Re: You just might be a "Joe-addict"......

When your head banging to Pain and Sorrow in you car and some high schoolers are looking in amazment,then laughing and pointing.But you don't care and just sceam out the window "Living on pain and sorrow....."With it turned up to 11

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

sally12333 wrote:

You might be a Joe addict if you drive to the grocery store/mall/library/anywhere, but when you arrive Joe is still playing on the CD, so you drive around the block seventeen times until the song is over.  OR you park at your destination and just sit in the car until the whole album is finished.

I always end up sitting in front of my house in the car until the song ends

wvgirlinky wrote:
sally12333 wrote:

You might be a Joe addict if you drive to the grocery store/mall/library/anywhere, but when you arrive Joe is still playing on the CD, so you drive around the block seventeen times until the song is over.  OR you park at your destination and just sit in the car until the whole album is finished.

These made me laugh.....I sit in the garage and let the song finish. So the other day I get home from work and am sitting in the garage listining to the rest of Lonely Town Lonely Street and after a couple minutes my son opens the door and looks out in the garage at me and then yells back in to the house "YUP! He's listening to Joe!" shuts the door and heads back in to the house.

You don't find a style, ... a style finds you

Keith Richards

Same for me, both at work or arriving home. It would be a herecy to turn off half way through.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

You know you are Joe addict when you are in one room listening to Joe on the mp3 player and your husband is in the kitchen doing the same on the IPOD.  Exactly what happens at our house everynight after dinner.:)

You might be a Joe addict when you have had a horrible 24 hours preparing for a procedure that requires you to clean out your system by drinking what tastes like a poisonous liquid, and right before you are ready to leave, the mail arrives with your new Joe shirt and you instantly put it on and feel all warm and comforted by it and go off to the procedure with a little smile deep down inside you.

Scoob wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:
sally12333 wrote:

These made me laugh.....I sit in the garage and let the song finish. So the other day I get home from work and am sitting in the garage listining to the rest of Lonely Town Lonely Street and after a couple minutes my son opens the door and looks out in the garage at me and then yells back in to the house "YUP! He's listening to Joe!" shuts the door and heads back in to the house.

LOL that caused me a bellyache laugh

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

You know you might be a Joe addict when you don't want to pick up your phone call as you set Joe's song as ringtone,  you want to stand still, close your eyes and enjoy listening until the last second of it, you also feel like it is a cardinal sin to cut off his mighty song.

You know you might be a Joe addict when you hear Joe's songs and you suddenly enter the trance state. It is uber amazing until you don't hear what people say to you

You know you might be a Joe addict when you have a secret nickname for Joe (for me - I call Joe as Baby Jesus of Blues), you keep talking about baby Jesus of blues all the time until your friends -who don't even follow music- know who the Baby Jesus of Blues is. You also called him as Baby Jesus of Blues when you talked to his StreetTeam Director.

gary wrote:
Scoob wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

LOL that caused me a bellyache laugh

Sitting here shaking my head in agreement.  Too funny but oh so true!

When you have so much Joe paraphanelia in your computer room that the cable repairman asks "is that your son"? LMFAO!
4 lithos, autographed poster of RAH, autographed Ernie Ball poster, autographed playbill from my first show (2004), autographed poster from Crossroads, various coffee mugs, show photos, pick tins...oh my god, I think I need help!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:

When you have so much Joe paraphanelia in your computer room that the cable repairman asks "is that your son"? LMFAO!
4 lithos, autographed poster of RAH, autographed Ernie Ball poster, autographed playbill from my first show (2004), autographed poster from Crossroads, various coffee mugs, show photos, pick tins...oh my god, I think I need help!

LOL!!!!!!!!
NICE ONE BILL
smile

When you are near to your scheduled Treadmill finish and Tea For One comes on..............

Bill S wrote:

Hilarious Bill lol  Reminds me of my sons response when he was younger and his friends would ask who is this "Joe guy"  "Is he part of your family/"   "Yeah, he is........"   lol  lol

pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  Such great fun to be a Joe Fan wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Kenny wrote:

When you are near to your scheduled Treadmill finish and Tea For One comes on..............

and you just keep going and going???  too funny

177 (edited by sally12333 2012-10-04 22:56:03)

.....if you have a portable "Joe-shrine" you can take with you wherever you go.......

This quote from patty is the funniest ever!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

You might be a Joe addict if "Too Much Ain't Enough Love" is on in the car and you suddenly find yourself going 80 in a 55 mph zone, and you're pulled over.  But you don't care.  It was worth it.

Hey, might be a chance to convert the policeman!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

May be a Joe addict if the volume for Joe's CDs is up so high you just KNOW you're damaging the little cilia (?) hairs in your inner ear cochlea.  But you don't care.  Isn't technology constantly making advances, and they're always making improvements to the hearing aids that I'll need in 20 years?

I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

180 (edited by Rocket 2012-11-12 00:36:49)

sally12333 wrote:

May be a Joe addict if the volume for Joe's CDs is up so high you just KNOW you're damaging the little cilia (?) hairs in your inner ear cochlea.  But you don't care.  Isn't technology constantly making advances, and they're always making improvements to the hearing aids that I'll need in 20 years?

Frankly, this is not smart thinking and actually not one bit funny. Trust me, your trust and attitude are not healthy.  You do NOT, repeat, do NOT want to risk damage to the cochleal hair cells... 

No apology, this IS an intervention.  Do NOT rely on technology, no matter how hi tech it gets, including biology techs.

On a better sober note, your car volume may not be all that high.  And when moving, hopefully some phase cancellations favorably created by infrasonic road noise are making you believe you are too loud.  Only if your car stereo volume is hurting you are you probably damaging hearing permanently. smile (ever notice how your volume needs turning down quickly when you slow down a lot?). "Sounds" like you are juuuuusssssst enjoying some cranked tunes smile as much as you have always wished! cool

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Not trying to hurt feelings or be a buzz kiill at all...

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”