Topic: UK Tour 2020

I’ve got tickets for Brighton on 25 April. Due to COVID-19 literally every public event in the UK has been postponed or cancelled.

But not this one. In fact as recently as two days ago Joe’s official Facebook page was saying only one month to the “Joe Show” and that tickets were still available. I realise that Joe doesn’t run his own social media but this failure to acknowledge the current situation in the Uk is appalling. As of today over 1000 have died. And yet somebody in Joe’s management team is either blissfully ignorant or totally callous. If you are reading this Joe then stop the show and stop selling tickets. This is not reflecting well on you. It makes you look thoughtless and greedy.

Re: UK Tour 2020

Lester wrote:

You have a point but I doubt very much if anyone is actually buying tickets for events coming up in the next few weeks.
Should the concert be rescheduled then the tickets will be valid for the new show, or you can get a refund.
I would hope that J&R are aware of the situation and are probably looking at postponing to next year.
A decision regarding the 2020 UK tour is overdue.
Think we will just have to make do with the new studio album for now.

Lester

Yes I know about the rescheduling process. Bonamassa’s people are just so far behind the curve. Every other event at Brighton Centre has been shelved. And the Facebook advert pushing tickets was tasteless. Joe needs to have a word with his people. Appalling.

They are postponed already but they wait until they have all new Dates secured. Then they Release the News with the new Dates. Gateshead Sage says already postponed

Let's be realistic which governments are not,

The travel bans, when lifted will have major travel restrictions.
It will probably be more than 6mths, after covid is over before anything resembling normal.
But we haven't hit a peak yet

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Lester wrote:

I’m sure they have been postponed but the point being made by the original post is that they are still being promoted on Joe’s website (and Facebook, although I don’t use it) with tickets on sale.
I think we just need J&R to put out a statement to avoid any confusion.

There is no confusion. Everyone knows the score with COVID-19. It’s either complete ignorance of reality or arrogance in continuing to suck in cash through trying to sell out remaining tickets.

SirCravenofCottage wrote:
Lester wrote:

I’m sure they have been postponed but the point being made by the original post is that they are still being promoted on Joe’s website (and Facebook, although I don’t use it) with tickets on sale.

There is no confusion. Everyone knows the score with COVID-19. It’s either complete ignorance of reality or arrogance in continuing to suck in cash through trying to sell out remaining tickets.

Nobody is forcing you to buy any tickets. You are an adult, hopefully an informed adult. If you have a ticket and concert will be cancelled - you will get a refund. If concert will get postponed - you will see it later. What is you problem? Maybe it will be more useful to vent your fear and frustration onto your government official's websites instead.

reo l wrote:
SirCravenofCottage wrote:
Lester wrote:

Nobody is forcing you to buy any tickets. You are an adult, hopefully an informed adult. If you have a ticket and concert will be cancelled - you will get a refund. If concert will get postponed - you will see it later. What is you problem? Maybe it will be more useful to vent your fear and frustration onto your government official's websites instead.

What a strange response.

Yes nobody has forced me to do anything. Yes I already have tickets. But I don’t have any fear and frustration. It’s just that two to three weeks after most artists cancelled their shows it seems in bad taste for Joe’s management to still be pushing tickets. That’s all. I am sorry if I offended your unshaking belief in the Bonamassa Corporation

Jane H. wrote:

Welcome to the forum SirCravenofCottage. FWIW this is really just an old hang out for Joe fans....its not the best way to get in touch with Joe's management or Joe. I think on the main site there is a contact form.

I don't think its safe to assume much of anything these days, including what reason or reasons there might be for those tickets still being on sale and advertised..... I don't know but I can easily imagine there is some sort of contractual arrangement complicating things or delaying decisions IDK...i would tend to think the facebook ads are pre-scheduled....and I would tend to think maybe Joe's team is hopefully taking care of themselves and their families.
But, I try not to assume, and mostly about the intentions of people on matters I don't know all the details of.
Its doubtful those shows will go on but according to Brighton center's facebook there are lots of other shows not cancelled and one this week...so again, I don't know whats up  but I am sure its more to the story.

I get what you are saying but if you want to get the message to Joe or his team, try some other way.
If you want to hang with us here please let us know why you bought tickets to begin with or anything else Joe related.
All of us could use some positive distraction. I don't know about you but many of us have found healing and salvation because of Joe and his music and also many because of this forum. You are not the first to decide to join here to get a complaint or difficult message to Joe or his team but I hope in these troubling times you may be able to find or share some comfort and joy here.

No. Not really looking to get a message to Joe. Initially just venting and hoping that somebody might have some genuine insight. For the record my comments are more about Joe’s management than about Joe. But I repeat other artists have already cancelled and rescheduled their shows. Joe hasn’t. It’s a valid criticism.