Re: You just might be a "Joe-addict"......

You just might be a Joe addict when you drive around the hotel parking lot 6 times in order to listen to the "You Shook Me" from the Beaver Creek show. That solo's so damn good, there was no way to just turn off the car so Michael, Patty, Phil and I kept driving around blasting it on the stereo until it was over, laughing and rockin' out the whole time smile

nmagcorn wrote:

You just might be a Joe addict when you drive around the hotel parking lot 6 times in order to listen to the "You Shook Me" from the Beaver Creek show. That solo's so damn good, there was no way to just turn off the car so Michael, Patty, Phil and I kept driving around blasting it on the stereo until it was over, laughing and rockin' out the whole time smile

My kinda people! I love it! I do this to my family! I'm like, "Ahhh jeez, Joe was right in the middle of the solo! C'mon man!"
You can't just turn the car off in the middle of the solo.

You  are for sure a Joe Addict.  Love it.  What great friends  to share it with too!

238 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2014-09-02 12:02:58)

You might be a Joe Bonamassa addict when your friends say:

"Let's play a game, whenever Nic mentions 'Bonamassa, JB, Joe B, or plays a song by him,' we all have to take a shot."
"Look, there's a photo on the wall... get out the shot glasses."

(Game cannot be played in the car, but number can be added to total once indoors.)

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

This made me laugh! Too funny Nic!

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

You might be a Joe Bonamassa addict when your friends say:

"Let's play a game, whenever Nic mentions 'Bonamassa, JB, Joe B, or plays a song by him,' we all have to take a shot."
"Look, there's a photo on the wall... get out the shot glasses."

(Game cannot be played in the car, but number can be added to total once indoors.)

Love the stories with friends.

I got one of my oldest friends into Joe.  On a fairly regular basis when we text each other to see what's up, Joe is mentioned.  "What's up?"  "Joe's helping me wax the car"  "Cool, he helped me clean the house yesterday.  Today we're going for a drive." 

We realised Joe is with us quite often in our day.  I find him very handy to have around.

Okay, back to the JB store...

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

I had a big laugh at work today.  They gave me my birthday card and it says "It's Your Day, So Scoot Those Boots!"  My coworkers explained that our boss picked it out and he didn't realize it was supposed to have a pair of cowboy boots on it, so when I pushed the button it would play "Boot Scootin' Boogie" and then the boots would move back and forth.  So the light bulb went off in their heads and they told him not to worry they would take care of it.  So funny, they attached a picture of Joe & I on the front, so when the button is pushed, Joe & I are doing the "Boot Scootin' Boogie"  :ch :ch :ch :ch   lol  lol  lol  lol

You know you are truly addicted to Joe when your coworkers contribute to the cause wink

Fun Day at Play (Work)
                                                        pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Thanks funny happy bday cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Saturday night work at the Civic Center and we always have a rotating "on call" medic at every performance.  I just happened to be working the Guest Services Counter and the medic came over to ask me about the assisted hearing devices. Her 14 yr old son was born deaf and has had cochlear (sp?) implant and plays guitar.  We were talking about the devices and she said, "He would really have benefited from this when he saw Joe Bonamassa here at the Civic Center!"  BINGO One of my co-workers chimed in, "You just said the two magic words!" The medic is looking perplexed , so I said, "Can you hang out here with me for a little while?"  wink   

cool  Joe Magnet   cool
                                                      pattyluvsjoe

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

if you only have Joe CD's in your car and listen to a different one every day on your commute to work

245 (edited by Rocket 2015-01-26 11:18:47)

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Saturday night work at the Civic Center and we always have a rotating "on call" medic at every performance.  I just happened to be working the Guest Services Counter and the medic came over to ask me about the assisted hearing devices. Her 14 yr old son was born deaf and has had cochlear (sp?) implant and plays guitar.  We were talking about the devices and she said, "He would really have benefited from this when he saw Joe Bonamassa here at the Civic Center!"  BINGO One of my co-workers chimed in, "You just said the two magic words!" The medic is looking perplexed , so I said, "Can you hang out here with me for a little while?"  wink   

cool  Joe Magnet   cool
                                                      pattyluvsjoe

lol smile cool cool

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

When someone post something negative about Joe on his own Web site, I respond, letting him know that that type of post wil not fly here and I'm still p%*&%d off about it 3 hours later.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

You know you are a Joe addict when the first step is to admit it.And you won't get treatment.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I still think the one post under this topic that has cracked me up the most was

348millhouse2007-09-21 17:22:01

"The only wan ah can think of is

when your wife names Joe on the divorce papers as the other person!"

millhouse

lol  Does anyone know him?  It's been a long long time since he was here.
          p.l.j.

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

How many of you are accused of stalking Joe by your friends/family? smile

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

....if your four year old can actually pronounce Bonamassa correctly.

"You can't put a price on cool."

Jelly Roll wrote:

....if your four year old can actually pronounce Bonamassa correctly.

Ha yes that's a sumthin!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

When the first thing you check on your phone each morning is twitter to see if Joe posted. I am so guilty.

Its those photos of vintage gear I long for. tongue