Topic: Sloe Gin

Hi there!
Just downloaded SG from Itunes.3 songs in,sounds like a killer album,Joe!
Y'all take care now!

Re: Sloe Gin

Oh no you don't..You're not done. Listen over and over and come back and gush! Welcome to the forum.Cathy

Welcome Per to the forum, new CD is awesome.  Let us know what you think about the entire CD.  Where to you hail from?

Music is good for the Soul...

Per,
Great first post! This album sure sounds like it's gonna be special.
Welcome to the forum and hope you stick around.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hello again!
Now that I've listened to the whole cd for the past 2 days,in my car,home stereo,ipod,I can't think of anything else to say but GREAT ALBUM! Although I honestly think 'India' is a bit of a filler.Great production.The songs are in the forefront,enough tasty guitar playing without becoming a 'shred album'.The vocals come through really nice,one of Joe's strong elements.
As a fellow guitar player and singer(check out www.triogrande.se),very inspiring,as always.
I saw Joe at Sticky Fingers in Gothenburg,Sweden,(that's where I hail from) last April,brought a few friends along who hadn't heard Joe and they were knocked out.I was hoping JB would've stopped by this summer ,as he was up in Stockholm for a few gigs,but I guess I have to wait 'til the next time.I'm keeping a close eye on the gig calender.
Stay healthy veryone!

I don't know if "India" is a bit of a filler, although I am confident quite a few will agree with you and moreso, not even like it.  I happen to like all kinds of music.  That's me though. I am sure many dismiss "Rag Bihag," by Vishwa Mohan Bhatt on the Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD (push "skip" / "next" on the remote), but if they gave it an open-minded listen they might see great talent.  Perhaps enoyable talent. But then there's the taste factor also, so...
I have wondered how many Beatles fans didn't like something like "Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite" or a better example yet , "I am the Walrus", both songs that ended a vinyl record "Side One" (typical place to park "filler", also LP "Side Two", i.e. last cuts on a side or album) until listened to again.  Anyway Hello Goodbye ( a start to a  "Side Two") Per, nice to have you along. Is this your first Joe Bonamassa album? He has other GREAT ALBUMs as well!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Per Andersson wrote:

Hello again!
Now that I've listened to the whole cd for the past 2 days,in my car,home stereo,ipod,I can't think of anything else to say but GREAT ALBUM! Although I honestly think 'India' is a bit of a filler.Great production.The songs are in the forefront,enough tasty guitar playing without becoming a 'shred album'.The vocals come through really nice,one of Joe's strong elements.
As a fellow guitar player and singer(check out www.triogrande.se),very inspiring,as always.
I saw Joe at Sticky Fingers in Gothenburg,Sweden,(that's where I hail from) last April,brought a few friends along who hadn't heard Joe and they were knocked out.I was hoping JB would've stopped by this summer ,as he was up in Stockholm for a few gigs,but I guess I have to wait 'til the next time.I'm keeping a close eye on the gig calender.
Stay healthy veryone!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hello again!
I couldn't agree with you more ,Rocket.It's all a matter of taste.No disrespect to Joe,or anyone else for that matter,I know it takes a great deal of effort to write songs and a lot of hard work to put an album together.Considering the amount of touring in between...
The hard  truth of being an artist is that whatever you do,everybody has an opinion about your work.I'm a working musician myself,and the past two nights,you won't believe the amount of 'input' people want to give you,in regards to selection of songs,stage volume,etc.Let's see what happens tonight.Then again,this shows that whatever you do,you're touching somebody's feelings enough for them to react.I see that as a positive thing.A lot of people go to work every day,and they never get a reaction from anyone,let alone from total strangers.
Having said that,1 out of 11 isn't half bad.SG is a great album.I realised this morning how well the string arrangements blend in without becoming too much 'elevator'music a la the later Gary Moore albums.Again ,this is only me speaking.Most so called 'hit albums' today are made to have 2 hit singles then fill it up with garbage.I think that with people like Joe,and the blues and rock genre,they're very concerned with making GOOD MUSIC,and seeing to it that their fans get their money's worth.I can go on forever abou this.
No,this is my 5th album with JB.I also have the club dvd from a few years back.
The reason I wrote to the forum to begin with was to let everyone know that they didn't have to wait 'til the 21st to get the album.
Have a great day wherever you are!

Write On!

Per Andersson wrote:

Hello again!
I couldn't agree with you more ,Rocket.It's all a matter of taste.No disrespect to Joe,or anyone else for that matter,I know it takes a great deal of effort to write songs and a lot of hard work to put an album together.Considering the amount of touring in between...
The hard  truth of being an artist is that whatever you do,everybody has an opinion about your work.I'm a working musician myself,and the past two nights,you won't believe the amount of 'input' people want to give you,in regards to selection of songs,stage volume,etc.Let's see what happens tonight.Then again,this shows that whatever you do,you're touching somebody's feelings enough for them to react.I see that as a positive thing.A lot of people go to work every day,and they never get a reaction from anyone,let alone from total strangers.
Having said that,1 out of 11 isn't half bad.SG is a great album.I realised this morning how well the string arrangements blend in without becoming too much 'elevator'music a la the later Gary Moore albums.Again ,this is only me speaking.Most so called 'hit albums' today are made to have 2 hit singles then fill it up with garbage.I think that with people like Joe,and the blues and rock genre,they're very concerned with making GOOD MUSIC,and seeing to it that their fans get their money's worth.I can go on forever abou this.
No,this is my 5th album with JB.I also have the club dvd from a few years back.
The reason I wrote to the forum to begin with was to let everyone know that they didn't have to wait 'til the 21st to get the album.
Have a great day wherever you are!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”