my husband makes a post on here in the near future reaching out for a support group...S.A.J.O. Spouses Against Joe Obsession.  I think he feels responsible, since he turned me on to Joe in the first place. Under pressure, I confessed to backing the car out of the garage (to get a satellite signal) and cleaning the interior while I got a 15 minute "Cup of Joe" fix!!  Can't listen today...sirius withdrawl...:lol:

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Cain's Ballroom - Saturday , October 6th Tulsa, Ok

Indianola,IA to Tulsa,OK    6 hrs 47 minutes....... 449.27 miles    smile smile smile smile smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

When we die, our children are going to find out just how Bonafflicted we are when they open the fireproof safe to get the important papers out to find several redundant unopened Joe Bonamassa CD's & DVD's with this note attached to them. 

Enjoy your inheritance Pete, Kelly & Mitchell.

Play it LOUD....  Play it OFTEN

P.S.  We had to remove the cash in order to make room for Joe !! 

Love, Dad & Mom

Man what is it with some people? Capt Roy, Dr Roy, it will be The Very Reverend Roy next as he is surely the leader of The New Church of Joe.

And it came to pass....................................
the masses assembled and the smoke did clear and verily there was only one thing to hear.....
Bonamassamusic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Millster

millhouse wrote:

Man what is it with some people? Capt Roy, Dr Roy, it will be The Very Reverend Roy next as he is surely the leader of The New Church of Joe.

And it came to pass....................................
the masses assembled and the smoke did clear and verily there was only one thing to hear.....
Bonamassamusic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Millster

Can I get an AMEN!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"