1 (edited by Curby 2018-10-02 20:32:25)

Topic: No Hard Feelings

I heard this song tonight by the Avett Brothers and knew right away this is the song to say good-bye
to all the people I've met through the years here in the forum.  We all love our music but sometimes other things get in the way.

This is such a beautiful song that i need to hold close to temper my anger and truly have no hard feelings.  It's been a real pleasure
trading bands we've come across ya'all.

Curby

https://youtu.be/tFGs7HP15d4

"No Hard Feelings"

When my body won't hold me anymore
And it finally lets me free
Will I be ready?
When my feet won't walk another mile
And my lips give their last kiss goodbye
Will my hands be steady?

When I lay down my fears
My hopes and my doubts
The rings on my fingers
And the keys to my house
With no hard feelings

When the sun hangs low in the west
And the light in my chest
Won't be kept held at bay any longer
When the jealousy fades away
And it's ash and dust for cash and lust
And it's just hallelujah
And love in thoughts and love in the words
Love in the songs they sing in the church
And no hard feelings

Lord they knows they haven't done
Much good for anyone
Kept me afraid and cold
With so much to have and hold

When my body won't hold me anymore
And it finally lets me free
Where will I go?
Will the trade winds take me south
Through Georgia grain or tropical rain
Or snow from the heavens?

Will I join with the ocean blue
Or run into the savior true
And shake hands laughing
And walk through the night
Straight to the light
Holding the love I've known in my life
And no hard feelings

Lord they knows they haven't done
Much good for anyone
Kept me afraid and cold
With so much to have and hold
Under the curving sky
I'm finally learning why
It matters for me and you
To say it and mean it to
For life and its loveliness
And all of its ugliness
Good as its been to me
I have no enemies
I have no enemies
I have no enemies
I have no enemies

Re: No Hard Feelings

Curby, I'm so dismayed.  You shouldn't go.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

3 (edited by reo l 2018-10-03 23:37:58)

Curby... I have never met you but always enjoyed your posts. Thank you for shearing wonderful music with us. I hope you are not leaving this forum. But if you do I must say: I don't  know you but your personality was always shining through. I like you a lot. 

Anyway here is a song for you. Old but nice one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdoW2P049S0

4 (edited by dknight16 2018-10-03 19:34:09)

We’ve never talked, but I too have enjoyed your posts over the years.  Things change and maybe you will find your way back.  Don’t be gone too long.  smile

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

No idea why. I’ve enjoyed your input for a very long time.
Buena suerte senor.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Curby; I've really enjoyed your friendship these past few years; my knowledge and appreciation of music has really grown under your influence and guidance. I hope this is just a temporary diversion in the road and that somewhere down the way our paths reconnect.

Be safe, be well and may your God always smile on you.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Don’t understand why you are leaving.Just sad to see a musical brother leave our little island.
If you change your mind always know you have people here who appreciate you.As I can see by the comments.
I would hope that counts for more than anything else

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

First I want to say I have absolutely no clue if this might be right on or not, but given the words to the song that is posted is it possible that Curby is sick? I don't want to start any rumors so I will repeat I have absolutely no idea what's up, but maybe he is battling something that has nothing to do with the forum?

Hate it when one of the old timers in this place decides to leave.  It is indeed a tiny island these days but a true oasis.  Go in safety, walk in peace.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty