Topic: Jack from WA....hey all!

Well, all my favorite bands are now in the classic rock category, so I guess that ages me. I've always been partial to a killer lead guitar in my music and these days, it seams that the blues is the only place to find that in new music. Last year, Amazon suggested Bonamassa and I gave it a shot, buying Blues Deluxe and You and Me. All I can say is wow! I now own everything released commercially including Sloe Gin and it just keeps getting better. This Saturday night I get to see Joe live in Seattle for the first time. My wife and I are so excited, we can hardly contain ourselves.

I've been a big fan of Blue Oyster Cult since the early 70's and Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser has always been my guitar god. I've had the good fortune to become a friend of his and we were having drinks a few months ago when I sprung it on him that he was being replaced as my guitar idol. When he asked by who, I told him Joe Bonamassa. He got a kick out of that and told me he was very impressed with Joe's music, having been familiar with the fellow New Yorker for many years.

Anyway, I look forward to many more shows after this one and am already looking forward to future releases. And this is a very nice website!

Re: Jack from WA....hey all!

Hey Hdboc, welcome aboard to the forum!  Great story of how you found Joe's music.  If you haven't already be sure and get his DVDs.  Let us know about your experience of attending your first Live show

Music is good for the Soul...

Hey Hdboc,
    Love your enthusiasm and what a thrill to look forward to---your first LIVE Joe show.  Hang on to your socks, cuz they are going to get knocked off!!!!  And watch for your wife's jaw dropping.  Have the time of your life and we will look forward to your review!!!!!! smile
                                                                         pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Greetings Jack!
It sounds like you're experiencing the same pre-show excitement most of us are very familiar with. Have a great time and welcome aboard!

Hi hdbok and welcome to the forum. "Sure think I got it Bad"...You and the Mrs are going to have a great time. Stick around after, Joe and the boys are really down to earth people..And, make sure you post a review of your Bonabaptism...Cathy

See you there! (2nd row, lower balcony).

Hey Jack, welcome to the forum.  Believe me, you are going to have a great time.  I'm still a Bonavirgin but based on what I've heard, it will be a night you'll never forget.

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Welcome, hdboc (Jack)......Yeah, once ya find Joe there is no turning back. Killer Guitar, Killer Voice, Killer Band, Killer Songs.

I discovered Joe on XM radio a few years back, went and bought 1 of his CD's (Blues Deluxe also), then ordered his back catalog from Amazon and of course now have the new releases.

The Wife and I drove down to Santa Cruz Ca. summer of '06 (3hr. drive from where we live) to see him for the first time and I'll tell you what.....my jaw dropped during the first song and stayed that way until hours after the show.

We flew to Seattle Wa. last December (during that wicked storm) to see him at Dimetrious Jazz Club, caught 3 shows and were blown away at each show. Now we get to see him tonight in our backyard (San Fran.) Can't wait.

Think I'll walk across the street and see if the bus has arrived.

So welcome again and spread the word, "There Is A New Sherrif In Town And His Name Is Joe Bonamassa."

Thanks for the welcome all! I do have one DVD, of the Rockpalast show. That's what I played to introduce my best friend to Joe. He has also now has the entire catalog.

My wife loves his music as well and we do quite a bit of traveling, so we may turn up at a show anywhere. We had planned on going to the free Vegas show, but work got in the way. I hate when that happens.

Again, thanks for the welcome and I will be sure to post a review. We are also in the lower balcony, left center, row c.

Jack