181 (edited by sally12333 2012-11-12 16:55:30)

Re: You just might be a "Joe-addict"......

Hey Rocket, I appreciate the advice.  Sorry to have alarmed you, but I

was certainly not being serious, only just trying to be lighthearted and have some fun about "Turn it up!"

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

Hey Rocket, I appreciate the advice.  Sorry to alarm you, but

I was certainly not being serious, only just trying to be lighthearted and have some fun about "Turn it up!"

I know. No problem Sally, I get concerned about hearing in older folks, and greatly worried about kids up to 30.  Hearing damage just doesn't have quick and effective methods of compensations that can compare to eyesight deficiency corrections.

Your post about speeding and converting a police officer really cracked me up.  You certainly have no "might be" going on with your addiction! big_smile

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

183 (edited by sally12333 2012-11-12 16:21:43)

Rocket, thanks a lot.  No prob.  Guess certain things are no laughing matter...

Yep, I got it bad.  Trying to do my small part towards advancing Joe's world domination!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Owning more than one copy of his Cd's.....& owning the Vinyl as well....Because you want to........:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

185 (edited by BluesMan 2012-11-15 09:39:56)

Buying many of Joe's CDs, sometime as many as 38, and giving them all away including the one I kept for myself. Yes, it's true..."Stupid is as Stupid does!" wink

Roy

Joe is the Best!

186 (edited by sally12333 2012-11-25 12:33:50)

You might be an addict if suddenly your car slows down - what the heck??  Turns out both feet are so busy tapping to Joe's tunes that there's no time left to step on the gas pedal...

I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Well at this point in the game, it never ceases to amaze me, how often the subject of Joe comes up in my life.  It has now turned into an everyday experience......Joe Bonamassa, your name is known!!! cool  Every time I work at the Des Moines Civic Center and that is quite often, the subject of Joe always comes up. (All be it, some of it is a comparison of how loud some artists are to others  lol "He was really loud!  The building vibrated!  The play going on in the smaller theater underneath the main theater had difficulty in their performance because you could hear Joe inside it."  Since last May, when Joe was at the Civic Center, people are still talking about him there.  Just last night one of the marketing people there, called me over and had a newer mgmt. person with him.  He proceeded to tell her about Joe and then she broke in and said, "My husband loves Joe Bonamassa!"  To which the marketing person replied,  "He may love him, but he doesn't love him as much as Patty!" lol  He went on to tell her about how Joe's name was relatively unheard of, etc...and then he said,  "You cannot believe the following he has!  I don't think there is any other artist that has such a loyal fanbase than Joe!"  Of course, I agreed with him and when I told them I was going to London next month, he looked at her and said, "See what I mean!  She's flying to London to see Joe!" wink

And another exciting little tidbit of info that a lil' birdie told me with a wink of his eye a couple of weeks ago was to watch the 2014 Civic Center calendar....I don't have to be told twice....I JUST BELIEVE IN THE MAGIC OF JOE!

So
You just might be a "Joe-addict" ?????          Until my dying day.........love u Joe!

pattyluvsjoe smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

You all have way better stories but I'll share mine anyway.

I wore my Joe shirt to the Uli Jon Roth show the other night and one guy called out and started up a conversation. Him: “Are you going to see Joe at the Riverside?” Me: “Hell yeah! …And Chicago…And New York!” Him: “Stalker!” Me: “You better believe it!” big_smile

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

i'd rather breath his music than air! haha!
the weird thing is that you can look at Joe as both sides the addiction and the rehab!

Fishing for a good time starts with throwing in your line...

Reem, you are SO right!

I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

BarbieD wrote:

I wore my Joe shirt to the Uli Jon Roth show the other night and one guy called out and started up a conversation. Him: “Are you going to see Joe at the Riverside?” Me: “Hell yeah! …And Chicago…And New York!” Him: “Stalker!” Me: “You better believe it!” big_smile

Music stalker is not a bad thing Barbie

wvgirlinky wrote:
BarbieD wrote:

Expressed as a joke it is not. smile  But a real stalker is NOT a good thing. yikes

No personal offense to you gals or anyone, as I know everyone knows this...it just needs to be oft repeated. wink

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:
BarbieD wrote:

Expressed as a joke it is not. smile  But a real stalker is NOT a good thing. yikes

No personal offense to you gals or anyone, as I know everyone knows this...it just needs to be oft repeated. wink

Rocket

Knew I'd probably get schooled for that one. No worries, folks. It's all in good fun and not to be taken literally.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:
Rocket wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

Rocket

Knew I'd probably get schooled for that one. No worries, folks. It's all in good fun and not to be taken literally.

You weren't getting schooled, dear!  Just intended for any casual viewers who might get ideas. wink

It is funny in a friendly conversation!   smile

When so far this year I have bought...

- 1 Joe Bonamassa Gibson Les Paul Studio
     - 2 tickets to the May 18 show at the Beacon
     - 1 round trip air plane ticket to NYC for said concert
     - 1 of each hat, t-shirt and pick tin
     - 2 CD's and 1 DVD

...and...

- 1 major dilemma!  I'm going to be in California on the 18th of April!  So is Joe! LA to San Jose and back to get my flight!

To be continued...

Steve

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Hey Steve,

Qualifications met!    lol

pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  Have fun!

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Thanks Patty!

Really enjoying your thread!

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

sally12333 wrote:

Reem, you are SO right!

Yeah Sally! Joe FOREVER!

Fishing for a good time starts with throwing in your line...