Re: You just might be a "Joe-addict"......

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

...I got the Wally World experience too......Joe singing out Driving Towards the Daylight...so good.....Joe is everywhere! (((Cathy & Jane)))  cool  It is just an everyday experience..between the bank and the theater Joe is always brought up....and the coolest thing is I don't have to initiate the conversation about him anymore....got my comrades feeling the JoeLove  wink   Last night at the theater I was on the skywalk bridge and I looked down at the monitor and there was Joe...it really tickles me that Joe is at my job and the jumbo tron sign outside is so cool........you just might be a Joe addict.  smile                       pattyluvsjoe

That's is so cool. All my girlfriends know I am joe nut, so today at a little breakfast get together they were all like, Mary got to meet joe and excited for me.

Denbon18 wrote:

As a joke, my step-son gave me a fake Joe signed framed pair of white undies for Christmas....I guess because I have soooo many autographed items in my music room.

Hilarious! Did you put them up in your music room anyway?

Yup....figured they went through all the trouble....though the autograph isn't even close.....and, end result, they're both fans now too.

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

...I got the Wally World experience too......Joe singing out Driving Towards the Daylight...so good.....Joe is everywhere! (((Cathy & Jane)))  cool  It is just an everyday experience..between the bank and the theater Joe is always brought up....and the coolest thing is I don't have to initiate the conversation about him anymore....got my comrades feeling the JoeLove  wink   Last night at the theater I was on the skywalk bridge and I looked down at the monitor and there was Joe...it really tickles me that Joe is at my job and the jumbo tron sign outside is so cool........you just might be a Joe addict.  smile                       pattyluvsjoe

Yup! I heard that one too!!! It was when I was singing/mouthing the words"Dislocated Boy" and fist pumping that guitar part after it that I came to realize I was walking down the aisle in Walmart! I just kept on jammin' so much fun!!

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

So I had a most fun beginning to my day...my boss at the bank had a Christmas present for me , he and his wife make stone coasters and just because I might be a Joe addict, my coasters had Joe on them, so very cool...not everyday your boss gives you "Joe stuff" thought it was so thoughtful of him.

And then tonite at my job at the Des Moines Civic Center ( where Joe has played and will play again in April 2014) one of the higher ups came up to me and said, "Patty, your name came up at our board meeting today!"  I'm thinking "uh-oh" what have I done.  She said they were discussing upcoming shows and of course, Joe Bonamassa, became a topic.  One of the members started talking about how great Joe was and that he had been doing research on him.  The rest of them laughed and said that he apparently had not encountered me yet in the theater and he was behind the rest of them on knowing about Joe.  They said I could lead the Joe campaign again!  I just love the World of Joe and yes, my name is pattyluvsjoe and I am a Joe addict wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

So I had a most fun beginning to my day...my boss at the bank had a Christmas present for me , he and his wife make stone coasters and just because I might be a Joe addict, my coasters had Joe on them, so very cool...not everyday your boss gives you "Joe stuff" thought it was so thoughtful of him.

And then tonite at my job at the Des Moines Civic Center ( where Joe has played and will play again in April 2014) one of the higher ups came up to me and said, "Patty, your name came up at our board meeting today!"  I'm thinking "uh-oh" what have I done.  She said they were discussing upcoming shows and of course, Joe Bonamassa, became a topic.  One of the members started talking about how great Joe was and that he had been doing research on him.  The rest of them laughed and said that he apparently had not encountered me yet in the theater and he was behind the rest of them on knowing about Joe.  They said I could lead the Joe campaign again!  I just love the World of Joe and yes, my name is pattyluvsjoe and I am a Joe addict wink

that's awesome Patty cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

You just might be a "Joe-addict" when you listen to "Oh Beautiful" 12 times in a row on the way home from work because you just can't get enough of it...I swear Joe's solos in it are mind altering.......well it does mine....my soul just begs for this song ~. Thanks for writing and performing this song Joe cool  Guess it might be my own personal 12 step song program for chasing the blues away.... pattyluvsjoe

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Patty I decided it's my new favorite song as well! Seeing it live was like jaw dropping! I'm right there with ya smile

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

You just might be a "Joe-addict" when you listen to "Oh Beautiful" 12 times in a row on the way home from work because you just can't get enough of it...I swear Joe's solos in it are mind altering.......well it does mine....my soul just begs for this song ~. Thanks for writing and performing this song Joe cool  Guess it might be my own personal 12 step song program for chasing the blues away.... pattyluvsjoe

Beacon Theatre . . . one year ago and unforgotten!!!!! The whole week in New York City was a dream for me

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

You're not alone Patty. Can't tell you how many times I've watched "Oh Beautiful" and I'm also totally hooked on the "Blues Deluxe" from Syracuse. I can't get a damn thing done around the house this week because I keep watching these videos. Ryley's like, "Mom I remember when you used to be working on a project or doing stuff in the yard. Now you're on the computer all the time"  Pretty bad when your kid is telling you to go do something productive. Monday, yes Monday I'll turn off the computer and be productive. Just need to watch one....more....video.....

When you tell Joe's life story from childhood to adulthood while playing his music at your favorite watering hole. :-D

Natasha i'm literally laughing out loud at this! It's just too funny! It happens to the best of us, my guilty pleasures are his dvds. We have a jammin Stereo in our house so it really sounds awesome when we put in one of his concerts. The addiction is real! LOL!

nmagcorn wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

You're not alone Patty. Can't tell you how many times I've watched "Oh Beautiful" and I'm also totally hooked on the "Blues Deluxe" from Syracuse. I can't get a damn thing done around the house this week because I keep watching these videos. Ryley's like, "Mom I remember when you used to be working on a project or doing stuff in the yard. Now you're on the computer all the time"  Pretty bad when your kid is telling you to go do something productive. Monday, yes Monday I'll turn off the computer and be productive. Just need to watch one....more....video.....

My boyfriend plays "The Ballad of John Henry" from Live from the Royal Albert Hall over and over!  LOL!  I agree with Pattyluvsjoe about the "mind altering" comment!  LOL!

230 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-05-18 20:00:41)

Had to laugh when I read that .... I've been doing the same all weekend. My girlfriend DOES NOT get it.

I told her not to.worry .... it won't last much longer.  (She thinks I was talking about the J Henry heavy rotation. smile )

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

...when you go to your 40th high-school class reunion and your classmates come up to you and say, "You know Joe Bonamassa!!!"  Proud moment for this small town girl wink   At the 35th reunion, no one knew who Joe was....my,my how times have changed!!!!  Always so proud to be a Joe fan!   cool

pattyluvsjoe smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

...when you go to your 40th high-school class reunion and your classmates come up to you and say, "You know Joe Bonamassa!!!"  Proud moment for this small town girl wink   At the 35th reunion, no one knew who Joe was....my,my how times have changed!!!!  Always so proud to be a Joe fan!   cool

pattyluvsjoe smile

Congratulations Patty!  You saw how special Joe was before 99.9% of the rest of us did.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Today's update from the local Subway here in Mt. Pleasant,IA....standing in line, young man working behind the counter is staring at me...tracks me to the cash register and says all excited, "Is that Joe Bonamassa on your shirt?"  "Why yes it is!" "Do you know Joe ?" "Why yes I do!" "OMG I have to meet you!"  He comes out into the eating area and is SO EXCITED! He said his dad had turned him on to Joe.  "Can you get me a picture of Joe?" "Why yes I can! "  So we exchanged emails, another new friend, another very excited young fan.....ya' just gotta' love the World of a Joe....and endless supply of friends. smile  thank you Joe cool  such a blessing in life ~
          pattyluvsjoe

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Today's update from the local Subway here in Mt. Pleasant,IA....standing in line, young man working behind the counter is staring at me...tracks me to the cash register and says all excited, "Is that Joe Bonamassa on your shirt?"  "Why yes it is!" "Do you know Joe ?" "Why yes I do!" "OMG I have to meet you!"  He comes out into the eating area and is SO EXCITED! He said his dad had turned him on to Joe.  "Can you get me a picture of Joe?" "Why yes I can! "  So we exchanged emails, another new friend, another very excited young fan.....ya' just gotta' love the World of a Joe....and endless supply of friends. smile  thank you Joe cool  such a blessing in life ~
          pattyluvsjoe

Now that is a cool story!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky