Topic: Any plans for the 10 year anniversary of RAH?

Hello,

I know Joe is going to be on tour in Europe when the 10th anniversary of Joe’s first appearance at the Royal Albert Hall comes around on May 4th, but I was wondering if there were any plans to celebrate this anniversary.
We all know this RAH appearance pretty well changed the trajectory of his career for the better so I was hoping for some kind of acknowledgment or celebration of the event.

Thanks,

Nancy in Oklahoma

Re: Any plans for the 10 year anniversary of RAH?

I believe the three nights at the Albert Hall towards the end of April will ‘celebrate ‘ the 10th anniversary although the format of these shows has yet to be announced.

Lester

Ha!  I can’t believe it’s been 10 years!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

I'll be at one of the shows in London in April with some of the great folks I have met because of that first show.  I don't think any show will top that one for so many different reasons.  I hope some of the older songs from that show make it into the set list - we shall see.  I remember that the tour Joe did right before the first RAH had a very similar set-list to what he played that night so maybe we'll get a few hints.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Sure...everybody is invited to my house on May 4th!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Wonder if he'll have any special guests this time around? Since he had Clapton before, Jeff Beck and/or Jimmy Page would be great this time!!!

https://tickets.royalalberthall.com/production/62854

At time of posting there are seats available at the RAH for the front two rows on Wed and Thur and second row for Fri.
Around £172 I believe.
Some good stalls seats too at £119.

Lester..

I know i was there.....but i wasnt all there.....oh never mind, it was awesome.....alot has happened in 10 years.....Bonamassa is the man!!

9 (edited by Inluvwithjoe 2019-04-01 19:49:25)

Watch party for this anniversary will be held on Facebook’s group Bonanation. And I am having a special anniversary drawing that night as well with free RAH prizes.
Watch Party will start at 8:00 pm CST and will end at 9:00 pm CST.
Tune in and share your memories!

Also the sound quality will be much better due to a big upgrade at the RAH. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47778463   big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Also the sound quality will be much better due to a big upgrade at the RAH. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47778463   big_smile

That’s good to hear - no pun intended.
Always felt the RAH sound became distorted when it got a bit loud.

Lester

Jane H. wrote:

yeah, no official plans that I know of, other than the three gigs as Lester mentioned. I imagine there will maybe be a dvd of that for future release but i am not sure.
If there is some special event i am sure they will be selling a shirt or poster in the store big_smile

it would be cool if they discounted the RAH DVD. Its such a great thing. I loved sharing copies of that....I always said it was almost perfect.....if it had Pain and Sorrow...it would have been closer to perfect. and for real i would have picked different tunes but the night was magic. I was glad to be able to hang out here while friends tweeted from the show...i will never forget hearing that Eric Clapton !!!!!!!walked out on stage from Jim m. and then IIRC, Martin was right after with the photo evidence!!!!
Wanted to be there so bad....and Michael had a front row seat for me but life got in the way. Always grateful though...

I'll surely break out my dvd and watch it that weekend...we could always plan an online celebration although I can tell you thats a busy weekend for me but i will join in if I can!!!

I also remember all the times they played it on PBS and hearing from new fans  and old friends that knew i was a fan but it was their first  time seeing it. Wow ten years!!!

RAH RAH RAH!!!!!!

I took your Watch Party suggestion and ran with it! Thanks for the idea. We are having a Watch Party on Bonanation Friday May 4th. Hope you will join in on the fun. It will start at 8:00 pm CST and last an hour.

Some classics to finish in Glasgow tonight - we are in for a treat at the RAH.

trdb wrote:

Some classics to finish in Glasgow tonight - we are in for a treat at the RAH.

Yeah,Mountain Time and WUD back in,we'll be in the stalls on the floor, back row,looking forward to the  new sound system-saw Alter Bridge with the Parallax Orchestra there and I thought,at times,they got lost in the immensity of the guitar/bass  mix,so any improvement will be welcome.

Come on you Blades!

Mountain Time is a great way to finish, (even better when combined with Just Got Paid but you can’t always get what you want). Sloe Gin will compensate if it’s included at the RAH.
Managed to get front row of the raised stalls, so should have a decent view of the stage.
Interested to hear how the new sound system performs.

Lester