Topic: Joe at the Greater Ozarks Blues Festival in Springfield, MO 9-7-07

Here are the photos from Joe's performance at the Greater Ozarks Blues Festival in Springfield, MO on Sept. 7th, 2007.

The festival was scheduled to be held outside. Due to massive downpours the location had to be moved to The Shrine, a very old building with no air conditioning. It was about 90 degrees in there.

Some interesting things about the photos - when you get to the ones of just Joe's left hand on the strings and neck, look closely at his sleeve where his watch is and his knuckle. He had sweat dripping out of his sleeve and off his knuckel!

There are some neat ones of Bogie towards the end, along with some neatly lit ones of Joe taken from the back of the stage.

Enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/photogal19 … 939336423/

~Rhonda

I will post the links to the photos from the other artists, Aunt Kizzy's Boyz, Lil Ed and the Blues Imperials and also Crosby Loggins in the "Other Artists" section of the forum within the next couple of days. If you get the opportunity to see these other artists, I highly recommend it! They were great! smile

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Re: Joe at the Greater Ozarks Blues Festival in Springfield, MO 9-7-07

Wow, great pix Rhonda, where are you at in there! Guess thats your daughter with Carmine. What ever you do DONT take my pix with that camera, it will never be the same...lol

Shred

Shred,

I was anywhere and everywhere! Of course I am not going to be in the pictures (that is why I like being behind the camera - I hate having my photo taken!) lol smile

My camera has been a lot of places and seen a lot of things.....I think it can handle you....besides, I have Photoshop and insurance on the camera.

Glad you enjoyed!

~Rhonda

The countdown to Tulsa has begun! Think the town can handle us? lol

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

photogal wrote:

Shred,

I was anywhere and everywhere! Of course I am not going to be in the pictures (that is why I like being behind the camera - I hate having my photo taken!) lol smile

My camera has been a lot of places and seen a lot of things.....I think it can handle you....besides, I have Photoshop and insurance on the camera.

Glad you enjoyed!

~Rhonda

The countdown to Tulsa has begun! Think the town can handle us? lol

Absolutely, I'd worry about Patty and my wife Debbie ( she gets all giddy when she's on vacation) . Patty will still be on cloud nine, might have to bring an oxygen bottle for her if Joe plays "Jelly Roll"

Shred

Rhonda, I am on my knees bowing to you. What a gift. The pix are stunning. I adore lil Ed. He has that big as@ guitar and his fez. In the past he would do somersaults! Thanks for all you share. And, I've seen your picture and you're very pretty!         Cathy

Hey Rhonda, some great, awesome, fabulous, unbelievable, incredible, creative, skilled, and whatever adjectives there is to describe your pictures.  You have a really good eye for the moment, the closeups are so crisp.  Great job and thanks for sharing...

Music is good for the Soul...

Photogal you rock!!! Those are killer pictures. I am going to Tulsa too, then Chicago, then Kansas City. I'm so pumped for the "fall tour" leg, that will make 7 times I have seen Joe this year, a new record!! I'll see if I can find you in Tulsa and say hello, I didn't get to the Blues fest until right before JB took the stage.

Thanks again for the excellent shots!

Everyone....

Thanks for all your positive comments, I really appreciate them!

smile smile Rhonda

misterlee, we will have to meet before the Tulsa show! Will you be coming to the St. louis show? It will be awesome. It is at The Pageant and has excellent acoustics just perfect for Joe!

I probably won't make the St. Louis show, but you never know. I made the trek from Springfield to KC to St. Louis back to Springfield when Joe came through in January. I have always thought the Pageant would be a perfect venue for Joe.

Tulsa is going to be great, I am taking 2 cousins (who live there) to their first Bonamassa show. I think I had about 30 Springfieldians I introduced to Joe at the bluesfest, lol!! I've never felt like so much of a Street Teamer.

I will be in touch before Tulsa for sure...

Okay girlfriend,  I see I am going to have to dedicate an entire evening to looking thru these.  What I"ve seen so far are awesome (oh yeah)    me smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Awesome pix as usual, Rhonda. I wish I could do that with my little digital camera!

Nice shirt, Joe. Did you get that over in Europe?

I'm just saying.

Rhonda ....... I Know you stayed up all night working on these  ( Forum Seen Rhonda at Home Working in her Balcony Study on Her Computer with Photo Program ) Changing Colors , Lighting , Effects , So much more to provide us with Top Quality Prints ......... She Could be a Rock/Blues/Pop Concert Photographer quite easily 'cos she has an eye for the Live Moment

This is The Best Set of Photo's I've Ever Seen of Joe and The Band

Sis ...... These are Awesome , They're are So Many Gems in Here ...  The Natural ones with Joe under The Spotlight and The One where he's looking around at you & Some with the audience looking , plus Great side stage captures too.
Many of These Could Make an Album Cover and if Joe ever wanted to do a Tour Programme , Photo's like these would sell Programme's like T-Shirts from The Merch Stall Endlessly ( PS ... I Could do the Programme Writing ) Just a Thought

Again Fantastic Shots Photogal

................................ Michael 

wink

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

13 (edited by LarryG 2007-09-10 17:06:24)

Rhonda, amazing pictures.....glad you took so many.  I only got a few this time. It was great to talk to you too !!! Got your e-mail off the board. Talk to you soon !!!  Keep on rockin' and rollin'   Larry G

Hey Rhonda,
What can I add that hasn't been said. Those are spectacular! I love the ones from behind Joe with his profile in the spotlight. Did you have a press pass? I have never been to a venue where I could get those angles even if I wanted to venture from my usual front row seat. I always like seeing something unique in the photos and you definitely achieved that with these. Great job!

absolutely, positively great pictures Rhonda.  Thank's so much for sharing these with us. 

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"