Topic: Hi Everybody! I've joined the street team too!

Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area!
Joe is a recent discovery for me. I just found out about him a about three months ago, and have managed to buy all his CDs and available DVDs.  It's been an absolute blast seeing what this guy can do. I play a little guitar myself, and I just love listening, and watching the technique on the DVDs.

Anyhow, I've kept track of some stuff on this forum the last couple of weeks, and discovered the Street Team. Since I've bought CDs and DVDs for family and friends, and have turned on a few more people to Joe B, and I've already contacted my local radio station about getting him on their concert calendar for September (I found out they are Bonamassa friendly--KFOG in San Francisco), I figured I was already doing Street Team stuff, so why not join officially.

I'm incredibly excited to be able to see Joe live next month in San Francisco. My husband (also a new obsessive fan) and I are like little kids waiting for the experience.  Now we're working on my brother and some friends in Pennsylvania to catch one of his PA shows this fall.

Thanks,
Lisa

Re: Hi Everybody! I've joined the street team too!

LisaG wrote:

Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area!
Joe is a recent discovery for me. I just found out about him a about three months ago, and have managed to buy all his CDs and available DVDs.  It's been an absolute blast seeing what this guy can do. I play a little guitar myself, and I just love listening, and watching the technique on the DVDs.

Anyhow, I've kept track of some stuff on this forum the last couple of weeks, and discovered the Street Team. Since I've bought CDs and DVDs for family and friends, and have turned on a few more people to Joe B, and I've already contacted my local radio station about getting him on their concert calendar for September (I found out they are Bonamassa friendly--KFOG in San Francisco), I figured I was already doing Street Team stuff, so why not join officially.

I'm incredibly excited to be able to see Joe live next month in San Francisco. My husband (also a new obsessive fan) and I are like little kids waiting for the experience.  Now we're working on my brother and some friends in Pennsylvania to catch one of his PA shows this fall.

Thanks,
Lisa

welcome to the street team . just stay away from the bluesman he wants to eat your kids and sell there body parts lol........enjoy the ride joe

Welcom Lisa.  I also play a little guitar--okay I play alot.  It's always good to meet other women who play guitar, there aren't many out there.

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Yeah!!! Another lady axe slinger (you and fret need to hook up). You are so right, Lisa! You have the same kind of addiction as the rest of us. Street Team is exactly what you have been doing! Welcome to the forum and the street! Tell your brother to get to Harrisburg this coming Thursday and he can meet Jane, me and other Bonamaniacs!!! Just look for the "shirts"....Cathy

Welcome aboard Lisa to the street team and the forum.  Sounds like you are doing a great job in spreading the word and that is the best thing we can do for Joe and company.  Be sure and get yourself an official Street Team t-shirt from Melissa, just shoot her an email...

Music is good for the Soul...

Welcome Lisa, I grew up in Fremont and moved to Roseville in 94. There are only a few of us from NorCal regularly on the forum. My good buddy JDAWG from Benicia is on here alot. The DAWG and I will be at the show in the city, our seats are B1 and B3 ( I think ), look us up. And if you want, you and the hubby can always e-mail, I might just have some music you guys would be interested in.

Shred

P.S....dont know if you heard bout this, but there throwing the 40th anniversary party of the "summer of love" at golden gate park. Quite the hippyfest, me and my beautiful wife will be in attendance. Almost forgot, it's Sept 2

Lisa,
Welcome to the forum and the street team. You sound like you've come down with a severe case of the JB's. There's only one cure and it sounds like you already saw the pharmacist...a musical z-pak: A New Day Yesterday (& Live), So, It's Like That, Blues Deluxe, Had To Cry Today, You & Me, Sloe Gin. Take at least 3 times a day. Repeat as necessary!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome Lisa!!! check your personal e-mail for some Bay Area Street Team info. Until Joe actually hits the stage you'll probably find me keeping Shred hydrated at the nearest bar in the Marina District.Look forward to meeting you guys.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

9 (edited by Marianne 2007-08-25 22:35:52)

Welcome on board!
Great having another streetteammember around.
Keep on posting and promoting Joe,like we all do.
I'm also gonna visit S.F in about 3 weeks,when we'll travel around the west. Unfortunally not able to see a show,because we'll arrive at 10 september and will travel to vegas and end up in denver.(for about 3 weeks). But enjoy the show,I'm shure you will.

Greetz

Marianne, let me know what your itinerary will be in SF, maybe we could hook up. E-mail personally if you like.

Your Guide to The Bay Area,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Marianne wrote:

Welcome on board!
Great having another streetteammember around.
Keep on posting and promoting Joe,like we all do.
I'm also gonna visit S.F in about 3 weeks,when we'll travel around the west. Unfortunally not able to see a show,because we'll arrive at 10 september and will travel to vegas and end up in denver.(for about 3 weeks). But enjoy the show,I'm shure you will.

Greetz

Marianne, I dont know how long your in S.F., but try and go to the historic "Filmore", the "los lonely boys" are there on the 11th, and Steve Vai with Orianthia ( that girl form Australia who can shred most men under the table) on the 12th. I might be going, going to have to steal some money from the wife first. You will be blown away just looking at all the vintage posters on the walls.

Shred

Hi Lisa, glad to meet another fellow guitarist. Did you hear Joe on the Mark and Brian Show on Thursday...they deemed them their "official band."

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Thanks everyone!
I feel very welcome.

Yes, I did hear Joe and the band on Mark and Brian (I got the link from one of the threads on the forum). It sounded great, and really made me even more excited to see them.  I'm hoping that appearance really gives them a push.

And Shredit, the husband and I also have seats in row B, but somewhere in the middle I think for the SF show. (I did know about the summer of love fest, but not sure if we're going yet). 

Thanks all!!
Lisa.

well everybody thanks a lot for your kind words and tips.
We'll arrive somewhere late in the evening the 10th of september in san fransisco(after been travelling for more than 15h), and stay the next whole day.we'll leave the 12th early in the morning because we have a long trip ahead.So drinking till late in the night isn't really an option.Roy. haha .
really haven't got a clue what we're gonna do. My boyfriends want's to see alcatraz so that's one thing that's planned.Also haven't really got an idea where we're gonna stay. Mostly when we come to the US, we stay over in Motels.So if anybody  knows some   nice places to catch a dinner ,some music, bars etc. any ideas would be great. (something close to the center,for a nice price,haha ) smile wink