Topic: Walter Trout. Survivor Blues

This new disc of Blues covers from Walter is one of his best. Standouts include an incredibly emotional "Me, My Guitar, and the Blues", a great duet with Sugaray Rayford called "Woman Don't Lie" a spacey hippie blues jam,,"Nature's Disappearing" a Rockin' "Red Sun" and the timely "Be Careful how you Vote" including many other great covers. Just like Joe, he knows how to pick his covers. Walter is also a seriously crazy good guitarist as well. I highly recommend this, if you're a Blues fan...which you probably are...

Murfdog

Re: Walter Trout. Survivor Blues

I have not picked this one up yet, but will since I have most of Walter’s stuff.  It’s been awhile since I have seen him live.  Better check his tour page too.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Great album. He made the good choice of not redoing the blues hits. He hits it out of the park with this album.So grateful to hear him back strong after his battles with illness. Hard to believe he could even play a couple years ago or so.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Certainly is a great album. Bought it on the Survivor Blues tour in Brighton last Sunday. Walter and band blew everybody away with a sterling performance, stronger than any wind on Brighton seafront. Highlight for me which brought tears to my eyes, 'Me, My Guitar and the Blues'. Looks like he will be on the Mediterranean Cruise 2020 which makes it very tempting. Well worth going to see.

Paul13 wrote:

Certainly is a great album. Bought it on the Survivor Blues tour in Brighton last Sunday. Walter and band blew everybody away with a sterling performance, stronger than any wind on Brighton seafront. Highlight for me which brought tears to my eyes, 'Me, My Guitar and the Blues'. Looks like he will be on the Mediterranean Cruise 2020 which makes it very tempting. Well worth going to see.

Seeing him December..Can't wait

Murfdog