1 (edited by CharlesZ. 2018-07-26 17:07:40)

Topic: Joe's Interview w/Jonesy's Jukebox - No Longer Collecting Guitars?

https://youtu.be/khxBGuth1Tg

At minute 3:00, Joe says he's stopped collecting guitars, as part of his "redemption".  Have you seen this interview, and what do you think?

As usual, he's very self-deprecating.  He briefly also mentions his health leading to the album title concept.  Has he had health issues?

The interview was posted by KLOS on 7-18-2018.

"You know, it's just that people like this... you know... they get all they want so they really don't understand, you know... about a life like Frank's. I mean, when you've loved and lost the way Frank has, then you, uh, you know what life's about."

"How can "less be more"?  It's impossible.  "More" is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Re: Joe's Interview w/Jonesy's Jukebox - No Longer Collecting Guitars?

Great interview, thanks for posting the link. I always enjoy listening to Joe talk about music and really life in general. He's so knowledgable about the history of the stuff and never comes off sounding "fake". Also he's the last person on the planet to know how good a player he is. Funny, I was sitting here watching this interview five feet away from that speaker blowing the guy's hair back poster that I've had hanging on my wall for decades loving the discussion about volume. Remember if it's too loud you're too old. Well I'm 68 now so I'm old and you know what? It's not too loud!

hardrain

uncleraven wrote:

Great interview, thanks for posting the link. I always enjoy listening to Joe talk about music and really life in general. He's so knowledgable about the history of the stuff and never comes off sounding "fake". Also he's the last person on the planet to know how good a player he is. Funny, I was sitting here watching this interview five feet away from that speaker blowing the guy's hair back poster that I've had hanging on my wall for decades loving the discussion about volume. Remember if it's too loud you're too old. Well I'm 68 now so I'm old and you know what? It's not too loud!

Darn tootin’!
That’s what hearing aids are for.
I really enjoyed that interview too.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

He seems to be such a regular guy who hasn't let Fame and Fortune go to his head. Definitely one of the qualities I like about him and why I support him.

"You know, it's just that people like this... you know... they get all they want so they really don't understand, you know... about a life like Frank's. I mean, when you've loved and lost the way Frank has, then you, uh, you know what life's about."

I agree with your assessment Jane.  I'm sure he'll continue his tradition of "guitar safari" but in a more "restrained" fashion! smile

6 (edited by nmagcorn 2018-08-05 14:21:53)

Given that Joe has recently posted photos on Instagram showing at least 2 new guitars he has bought in the past 2 days perhaps he should have worded his comment "I stopped collecting guitars for a month" lol. I imagine it would be really hard for him to not pick ones up while he is out on tour.

Joe not collecting guitars anymore? Yeah right I will bet 2 million dollars he is still. Remember I do not have 2 million so don’t contact me. I bet he has bought a few since that interview..,

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Remember he's a "nerd"
They throw out "jokes" like that all the time.

They don't mean what they say.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Agree with all of you.  I would hate Joe to stop collecting guitars and other music ephemera.  I live vicariously through his "safaris".  I used to do the same years ago, but I always had a small budget to work with and couldn't travel as extensively as Joe can to search all of the musical nooks and crannies.  I thoroughly enjoy JB posting pics of his newly found acquisitions.

Fantastic interview and jams!
Can't keep them all. Sometimes you let go of a favorite because you can move that capital to other future favorites.