Topic: Springfield, MO Sept. 7th

Joe and Co. were part of the Greater Ozarks Blues Festival, headlining for the first night. The past day or two had brought quite a bit of rain to the midwest - Springfield included so the festival was brought indoors to The Shrine Mosque, a beautiful old historic building, but it had no air conditioning! It was a balmy and sticky 90+ degrees in there!

The show got started just a little late due to relocating all the artists. Crosby Loggins kicked the evening off with a number of great acoustic songs. Aunt Kizzy'z Boyz followed - a group that packs a high powered set with lots of story telling! Next up was Lil' Ed Williams and the Blues Imperials. They were great as well, Lil Ed is quite a character and played in the audience with everyone dancing around him.

By the time Joe came on, the audience was psyched! This was a large stage and Joe had plenty of room to move around on with speakers lining the front of which he perched himself during a number of solos. I could see fans reaching up to touch his legs! The set list was the same as the Surf Ballroom show minus the encore.

I have the pics posted in the Cool Photos section of the forum.

I noticed about 10 or so JB shirts along with 1 street team shirt. Those that I asked said that they did not post on the forum, and one said that they used to. Was there anyone else there that is a forum member?

It was a rockin' show but felt like I was in "Burning Hell"! lol Joe has sweat running out his sleeve and dripping off his knuckles.

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Re: Springfield, MO Sept. 7th

Thanks Rhonda for the review. Great to see that they had a back up plan in case of bad weather. Better hot than not!

Re: Springfield, MO Sept. 7th

Rhonda:  Sounds like one of those Mid-Missouri BonamassaScorchers !     All the more reason to push for Joe at venues like Pageant. 

Thanks for the pro-photo's.   Next stop for you - Vintage Guitar Mag. photographer ?

kathy

p.s.-  I'm at an impasse- done all of the posters I think we could do.  Not sure what else we can do, but would certainly be willing to try anything reasonable.  kathy