Re: Summer 2018 Country and Western Tour Setlist?

Bill S wrote:

When I first saw that Joe was playing the Ryman and playing a country music tribute show, it took a few minutes to digest.
I’ve listened to country music on occasion and like some of it, but it has never been a part of my music catalog.
Then the thought came to my head: Joe’s playing a tribute to the country greats AT THE RYMAN THEATER!!! I gotta see this.
I snagged tickets and spent way too much money on them. I made flight and hotel reservations. I put aside cash for cabs, meals, drinks and miscellaneous. 
I was excited. Now I hear this.
Frankly, I’m a little pissed off right now.
This thing has been steered off the tracks by a bunch of people that evidently don’t know how to read. It seemed very clear to me when I bought tickets that this was a country music tribute. Now, apparently, it’s not.
I will always be excited to see a live Joe show, but there will likely be some disappointment while I wonder what could (should) have been.

I still hold out hope that Saturday night’s show will go on as Joe originally intended.

Come over here and let me give you a semi-consoling HUG, Bill.  You’ll be O.K.!  Everybody gets the blues sometimes...Hey, lookit that!  A Merle Haggard classic coming down re-orchestrated! Imagine...all the peoples ears...Wake UP World!  Joe Bonamassa has taken it all ON and come out on this (to me, in accordance with long ago prophesizing) Great Side!  Risked it ALL, and I mean ALL all the while living blues real-time and the most dedicated preservationist at the same time!  Doesn’t HE deserve the respect?!  Damn straight!!!  Keep your personal disdainments or praises as you wish, but goddammit, you’ll have your chance, but please let Joe light your firefight, so Let The Relly Big Shoe!!! Go ON!!!

Trust me, when Joe and the most organic bunch of Natural Musicians have something up their sleeve, better just watch their hands...and listen UP.  And I ask directly to anyone, interpret it in your language, “Can you do that?!”

Rock ON & Keep The Self Prevalent Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
Bill S wrote:

When I first saw that Joe was playing the Ryman and playing a country music tribute show, it took a few minutes to digest.
I’ve listened to country music on occasion and like some of it, but it has never been a part of my music catalog.
Then the thought came to my head: Joe’s playing a tribute to the country greats AT THE RYMAN THEATER!!! I gotta see this.
I snagged tickets and spent way too much money on them. I made flight and hotel reservations. I put aside cash for cabs, meals, drinks and miscellaneous. 
This thing has been steered off the tracks by a bunch of people that evidently don’t know how to read. It seemed very clear to me when I bought tickets that this was a country music tribute. Now, apparently, it’s not.
I will always be excited to see a live Joe show, but there will likely be some disappointment while I wonder what could (should) have been.

I still hold out hope that Saturday night’s show will go on as Joe originally intended.

Come over here and let me give you a semi-consoling HUG, Bill.  You’ll be O.K.!  Everybody gets the blues sometimes...Hey, lookit that!  A Merle Haggard classic coming down re-orchestrated! Imagine...all the peoples ears...Wake UP World!  Joe Bonamassa has taken it all ON and come out on this (to me, in accordance with long ago prophesizing) Great Side!  Risked it ALL, and I mean ALL all the while living blues real-time and the most dedicated preservationist at the same time!  Doesn’t HE deserve the respect?!  Damn straight!!!  Keep your personal disdainments or praises as you wish, but goddammit, you’ll have your chance, but please let Joe light your firefight, so Let The Relly Big Shoe!!! Go ON!!!

Trust me, when Joe and the most organic bunch of Natural Musicians have something up their sleeve, better just watch their hands...and listen UP.  And I ask directly to anyone, interpret it in your language, “Can you do that?!”

Rocket

Yeah, I don’t NEED a hug Rocket, but we haven’t seen each other for long time...so I WANT one. smile

I have no doubt that I’ll love whatever Joe serves up. If I get served chicken instead of fish, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Bill S wrote:

Rocket

Yeah, I don’t NEED a hug Rocket, but we haven’t seen each other for long time...so I WANT one. smile

I have no doubt that I’ll love whatever Joe serves up. If I get served chicken instead of fish, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

I’m thinkin’ it is high time to stun the masses with that Mickey Mouse Geetar (with the plastic strings) we’ve previously imagined...

Rock ON & Keep The Faith, with or without the wind-up version,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Joe did say they're going to wait for the right venue to do country.

Maybe you'll get lucky at the Ryman in Nashville.

Certainly the right venue

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

As someone smart said somewhere: - There is a fine line between talented and genius but it is always very visible. Joe is very often is crossing that line to the genius side. That is why so many people love him. That is why so many people hate him and want him to become  just the ordinary Joe, like everyone else. So they could go to sleep peacefully and feel good about their inner belief that miracles do not exist.

PS: Rocket... I am very hug deficient, so if you have one extra... I need it too! big_smile

I would have been bummed too if I showed up and it was the "Country" set...From all the buzz I heard in the spring...I was under the impression...and I guess a lot of others were too...that only the three shows at The Ryman in Nashville in Mid August would be the country shows!!!!

I would add however that looking at the last few shows now they are back to the spring tour setlist...Joe looks kind of bored???

Seems like his album releases and his touring schedule are all out of whack...Like he should have toured the "British Explosion" set this spring and summer to coincide with it's release...

Same for the fall tour...Should have premiered it by playing it "Redemption" live front to back at The Beacon in late September...early October to coincide with its release and promote it that way by creating a touring Buzz...

Love the fact you played some new songs on tour from Redemption before its released...How about maybe next album...

Play it live and record it as it progresses as you tour...like Pink Floyd did with Dark Side of the Moon...That would be awesome!!!

Last thing...Saw Beth Hart and KWS at The Paramount in Asbury July 31st...amazing show!!!

Would love to see you get together with KWS and Beth and form a super group (Triple Threat maybe??)...throw in Chris Layton

and Reese Wynans too...that would be an amazing show!!!!

See you in May 2019 at the State Theater in New Brunswick...and hopefully at The Beacon in the fall of 2019!!!!

We are all just Mutantsofthemonster wink

8/5/2018 Sloe Gin at Red Rocks - epic  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRxi1t_7A8g